NBA suspends the season until further notice

11 hours ago, Larz said:

In Italy they can’t treat everyone so they are using combat triage protocol to decide who gets treatment and who doesn’t 

if you are over a certain age you are on your own

in Italy 

not really something to joke about 

We've needed something like this to come along for a while now.  Forest fires are a natural process to clear out the deadwood.  Pandemics accomplish the same thing.  Put on a sweater, wash your hands, and ride it out.  

10 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

70%+ of the population will get it.  Thats not my opinion.  That is opinion of people who study these things on a daily basis.  I am not paranoid at all because of that.  I am more worried about drug shortages than anything else.  

Here's the thing; we have other experts who study this that are saying the opposite and some that say, we simply dont have enough data yet to make projections.  It's just what you choose to believe.  You believe the entire population is going to contract this thing, including yourself.  Sorry bud, I dont and I refuse to live my life that way.  

That said, you do you.  I'm not telling anyone how to react to this...to each their own.   Just sharing how I'm handling this and I'm great with disagreeing.  Hopefully I'm right.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Not only we going to have a football season , but an NFL draft.  This wuhanvirus  is lasting a couple more weeks.    So you can stop hoarding the toilet paper.

Ah yes, we were due for a Raideraholic prediction.  Looks like Earth is getting cancelled fellas.  Fun while it lasted.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Ill say it again,

World renown viral and infectious disease experts > some guy playing doctor on a jets message board.  

Besides, no one said it was the end of the world.  

“Playing doctor”

48 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I posted something about times like this and the need to own an ar15 but deleted it because its too political.

but good friends .....those that chose to exercise their 2 nd amendment rights please stock up, be safe, and never be a victim

It's easier to point a 38 at your head when your lungs are collapsing.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Here's the thing; we have other experts who study this that are saying the opposite and some that say, we simply dont have enough data yet to make projections.  It's just what you choose to believe.  You believe the entire population is going to contract this thing, including yourself.  Sorry bud, I dont and I refuse to live my life that way.  

That said, you do you.  I'm not telling anyone how to react to this...to each their own.   Just sharing how I'm handling this and I'm great with disagreeing.  Hopefully I'm right.

Take precautions. Wash your hands. Wipe down electronics. Try and avoid big crowds. This is more dangerous to the elderly and those with weaker immune systems. As said earlier the infection numbers are still way underreported so the death rate will end up dropping. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

You probably are. Its a severe flu. Older folks will die like they do every year from the flu. Then, it will go away. Thats the best case scenario and it is not far fetched

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Well put. There is no right vs wrong here. We all have to do what we feel is best for our families. We argue stuff here all day long, that's what this place is for. It's really therapeutic. What we all can agree on........however we choose to deal with this thing, EVERYONE be careful and be well. Please.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

When panic erupts, if it does of course, and the market tanks, which it may, and supplies are low, which might happen, people will resort to stealing. its really not that far fetched. Again, not too concerned about that but being prepared is always better than not being prepared. You can goof all you like but its the truth buddy

It was a joke :)

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Lol.  Live your life like what?  Not much has changed about my life.  

16 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

In all my life though I have NEVER seen anything like this. EVER. 

I can all be a huge overreaction but it is definitely concerning to say the least. So people are having stron opinions

Get used to it.

Ebola is still waiting in the wings and lots of viruses have mutated to resist antibiotics.  It’s not profitable for healthcare companies to research and create new antibiotics

oh and last I checked we weren’t exactly putting people in power who displayed things knowledge and experience 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Butterfield said:

Funny my life has seriously changed. Im stuck in school with a bunch of kids that can be infecting me.... a breeding ground for sure. I cant believe that I might not be able to spend summer in europe to see my family. Finally, looks like my passion, music festivals, will be cancelled for april and may plus I just bought a brand new RV for it. Also, my band finally got a gig at one festival in May so if that cancels there goes that pipe dream. OK, WPP i get that but still.....

yes it is affecting me 

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Take precautions. Wash your hands. Wipe down electronics. Try and avoid big crowds. This is more dangerous to the elderly and those with weaker immune systems. As said earlier the infection numbers are still way underreported so the death rate will end up dropping. 

