Prediction: All major sporting events will be cancelled in 2020 (Update. MLB, NHL, NASCAR suspending, MLS, NCAA, XFL, Masters cancelled).

4 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I respectfully disagree. The # of people with this as a % of the US population is miniscule.

It's not ebola. It's a bad case of the flu. In addition to "reporting the facts", the mainstream media thrives on a good crisis and is fueling the flames causing a panic.

Worldwide? Italy, Shut down over this... Although it is a bad case of the Flu as you put it but so was SARS and Swine flu and last I heard 41 Million people got the swine flu in the US and now its considered a common strand of the flu. 

Although some media is overblowing the situation, the rapid rate at which it is being contracted is not a joke and any way to slow down the spread while hospitals and health care providers can catch up is extremely helpful as they are going to be overwhelmed in the next few weeks/ months with sick individuals.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The numbers are low bc they dont have enough tests to test people. South Korea is testing 15,000 people per day, China is testing 60,000 people per day. Both have drive thru test locations for the coronavirus. I dont want to get political so do a google search of why the US currently only has 75,000 tests available for the entire country. 

They already know a lot more people have it then are being reported (they just don't know it), but the symptoms for the majority are minimal. No different than the flu or a bad cold.

With spring allergy season around the corner, everyone who is stuffy and congested will now run to a hospital to get tested for Corona.

It's getting way too crazy.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Worldwide? Italy, Shut down over this... Although it is a bad case of the Flu as you put it but so was SARS and Swine flu and last I heard 41 Million people got the swine flu in the US and now its considered a common strand of the flu. 

Although some media is overblowing the situation, the rapid rate at which it is being contracted is not a joke and any way to slow down the spread while hospitals and health care providers can catch up is extremely helpful as they are going to be overwhelmed in the next few weeks/ months with sick individuals.

I remember the swine flu event (vaguely..I was young). Nowhere near this hysteria.

2 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

Yep, this is not something to take lightly. It's interesting because either people don't give a sh*t about this situation, or are in full blow panic over it, there seems to be little middle ground. Not surprising though, people tend to never learn anything from mistakes made throughout history.

If we/they can get ahead of it by isolating and quarantining the sick then it won't be a huge issue. People need to stick to the thought process of keeping away from crowds for a bit. The swine flu can teach us a lot in this instance and that is where people should be looking.

6 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

They already know a lot more people have it then are being reported (they just don't know it), but the symptoms for the majority are minimal. No different than the flu or a bad cold.

With spring allergy season around the corner, everyone who is stuffy and congested will now run to a hospital to get tested for Corona.

It's getting way too crazy.

Those with existing respiratory problems are at a huge risk. (Me) 

I'm not taking many chances with this.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

For those with compromised immune systems.  

Guess who dies from the flu? And a compromised immune system can be a 10 year old kid with type1 diabetes.  Or a 30 year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. You are wrong if you think this will just kill people 70+. If you're going to have an opinion at least be informed.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Guess who dies from the flu? And a compromised immune system can be a 10 year old kid with type1 diabetes.  Or a 30 year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. You are wrong if you think this will just kill people 70+. If you're going to have an opinion at least be informed.

I'm a dialysis patient who has a compromised immune system.  My son, @Mogglez along with one of my other sons, work in a hospital.  I'm more than casually aware of who's at risk.  

I never once even mentioned 70+ year olds.  I'm wrong about nothing for saying mortality rates are an issue for those of us with compromised immune systems 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

For those with compromised immune systems.  

Do you even understand what this means? I’d guess not, as usual. Just today’s phrase for the ‘I know better’ crowd, I suppose.

Heh. Edit: just saw your follow-up. Which makes it even stranger.

52 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I respectfully disagree. The # of people with this as a % of the US population is miniscule.

It's not ebola. It's a bad case of the flu. In addition to "reporting the facts", the mainstream media thrives on a good crisis and is fueling the flames causing a panic.

