Gronkowski closing in on new deal

On 4/4/2020 at 7:32 PM, Matt39 said:

Wrestling Rushmore?

Hogan, Flair, Michaels, Austin 

The 4th one is so tough for me.  I grew up on 80s and 90s wrestling so those are where I pull my list from.  I think Hogan, Austin, Flair are 3 no doubt.  That 4th one is tough.  Michael's is the best "wrestler".  Rock is in the discussion.  Undertaker maybe?  Dusty Rhodes.  Cena was the modern day Hogan, but more people hate him than consider him an all time great 

• Upvote 1

On 4/4/2020 at 7:32 PM, Matt39 said:

Wrestling Rushmore?

Hogan, Flair, Michaels, Austin 

Andre the Giant.  He could sell out any arena in the world, regardless of who he went against.

Hogan

Flair. The greatest heel ever

Austin/Rock

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The 4th one is so tough for me.  I grew up on 80s and 90s wrestling so those are where I pull my list from.  I think Hogan, Austin, Flair are 3 no doubt.  That 4th one is tough.  Michael's is the best "wrestler".  Rock is in the discussion.  Undertaker maybe?  Dusty Rhodes.  Cena was the modern day Hogan, but more people hate him than consider him an all time great 

Andre the giant sold out arenas all over the world.  Every old time wrestler has stories about Andre, and in the locker room they all deferred to him.  If he said he didn't like you, you were done.  

Also, the greatest drinker of the last 200 years.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, 82nd Airborne said:

And the main reason I don't watch wrestling is...

Meh, hope he has fun while it last. It won’t last he will be obscure soon enough. Then get some press when he gets into the hall. After that he can enjoy his smart decision to not burn through his money and sign some autographs in Massachusetts’s couple times a year. Other than that he has started his fifteen minutes of post football fame and it will not be pretty.,

Glad this thread took a right turn with the comparison to DJ. My family usually likes his movies and none of us even know him as the rock ( not wrestling fans). Gronk comes off as an overgrown spring breaker. He did make the right move keeping his nfl career short. In hindsight, Barry Sanders decision to hang it up early doesn’t seem too crazy.

10 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Glad this thread took a right turn with the comparison to DJ. My family usually likes his movies and none of us even know him as the rock ( not wrestling fans). Gronk comes off as an overgrown spring breaker. He did make the right move keeping his nfl career short. In hindsight, Barry Sanders decision to hang it up early doesn’t seem too crazy.

Well put. The Rock won me over as an actor/personality in the second Get Shorty, Be Cool. Literally I couldn’t believe how good and totally hysterical he was as a character actor. 

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Well put. The Rock won me over as an actor/personality in the second Get Shorty, Be Cool. Literally I couldn’t believe how good and totally hysterical he was as a character actor. 

He was the only good thing about that movie

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

He was the only good thing about that movie

Exactly. He carried it. Guy is entertaining and surprisingly talented. Gronkowski is an all time great at his opposition. But it 100% stops there. Watching him do anything other than play football is literally the opposite of entertainment. I sorta feel like either I'm making fun of him or he is making fun of me.  Almost to a level of disrespect. He's literally that void of talent or even mild appeal.