It’s not just the elderly who can die.  Young people with morbid obesity and other comorbidities like smoking are succeptible to die

35 minutes ago, JiF said:

Walking around telling people you are convinced you're going to contract it and that they will too, sounds extremely paranoid, to say the least.  I dont know a single person that shares this sentiment. 

It's not inconceivable that 60% or the population will get it.  It's a pandemic that mutates and there is no built in immunity.  People who compare it to the flu forget that most people in the high risk group get flu shoots that mitigate symptoms, duration and even keeps people from getting it.

I'm not paranoid or scared but I do think the chances of me or a family member getting it is about 50/50.  How does that make me or anyone else paranoid?  Angela Merkel calmly told the German people yesterday that there's a chance that 2 out of every 3 people will get it.

Acceptance of what may happen isn't paranoia anymore than denial is a sign of mental health.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Get used to it.

Ebola is still waiting in the wings and lots of viruses have mutated to resist antibiotics.  It’s not profitable for healthcare companies to research and create new antibiotics

oh and last I checked we weren’t exactly putting people in power who displayed things knowledge and experience 

Sounds political. Sounds like you are not happy with our president.

Probably should delete your post. Viruses dont "mutate" to resist antibiotics. Viruses never have responded to antibiotics. Bacteria responds to antibiotics. Apples and oranges here

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

So dont worry then. Stop creating hysteria

I am not creating any hysteria.  I am just saying what the leading experts have said.  I am not even saying it is as terrible as some crazy folks are.

I am purely saying that it is not the flu, doesn’t really act like the flu, and saying that it is just another flu is misleading at best.  

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Since this thing popped, I've traveled internationally (Vancouver, 3 hours from Seattle) and I'm headed out to The Players at Noon.  Typically draws 30k+ in fans.  That's how concerned I am. 

5 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Funny my life has seriously changed. Im stuck in school with a bunch of kids that can be infecting me.... a breeding ground for sure. I cant believe that I might not be able to spend summer in europe to see my family. Finally, looks like my passion, music festivals, will be cancelled for april and may plus I just bought a brand new RV for it. Also, my band finally got a gig at one festival in May so if that cancels there goes that pipe dream. OK, WPP i get that but still.....

yes it is affecting me 

First world problems.  

12 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Without the fear that I'm guaranteed to contract this thing...

Have you always had this fear?  Because I would consider that a pretty big change in someones life.

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

It's not inconceivable that 60% or the population will get it.  It's a pandemic that mutates and there is no built in immunity.  People who compare it to the flu forget that most people in the high risk group get flu shoots that mitigate symptoms, duration and even keeps people from getting it.

I'm not paranoid or scared but I do think the chances of me or a family member getting it is about 50/50.  How does that make me or anyone else paranoid?  Angela Merkel calmly told the German people yesterday that there's a chance that 2 out of every 3 people will get it.

Acceptance of what may happen isn't paranoia anymore than denial is a sign of mental health.  

Saying you have a 50/50 chance of getting this thing vs. I'm going to contract and so are you, is a stark difference.  

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Saying you have a 50/50 chance of getting this thing vs. I'm going to contract and so are you, is a stark difference.  

Yes but you also have to recognize you're not typical.  Your immune system has been built up over years of exposure to dozens of dudes in Jacksonville.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

50/50 is a way low estimate.  Like I said, a lot of people have already had it and haven’t realized it yet.  In some areas, an unknown illness was going around since late December.  Lots of pneumonia.  Wasn’t the flu.  

Getting it and dying from it are very different things.  The real issue are the long lasting effects, which there isn’t a lot of information yet.  But the news from those who have been fighting it for months is not encouraging.  

Oh, and the fact that there might be different strains as some people are getting it more than once.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes but you also have to recognize you're not typical.  Your immune system has been built up over years of exposure to dozens of dudes in Jacksonville.

Yeah but that's STD's, this is different.  I think? 

• Haha 2