NBA suspends the season until further notice

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

In Italy they can’t treat everyone so they are using combat triage protocol to decide who gets treatment and who doesn’t 

if you are over a certain age you are on your own

in Italy 

not really something to joke about 

Nothing you can do. I’m glad they are stepping it up here. Europe have given us a good model of what not to do and what to do. 

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

Being that I'm a Doctor who works in a hospital, I can assure you I am not.  

I have however done pretty extensive research on data as it evolves.

So what's  your tqke

Please don't  tell me this is just a political  talking point. I get that from my brother

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'm sure the draft is going to look drastically different this year.  All the obnoxious bear-hugging and slobbering is probably out..  They might do it old school style with no crowd and remote call ins with the picks. 

Also, no random, bewildered and unathletic young men in ill-fitting suits wondering why Mike Maccagnan opted to select them in the first round despite an obvious lack of talent or credentials. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Being that I'm a Doctor who works in a hospital, I can assure you I am not.  

I have however done pretty extensive research on data as it evolves.

Yep. 16,000 dead from regular flu this season in USA alone. But people still don’t want to get flu shots. Barely 100 dead from coronavirus so far in USA.

• Upvote 1

For what it’s worth, the biggest problem in Italy is that 23% of the population is over 65 years of age. They are the oldest population in the world, with the exception of China. That’s partly why they have been hit so hard by COVID-19. 

We (the UK) are likely going into lockdown tomorrow with all sports being behind closed doors. 
Despite the jokes I would strongly suggest everybody actually take care and wash their hands thoroughly and not touch their faces whilst out and about. The virus is essentially in your system for days before you get symptoms. Those that have died, die an average of 17 days after contracting it. 

It’s going to get worse in the US. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Also, no random, bewildered and unathletic young men in ill-fitting suits wondering why Mike Maccagnan opted to select them in the first round despite an obvious lack of talent or credentials. 

Best player in the league at his position...  budding superstar QB..  monster DLineman in the making...

try again Tammy.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Disagree. NBA has a great commissioner, is fair and reacts to problems the correct and thoughtful way.

All true, Silver is doing a good job. 

Just start the season on Christmas Day, and fix the Lottery so that the Knicks can become relevant. Maybe then I'll give a sh*t about watching an actual game.

Just now, 14 in Green said:

All true, Silver is doing a good job. 

Just start the season on Christmas Day, and fix the Lottery so that the Knicks can become relevant. Maybe then I'll give a sh*t about watching an actual game.

Wait, you don’t like the NBA because the Knicks suck? Wait till you hear about the Jets.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, British Jet said:

For what it’s worth, the biggest problem in Italy is that 23% of the population is over 65 years of age. They are the oldest population in the world, with the exception of China. That’s partly why they have been hit so hard by COVID-19. 

We (the UK) are likely going into lockdown tomorrow with all sports being behind closed doors. 
Despite the jokes I would strongly suggest everybody actually take care and wash their hands thoroughly and not touch their faces whilst out and about. The virus is essentially in your system for days before you get symptoms. Those that have died, die an average of 17 days after contracting it. 

It’s going to get worse in the US. 

Good luck, man

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Yep. 16,000 dead from regular flu this season in USA alone. But people still don’t want to get flu shots. Barely 100 dead from coronavirus so far in USA.

Ok, if this is no more dangerous than the flu, why did we just suspend travel from europe for 30 days, why is Italy making it mandatory  that all stores except food and pharmacies  be closed, why is there a whole town in New Rochelle quarnatined, why is the NCAA banning fans from March Madness,  why did the NBA just suspend the season  because this is just the flu, why did the CDC just declare a pandemic? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Wait, you don’t like the NBA because the Knicks suck? Wait till you hear about the Jets.

I just noticed something. Do you realize you and I are the only two people who have brought up the NBA since the OP?

Apparently nobody even cares their season had even started, much less shut down besides us...