Patriot Killa

Bengals to release LT Cordy Glenn if a trade cannot be made

7 hours ago, Agoldstein54 said:

he was ranked like 60th among tackles last year that's including both tackle slots. No thanks

Well in fairness it’d be much worse if 60th included just one of the tackle positions.

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I’d do it why not plug him in at RT if he can be had for a 5th or later 

Thing is he only has 1 contract year remaining. Yes it’s at (by today’s standards) a friendly figure of $9.5MM, but I don’t think this team is in a position to fork over draft picks for an unreliable player who’d be a UFA a year later unless we pay 2021 new-CBA market rates.

If he was released then maybe I’d look at him as a FA with heavy incentives, as this is an unusually bad off-season to be an injury prone tackle with others available in FA followed by a deep draft. Like $6MM base with incentives for starting 13 and 16 games, but even in typing this I find it ridiculous that merely missing 3 games should be considered a huge win for this fat bastard. 

But as things are now, with 1 year remaining for a guy who started & finished 4 games last year, 12 the year before that, and 2 the year before that? No, I’m not liking the idea of giving up any pick for him. Not even our 6th rounder (unless it’s a 2021 5th-6th round pick, and he has to be on our 2021 roster on April 1st for us to cough that up). 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I don’t value late round picks as much tbh. If I can trade a 5th or later for a guy who’s been a proven good player, I’d take that risk over a late round pick   

Generally I’d agree, except he’s started and finished 18 games over the last 3 years. They might be better off not penciling him in outright.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company