Prediction: All major sporting events will be cancelled in 2020 (Update. MLB, NHL, NASCAR suspending, MLS, NCAA, XFL, Masters cancelled).

3 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

??‍♂️ The CDC is being muffled by the White House. And the pandemic agency should have NEVER been liquidated. Look how long it’s taken them to get the right people to provide the right info out. And even then, these imbeciles continue to contradict and spread inaccurate falsehoods. It’s a pathetic song and dance. 

Your political bias is getting in the way here Wonderboy. Anthony Fauci has been working with the White house since day one. Sometimes the smartest people, can't provide immediate answers to these issues. The china travel ban happened very quickly. all these decisions come with tough economic consequences.

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

Duh I know, not guess, who the Jets will be drafting - a safety who can’t cover, a DL that can’t make a sack,  a kicker who can’t make a FG outside of 40 yards, a midget LB that gets pushed around by a slot WR, and a cb who couldn’t cover a pot. 

Glass is half full. Not half empty.

30 minutes ago, genot said:

Question. Based upon what you now about how the virus, and how it's is progressing in China and other countries, do you think it was responsible for anyone to be talking about up to 150 million people being affected by this virus in this country.

You take containment measures. You inform people about social separation, and proper hygiene. What you don't do, is forecast how many will be affected, when theirs no basis in fact for that forecast. That's my position. It has been, since day one.

I think I’m a creative director, not a doctor.

I think lots of people say lots of things all day, every day. Especially on the internet.

I think people need to discern for themselves what to take away from those statements. 

I don’t think there’s any point in arguing on the internet, because people don’t want new information, they want the chance to rationalize the information they’ve already accepted and identified with.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, genot said:

Your political bias is getting in the way here Wonderboy. Anthony Fauci has been working with the White house since day one. Sometimes the smartest people, can't provide immediate answers to these issues. The china travel ban happened very quickly. all these decisions come with tough economic consequences.

Bull. That’s why they’re making the decision to NOT make tests available to people. This administration can’t possibly be this stupid. It’s an organized well thought out decision to keep the numbers down through lack of proven stats. If the real stats came out, and that’s only possible through testing, this economy would go into a full dive and guess who looks like the fool he actually is. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, section314 said:

I agree, but there was one huge difference yesterday. I spent my career on Wall St. on trading desks, so I watched these two conferences on CNBC to see the market reaction. Unfortunately, it was something we all became very familiar with during the financial crisis, with TV's between each of our desks. Wednesday was a huge down day, and the futures were way lower after the close, but rallied to only down 70 pts right before the President spoke at 9PM. Obviously, it was based on hope that he may propose a bunch of things that would calm nerves, and give us confidence that we were on the way to attacking this thing. After about 5 minutes, they started pounding the futures again, to down about 500 pts when he was finished. It was obviously not a good performance, and inspired nothing that we needed to see.

When he began yesterday, the market was up 900 pts. After 2-3 minutes, they sold the market off about 350 pts, and I, and many others were thinking "here they go again." Thankfully, he then turned it over to the female doctor, who is spearheading a huge part of the response. This was the major difference maker that wasn't present on Wednesday. She actually explained what steps are being taken, on many different levels, and basically gave an aura of competence, professionalism and the idea that we finally may have our sh*t together. We all saw the way the market reacted.

This isn't to say that the market is all wise, but to underscore what a huge difference it makes when you actually let good people, who know what they're doing, get out in front and do it. I just hope that this is the beginning of a huge change in philosophy, that it's ok to have competent people around to do what they are good at. We should all hope for that.

I watched exactly what you watched yesterday, in real time. It was almost surreal. Watching a president speak, and the market, seemingly reacting in real time.

As it dipped about 350 points, even after the stimulus package was announced, it looked and felt dire.

Then they actually recovered and introducing the leadership and announcing the plans, it almost felt like we were turning a corner. Hopefully, we are.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I watched exactly what you watched yesterday, in real time. It was almost surreal. Watching a president speak, and the market, seemingly reacting in real time.

As it dipped about 350 points, even after the stimulus package was announced, it looked and felt dire.

Then they actually recovered and introducing the leadership and announcing the plans, it almost felt like we were turning a corner. Hopefully, we are.

Totally agree. Time for petty rivalries, politics etc to be over, and let adults formulate good, sound, cohesive policy to kick the crap out of this thing.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

So you admit that the media is not showing bias when they point out that as of February 25, South Korea had tested 30,000 people for the virus, the UK had tested 7,000, and the US had tested 445.  Thank you, because up to now, it seems your side has been saying that we can't trust anything we read in the normal media, and now we know we can.

The article I posted does not say the president has no responsibility for the tests not being available.  Here is the relevant part of the article-let the reader decide: 

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/02/why-has-the-us-cdc-done-so-little-coronavirus-testing.html

A faulty test developed after budget and staffing cuts at the agency developing it, while simultaneously the president's hand-picked man in charge is denying the tests are even faulty.  Meanwhile, other countries are testing like crazy with their own effective kits which we won't buy, and testing is absolutely necessary in developing a strategy to hold the spread of the disease down until a treatment and/or vaccine is developed, which won't happen this year.

Am I being biased when I feel this adds up to mismanagement?

Yes. Because your ignoring what Fauci has said about what the problem was. A system put into place years ago, wasn't designed to deal with the amount of testing kit's that we're needed to distribute around the country. A bunch of regulatory language had to be changed, communication with the testing agencies had to happen, to explain the changes. If it's anyone's fault, it's the CDC, for not talking about the flaws in the system years ago. Maybe they we're a little slow in changing things up. Blaming the President for a shortage in available testing kit's is a little harsh. And the repeated questioning about it, when the answer[true or not], was given a few weeks ago, is a way for the media to get people to do the blame game thing.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

acknowledging the behavior of a group I’m part of was difficult, at first

Was talking to a Crutchfield rep on phone from VA few weeks ago. Hes white. He’s moving to Grenada. Totally fed up with this country. He said I’m embarrassed to be a white man. Quite telling. 

