Prediction: All major sporting events will be cancelled in 2020 (Update. MLB, NHL, NASCAR suspending, MLS, NCAA, XFL, Masters cancelled).

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

NHL already talking about plans to restart.  Probably it's due to financial reasons since it sounds like the league might struggle to pay its players a full season's worth of salary without getting the actual revenue.

I’m sure they are all already planning a multitude of options to restart.  None of them want to postpone games, everyone involved is losing money.  

Throughout history, during health crisis’ like this (and they were often), quarantines and other safety measures were rolling.  Constant ebb and flow.  As things got worse, activities were shut down, then reopened after the issue slows down.  Just to restrict movement again when it ramps back up.  They know that without a vaccine, they aren’t going to be able to ever fully stop it.  They just want to slow things down for short periods so the health system can recover.  During some epidemics/pandemics, this went on for years, decades, generations, almost full lifetimes.  Hopefully the news about a possible vaccine next year is true.  Otherwise we could be dealing with these disruptions on and off for a while.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Titan24 said:

You post often w nonsense.....

Well, do I post nonsense? Or do I post worry? Help me understand me.

Help me understand what my level of worry, or you ‘being on the front lines’ has to do with making jokes about @Jetsfan80’s virginity.

Please, indulge me. That is, if you can spare a minute from all the front lining on the front lines.

31 minutes ago, genot said:

They're asking the President directly if he takes responsibility for the slow deployment of testing kits. Fauci has said time and time again that it was a problem with the way the system was set up. years before Trump became president. The article you posted basically says the same thing. If you can't figure out what the agenda is, it's probably based on your own bias.

This will be a fun post to revisit in a month when he takes credit for Pelosi’s plan to stave off working class economic collapse but ok

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

On 3/12/2020 at 12:55 PM, PCP63 said:

Normally I'd say no, that's fear-mongering, but it probably will happen. While I don't think it'll be the zombie apocalypse that the media is saying, it is rather serious, and will continue to infect people until a vaccine is developed. The problem is, even after a vaccine is created, vaccination trials themselves usually take around a year or so to be completed.

i dont think it will be quite that long. this virus is very close to the first sars virus and they were either very close to or had a vaccine for that by the time it died out. so its not like they are starting from complete scratch and they have isolated and replicated this virus already

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Come on guys.... be informative and let’s help each other.  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Tough times require us to have real helpful facts that will help our families and friends!!!?

i mean i'm sorry but this must be fake. avoid ice cream? ******* stupid

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, genot said:

They're asking the President directly if he takes responsibility for the slow deployment of testing kits. Fauci has said time and time again that it was a problem with the way the system was set up. years before Trump became president. The article you posted basically says the same thing. If you can't figure out what the agenda is, it's probably based on your own bias.

Maybe he shouldn’t have dismantled the white house’s pandemic response unit. (Without even knowing it) Even Dr Fauci criticized him for that.  Maybe then it wouldn’t have taken 1/4 of a year to react.  

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This will be a fun post to revisit in a month when he takes credit for Pelosi’s plan to stave off working class economic collapse but ok

24 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Maybe he shouldn’t have dismantled the white house’s pandemic response unit. (Without even knowing it) Even Dr Fauci criticized him for that.  Maybe then it wouldn’t have taken 1/4 of a year to react.  

It's redundancy, that wouldn't have changed anything. We already have a Pandemic response unit. The CDC. That unit was put into place by Obama to save face after the horrendous handling of Ebola. Don't pretend like that unit has been around for generations with proven success in containing pandemics.

t

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, genot said:

It's redundancy, that wouldn't have changed anything. We already have a Pandemic response unit. The CDC. That unit was put into place by Obama to save face after the horrendous handling of Ebola. Don't pretend like that unit has been around for generations with proven success in containing pandemics.

t

Yeah, that worked out well.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, genot said:

t

He’s slashing CDC funding, too. But that’s cool. Everything’s cool. Everything is redundant. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Yeah, that worked out well.

