Bengals to release LT Cordy Glenn if a trade cannot be made

It’s raining offensive tackles ️ 

In 2018, the Bengals traded a 1st and 5th round draft choices for 28 year old left tackle Cordy Glenn. Two years later, the now 30 year old 6’6 345lbs left tackle is poised to hit the market.   He can be had via trade with the Bengals or one can hope he clears the trade talks and hits free agency.   The Bengals can free up $9.5 million if they trade him and $7.5 if they release him.

Glenn missed most of last season after suffering a concussion and a dispute with the team upon his return from concussion protocol.   If a team trades for Glenn, they will likely want to extend his deal which has 1 year remaining.   It’s unclear what the Bengals want in return for Glenn.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

In 2018, the Bengals traded a 1st and 5th round draft choices for 28 year old left tackle Cordy Glenn. Two years later, the now 30 year old 6’6 345lbs left tackle is poised to hit the market.   He can be had via trade with the Bengals or one can hope he clears the trade talks and hits free agency.   The Bengals can free up $9.5 million if they trade him and $7.5 if they release him.

Glenn missed most of last season after suffering a concussion and a dispute with the team upon his return from concussion protocol.   If a team trades for Glenn, they will likely want to extend his deal which has 1 year remaining.   It’s unclear what the Bengals want in return for Glenn.

No. 

No to any player that has not played in a year. Both Glenn and Williams. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Agoldstein54 said:

he was ranked like 60th among tackles last year that's including both tackle slots. No thanks

Well... to be fair you would be dead last at your job too if you didnt work. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Agoldstein54 said:

he was ranked like 60th among tackles last year that's including both tackle slots. No thanks

He only played in 6 games last year.  What was his rank the year prior, and what ranking site are you referencing?  I'd like to know where our OTs ranked. 

"Gotta used offensive lineman here.  Yep.  Yep.  Boss doesn't want to part for him for anything less than a third round pick.  But since I want to get him off the lot... I'll let it go for a fifth rounder.  Boy.... I tell ya.  If my boss knew the deal I was givin' youuuuu!"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Agoldstein54 said:

I'm referencing PFF, and his lows 60s grades in both 2017 and 2018. he's known as one of these huge human beings like mekhi becton, not for being an amazing player. Beachum is for sure a better player than him, and I'm not sure he's gonna cut it this year. 

Beachum is better than Glenn? Chill the hell out and put the PFF down.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

Don’t trade for beat up players out of their first contract.  

seldom works. 

True. 

Now.... signing free agents who've recovered for half a year, looking to sign their third contract.    Now THAT is a game plan for success. 

• Upvote 1

I want the Tackle that can play Guard.  The Guard that can play Center.  And the other Tackle that can play on both sides. 

And when the defense tries shifting their DTs/DEs with exotic looks, I want our OL to shift right along with them and shuffle into a different OL set on every play.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If Cincy would give him up for a 6th, then sure.

The Jets have ZERO O linemen.    It is not realistic to think they will draft 4 starters this year, and anyway you can't have all rookies.   Give up a low pick, if he pans out at all, you can re sign him, or let him go and recoup a superior draft pick via compensation.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, chirorob said:

If Cincy would give him up for a 6th, then sure.

My thoughts.^ 

probably wont be able to sign 3+ OL. There’s a whole league full of teams in need of OL help. A late round pick for Glenn isn’t unreasonable if you ask me. 

As mentioned by others before, you can always play the rookie OT on the right side until it’s time to switch. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

I’d sign him to play RT, he’s a Big dude and could a revelation playing RT.

Good thinking.  If he comes at a discount rate, it is worth bringing him on.  If the Jets draft a LT with the first pick and CG can perform marginally at RT, it is a very good move.  Right now, Douglas has to consider every swingin' dick with a heartbeat. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

My thoughts.^ 

probably wont be able to sign 3+ OL. There’s a whole league full of teams in need of OL help. A late round pick for Glenn isn’t unreasonable if you ask me. 

As mentioned by others before, you can always play the rookie OT on the right side until it’s time to switch. 

i think you mean sign 3 olinemen better than what they currently have.  beachum, lewis, compton, shell?  i know that's not saying much.  i'd like to see them get 2 oline starters in free agency, and not ones named above and then use higher draft picks to get solid players for depth or even stating.

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

Boom.  I was thinking the same thing. 

Peters or trade for T.Williams, draft Wills or Wirfs, put them at Guard, trade Cordy Glenn, put him at RT, draft the best Center available with the 1st third, and BOOM, SHACKALACKA!!!

I'd rather have Peters/ Williams + Glenn than a 4th & 5th rounder. We can pick a couple more development Oline in 2021 too. If we got a future LT & Center in this upcoming draft & had a couple hold the fort guys, I'd be excited to see what Sam Darnold could do with a bit more time & a decent ripening game. 

2 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Is he better than Beachum?

Beachum is not on the 2020 roster.

The Jets have had over a year to extend Beachum, Jenkins and Robbie, and the entire off season thus far to extend Poole.

Either the Jets are not offering, and players are not signing.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Peters or trade for T.Williams, draft Wills or Wirfs, put them at Guard, trade Cordy Glenn, put him at RT, draft the best Center available with the 1st third, and BOOM, SHACKALACKA!!!

I'd rather have Peters/ Williams + Glenn than a 4th & 5th rounder. We can pick a couple more development Oline in 2021 too. If we got a future LT & Center in this upcoming draft & had a couple hold the fort guys, I'd be excited to see what Sam Darnold could do with a bit more time & a decent ripening game. 

I think he'd go bananas with a decent ripening game.

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Get the spirit of Deacon Jones to slap him upside his head and if he’s ok after that.....,sign him.