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think I’m a creative director, not a doctor.

I think lots of people say lots of things all day, every day. Especially on the internet.

I think people need to discern for themselves what to take away from those statements. 

I don’t think there’s any point in arguing on the internet, because people don’t want new information, they want the chance to rationalize the information they’ve already accepted and identified with.

Yea. If Snoop Doggy Dog say's this about the virus, you consider the source. When a senate physician say's something about the virus, and it's reported by major news outlets, you consider the source, and take it far more seriously.

4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Was talking to a Crutchfield rep on phone from VA few weeks ago. Hes white. He’s moving to Grenada. Totally fed up with this country. He said I’m embarrassed to be a white man. Quite telling. 

quite telling? that your buddy is soaking in all this anti - white propaganda flooding this nation, just like self hating integrity?

3 minutes ago, genot said:

Yea. If Snoop Doggy Dog say's this about the virus, you consider the source. When a senate physician say's something about the virus, and it's reported by major news outlets, you consider the source, and take it far more seriously.

Under the sentence that you bolded. Where it says people need to ‘discern for themselves’. You are discerning for others. That approach will always be rejected by some. It’s human nature.

Im not weighing in on right or wrong. I’m talking about influencing vs. what you’re doing.

2 hours ago, genot said:

What the hell is the difference in that, than some Senate doctor stating 150 million people here could be infected. Which was my original beef, and why i started posting about this.

5 minutes ago, genot said:

Unless, of course, that source uses methods you don’t understand or believe in?

6 minutes ago, ylekram said:

quite telling? that your buddy is soaking in all this anti - white propaganda flooding this nation, just like self hating integrity?

How can a white guy be anti-white? He’s anti idiocy. And the propaganda you pose is being propagated by the very ones flooding the nation with racist, criminalizing policies. Thus, it’s a reflection how imbecilic the majority Of this country is. And embarrassing.

10 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

That’s weird.

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

Self-hating? I think you’re grossly misreading my post. I don’t hate myself. I hate that I’m part of a generation of men that are so insecure and stupid that they turn any form if criticism of their general behavior into “anti-white propaganda”. It’s ******* soft baby bullsh*t. I dint apologize for being white. I don’t have white guilt. I have a problem with white men trying to out-stupid themselves as retaliation for the littlest bit of scrutiny.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

How can a white guy be anti-white? He’s anti idiocy. And the propaganda you pose is being propagated by the very ones flooding the nation with racist, criminalizing policies. Thus, it’s a reflection how imbecilic the majority Of this country is. And embarrassing.

Let’s shoehorn my political hot fire takes to get the thread closed. Thanks bro.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Under the sentence that you bolded. Where it says people need to ‘discern for themselves’. You are discerning for others. That approach will always be rejected by some. It’s human nature.

Im not weighing in on right or wrong. I’m talking about influencing vs. what you’re doing.

I hear you.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

That’s weird.

Self-hating? I think you’re grossly misreading my post. I don’t hate myself. I hate that I’m part of a generation of men that are so insecure and stupid that they turn any form if criticism of their general behavior into “anti-white propaganda”. It’s ******* soft baby bullsh*t. I dint apologize for being white. I don’t have white guilt. I have a problem with white men trying to out-stupid themselves as retaliation for the littlest bit of scrutiny.

your so full of sh*t. an entire generation of a demographic needs criticism? your worse than I thought

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Let’s shoehorn my political hot fire takes to get the thread closed. Thanks bro.

Thread should have been closed a couple days ago, to be fair. It’s not as it it’s a thread full of ‘helping the community’ content.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

anti white is anti idiocy now. you cant see the problem with this? then you are consumed by the propaganda that you don't even see

Just now, ylekram said:

your so full of sh*t. an entire generation of a demographic needs criticism? your worse than I thought

I didn’t say ‘needs’. I said they are getting criticized and reacting like soft babies.

You can choose to read what I wrote, and respond in kind. Or fire veiled personal attacks because JUST LIKE I SAID white dudes can’t handle criticism. Honestly, you’re proving my point.

Its cool tho - here’s a gif for you:

rabbit chilling GIF

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Thread should have been closed a couple days ago, to be fair. It’s not as it it’s a thread full of ‘helping the community’ content.

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's starting to head off the tracks. That's for sure. Good to keep the thread open, come all back in a week. Two weeks. We'll know so much more at that time.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I didn’t say ‘needs’. I said they are getting criticized and reacting like soft babies.

You can choose to read what I wrote, and respond in kind. Or fire veiled personal attacks because JUST LIKE I SAID white dudes can’t handle criticism. Honestly, you’re proving my point.

rabbit chilling GIF

the point is your ok with an entire demographic being criticized and if you belong to that demographic and are not ok for being criticized,for something you didn't do, then you are a soft baby. no, my friend. you are prov

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

rabbit chilling GIF

white dudes cant handle criticism for merely being white? no my friend, you are proving my point

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, ylekram said:

anti white is anti idiocy now. you cant see the problem with this? then you are consumed by the propaganda that you don't even see

Not generalizing any race. I myself am Hispanic AND 20% white. Not that I hate that 20% of myself. I do however don’t hate anyone. But I do disfavor those who are in positions of power that have turned the clock back to a medieval mentality. And take an educated guess who those are.