It is working out well, so far. Get back to me when the health crisis starts. The only crisis now is an economic one because of the containment policies that have been put in place. which, of course are necessary.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, genot said:

It is working out well, so far. Get back to me when the health crisis starts. The only crisis now is an economic one because of the containment policies that have been put in place. which, of course are necessary.

Lol.  Its like you have no knowledge of what is going on.  Sorry, you just want a yes man.  You just want to hear what you want to hear.  We will have to agree to disagree. 

4 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Lol.  Its like you have no knowledge of what is going on.  Sorry, you just want a yes man.  You just want to hear what you want to hear.  We will have to agree to disagree. 

Are the hospitals overflowing with coronavirus patients. No. We have 2000 people infected with the virus. That number will go up. How much, nobody knows. When there's that enourmous spike upwards in cases, that causes hospitals to be stressed beyond their capacity to deal with it. Then i'll call it what it is. a health care crisis. We're 3  weeks behind what China was dealing with this. The situation there has improved drastically. life in many parts of the country are returning to normal. Sorry for that piece of bad new's, but it's the truth.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, genot said:

Are the hospitals overflowing with coronavirus patients. No. We have 2000 people infected with the virus. That number will go up. How much, nobody knows. When there's that enourmous spike upwards in cases, that causes hospitals to be stressed beyond their capacity to deal with it. Then i'll call it what it is. a health care crisis. We're 3  weeks behind what China was dealing with this. The situation there has improved drastically. life in many parts of the country are returning to normal. Sorry for that piece of bad new's, but it's the truth.

That actually isn’t the truth.  You are just repeating what you have heard as a partisan parrot.  Congrats.  

1 minute ago, genot said:

Correct. Proposed budget cuts are the start of negotiations. It's all a chess game.

Yeah, lets propose cuts to everything?  Negotiate?  Its almost like you have no experience in government.  Lets find better people, people that don’t play games.

4 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Yeah, lets propose cuts to everything?  Negotiate?  Its almost like you have no experience in government.  Lets find better people, people that don’t play games.

Everyone lives on a budget. This isn't a political party issue. No experience in government. Negotiations on fiscal year budgets have been going on, and argued about since this country's inception. Nobody likes their budget cut.

I am not going to make this political if I can, but the last 2 appearances during national crisis looked and sounded less than presidential. That is strictly my opinion and I respect others may have a different feel.

It was a good move to partner with the retailers and lab companies that the administration did, and that has given me some hope that they are now being more expedient here.

• Upvote 1

Just now, genot said:

Everyone lives on a budget. This isn't a political party issue. No experience in government. Negotiations on fiscal year budgets have been going on, and argued about since this country's inception. Nobody likes their budget cut.

Sorry, after rereading the thread, and looking at your posts, there is no reason to continue our conversation.  We will have to agree to disagree on everything.  

2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Sorry, after rereading the thread, and looking at your posts, there is no reason to continue our conversation.  We will have to agree to disagree on everything.  

15 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

That actually isn’t the truth.  You are just repeating what you have heard as a partisan parrot.  Congrats.  

I'm getting this information from MSNBC. The Trump loving network. Lol.

Just now, genot said:

I'm getting this information from MSNBC. The Trump loving network. Lol.

Let it go.  We aren’t going to agree. 

BTW, why are you relying on MSNBC for this type of news?  Look into medical news sources from around the world.  They have far more accurate and up to date information.  

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s slashing CDC funding, too. But that’s cool. Everything’s cool. Everything is redundant. 

I mean, if you think about it, there’s no need for anything, and all things can be explained away, and at worst ... what about-ism.

1 minute ago, Butterfield said:

Let it go.  We aren’t going to agree. 

BTW, why are you relying on MSNBC for this type of news?  Look into medical news sources from around the world.  They have far more accurate and up to date information.  

I know we aren't going to agree. MSNBC hopefully can get their numbers right as to how many are affected, and what hospitals in this country are filled to capacity. which is my barometer as whether to call this a health crisis.