I don’t disagree that the media never helps, but neither do gross generalizations.  This is nothing like the flu.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

what the hell am i supposed to watch? 

Have a Chuck Norris weekend.  I do that sometimes.  Avoid The Delta Force because that's just pure garbage.   But Lone Wolf McQuad, Invasion USA, Firestarter.... absolute American trash classics.  Just add on a Patrick Swayze's Next of Kin and Roadhouse to that and the hours will just fly by!

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Do you even understand what this means? I’d guess not, as usual. Just today’s phrase for the ‘I know better’ crowd, I suppose.

Heh. Edit: just saw your follow-up. Which makes it even stranger.

Yeah, I'm the one who has no idea of what I'm talking about.  

But hey, you know better.  While I live it

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm a dialysis patient who has a compromised immune system.  My son, @Mogglez along with one of my other sons, work in a hospital.  I'm more than casually aware of who's at risk.  

I never once even mentioned 70+ year olds.  I'm wrong about nothing for saying mortality rates are an issue for those of us with compromised immune systems 

Cringeworthy as all your football takes may be, I wish you good health, Nut.  Stay safe.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, I'm the one who has no idea of what I'm talking about.  

But hey, you know better.  While I live it

Do you not realize how your first post came across? Easily lumps you in with those making the argument. Don’t blame others for your atrocious communication skills... and be well, you crotchety old jerk face!

41 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Boy.  We sure did pick a wonderful time to have health care costs twice as high as the OECD average.  @#@#$ morons.

Guess who just lost his health insurance a week ago. ME! I love this country. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Do you not realize how your first post came across? Easily lumps you in with those making the argument. Don’t blame others for your atrocious communication skills... and be well, you crotchety old jerk face!

I said that those who need to worry are those with compromised immune systems.

Don't know how that came off in any way other than what it was meant to say, I wasn't trying to make an argument.

Atrocious communication skills or comprehension skills of one crotchety old jerk face to another?  I'm hoping this crotchety old jerk face is on the same page as other crotchety old jerk face people here and don't take this so lightly.  Until all is known, tread carefully all

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Have a Chuck Norris weekend.  I do that sometimes.  Avoid The Delta Force because that's just pure garbage.   But Lone Wolf McQuad, Invasion USA, Firestarter.... absolute American trash classics.  Just add on a Patrick Swayze's Next of Kin and Roadhouse to that and the hours will just fly by!

1.  You are totally wrong on Delta Force

2. In the Swayze lineage, Red Dawn > Next of Kin

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Although this virus is nothing like how it is being portrayed by some, it does suck. I wish chuck Norris could take care of it for us.

89776639_3309531312409240_3899229589167144960_o.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

1.  You are totally wrong on Delta Force

2. In the Swayze lineage, Red Dawn > Next of Kin

Sorry my bad.  Was thinking of another movie. 

Also, I agree with you on Red Dawn.  But I don't consider that a Swayze film.  That was an ensemble cast.  Gotta give Powers Booth, Charlie Sheen and Jennifer Grey their due.  Besides the way Jennifer goes out sticks with me too this day.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Although this virus is nothing like how it is being portrayed by some, it does suck. I wish chuck Norris could take care of it for us.

89776639_3309531312409240_3899229589167144960_o.jpg

Single greatest ending to any movie I ever saw in my childhood.  Better than Star Wars.

1 hour ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I guess I shouldn't have watched the Stand last night....

My wife put Outbreak on...with Dustin Hoffman.  My personal fave is 12 Monkeys with Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt.  Scary to watch those now.....life imitating art to some degree.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

My wife put Outbreak on...with Dustin Hoffman.  My personal fave is 12 Monkeys with Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt.  Scary to watch those now.....life imitating art to some degree.

Seriously?  Like putting on War Games after finding out some moron dropped a ball bearing into NORAD's defense computer and started WWIII.