Anyone hungry for Snacks?

Philc1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

31 and still a big guy and will probably be a better player next year than Quinnen Williams.

I would for sure say yes except that the jets lover mcclendon and I thin he resigned with us last year no?

Lol. giphy.gif.9401b1f43891eb6e0e0178cafdee7aea.gif

Gregg Williams wants guys who can penetrate, and not just take up space. He was forced to use QW in that role last year because he really doesn't have the personal yet to play a 4-3, which has been a formation he's used half the time in his career. I doubt snacks will even cross their mind as someone to sign and contribute

As others pointed out, the real question about Snacks comes down to him vs McLendon.  There's really no one left with the team who has any connection to Snacks, so it would only be a matter if they see him as a significant upgrade, which I would bet against.  McLendon has played well for the Jets, has a very good rep as a locker room guy, and was the first player Douglas opted to extend.  All of those things also probably make it a safe bet that Gregg Williams is a fan too.  None of that sounds like someone they'll want to move on from.

DL is a position they will be most likely outright ignoring this offseason beyond some potential low-cost depth guys.

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Wow, so disappointing. 

We're bringing in Snacks to rush the passer. Oh, wait. only has 11 career sacks. We're bringing him in to improve our run defense. Oh, wait, we actually finished 2nd in the league in run defense. Mind boggling

I know everyone likes a good he's coming home story, but I really don't see why he would want to come back here.  Team is a rebuild mode.  He doesn't fit what the jets are looking for and if your Snacks, with his age getting up there, health not the greatest , not want to go play for a team that can make the playoffs or a run at a super bowl  In his last year or 2 ?

1 hour ago, Jetpain said:

I know everyone likes a good he's coming home story, but I really don't see why he would want to come back here.  Team is a rebuild mode.  He doesn't fit what the jets are looking for and if your Snacks, with his age getting up there, health not the greatest , not want to go play for a team that can make the playoffs or a run at a super bowl  In his last year or 2 ?

You make it sound like he’s pushing 40. He’s 31 and NT is hardly a speed position to begin with.

I liked and still like Snacks, but the reason not to add him is because that part-time role’s already filled by McLendon, who’s 3 years older. Not to mention they need to go on a big shopping spree at so many positions, and spending millions more to potentially make an incremental improvement at NT. When what we had already led to the league’s top run defense, this is as low as things get on my priority scale for 2020. 

5 hours ago, Web72 said:

No thanks. I’d rather give all the young guys ( Williams, Shepherd &Fatukasi ) the snaps

Same here.  Williams, Fatukasi, McClendon, Shepherd, Henry Anderson, Kyle Phillips.....that's a surprisingly good mix of youth, talent and experience IMO on the DLine.  It's probably the most promising unit on the whole team.  Given all the other work that needs to be done at WR, CB, OLine, OLB, etc. I really wouldn't tinker with the DLine right now unless there's something I'm missing.

8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You make it sound like he’s pushing 40. He’s 31 and NT is hardly a speed position to begin with.

I liked and still like Snacks, but the reason not to add him is because that part-time role’s already filled by McLendon, who’s 3 years older. Not to mention they need to go on a big shopping spree at so many positions, and spending millions more to potentially make an incremental improvement at NT. When what we had already led to the league’s top run defense, this is as low as things get on my priority scale for 2020. 

As I said, he's not a fit here now.  

Price tag is important here as we have a ton of more pressing needs. I could be mildly interested in this if the price were right and we had more clarity of Quinnen Williams legal situation. If he is facing serious legal jeopardy and/or league suspension then this becomes even another hole...

1 hour ago, AFerg726 said:

Price tag is important here as we have a ton of more pressing needs. I could be mildly interested in this if the price were right and we had more clarity of Quinnen Williams legal situation. If he is facing serious legal jeopardy and/or league suspension then this becomes even another hole...

Look you need a legit NT to make a 3-4 D work.  McClendon has been ok but who knows if he has anything left.  Fautakasi showed potential last year but who knows what he is and QW needs to play DE