Prediction: All major sporting events will be cancelled in 2020 (Update. MLB, NHL, NASCAR suspending, MLS, NCAA, XFL, Masters cancelled).

So, I am very pissed about the cancellation of March Madness.  All events are being cancelled where large groups of people are together.  Soo, fast forward a year.  Should we get back to normal, nooooo we must keep these safeguards in place to protect our country.  Let's call it the TSA on Steroids.  No more concerts, sporting events, plays, etc.... all in the name of safety.

Are we better off in this scenario?  It is a slippery slope.  Once an stupid idea gets it's foot in the door, it is hard to get rid of it.  Should we be cautious? yes.  Should we be doing what is happening now? hell no

Just my two cents.

Mostly its March Madness, and I feel bad for kids like this from a Gonzaga player:

Graduate transfer senior point guard Ryan Woolridge :

So you telling me I transferred to not play in the tournament ?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

Ryan can get a head start on his career of being an extremely unpopular, narcissistic UPS driver.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

So, I am very pissed about the cancellation of March Madness.  All events are being cancelled where large groups of people are together.  Soo, fast forward a year.  Should we get back to normal, nooooo we must keep these safeguards in place to protect our country.  Let's call it the TSA on Steroids.  No more concerts, sporting events, plays, etc.... all in the name of safety.

Are we better off in this scenario?  It is a slippery slope.  Once an stupid idea gets it's foot in the door, it is hard to get rid of it.  Should we be cautious? yes.  Should we be doing what is happening now? hell no

Just my two cents.

Mostly its March Madness, and I feel bad for kids like this from a Gonzaga player:

To be fair, if the NCAA played the tournament and this kid caught COVID from another player, his parents would have sued the NCAA for millions

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

Just my two cents.

First world problems.  People are spoiled.

They aren’t doing it to stop the illness.  They are doing it to slow it down so the health care system can keep up.  

It is amazing how people don’t realize how easy they have had it, that throughout most of human history, people weren’t able to do most of those things anyway.  

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Yeah look it up. Not outrageous at all.

These are the FACTS: Dr. Anthony Fauci said today.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, discussed COVID-19 and its spread in the United States.

With some from China suggesting the coronavirus was a weapon devised by the U.S. military and deployed in Wuhan and Democrats claiming that saying the disease originated in China is xenophobic, Fauci said “there’s no doubt” it came from China.

“It absolutely came from Wuhan,” Fauci stated. “There’s no doubt about that.”

5 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Yes.  Plenty.  Basically what happened is in an open air market, someone asked for an animal to be slaughtered, the animal had the disease, as it was being chopped up, some of the diseased tissue became aerosolized, was breathed in, imbedded in human tissue and took hold.  That probably happens often.  But, in this instance, the virus was able to replicate and evolved, so that it was able to be passed human to human.

That happened in China, two miles from their level four bio lab. Not in the US as the poster claimed.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Both political parties are crap.  The cure is worse than the disease is all I am saying in this instance.  Only the rich can afford to shut it down and wait it out, however I clock in everyday until we get shut down due to a load of hyperbole spit out by chicken littles.   Fact is no one has a clue how to deal with it and it really is just another form of the flu.

That last sentence is not a fact. In fact, it couldn't be further from the truth.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

This virus really showing Americans true colors. God forbid you work hours where u can’t just go to the store and get supplies. You’re literally assed out because people are so damn excessive. This entire country is extremely gluttonous ??‍♂️

8 minutes ago, King P said:

This virus really showing Americans true colors. God forbid you work hours where u can’t just go to the store and get supplies. You’re literally assed out because people are so damn excessive. This entire country is extremely gluttonous ??‍♂️

24 hour walmarts everywhere

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, King P said:

People are filth......it’s sad but true 

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My work just asked us to work remotely thru Mar 31.  Which would have been great for NCAA Tournament watching purposes.  Damn.  

You like literally just got your cherry popped in your late 30’s and the first thing you think of when told you can WFH is watching tv?

Ive been with my wife 20 years, and we already gave mid-day sexy time strategy figured out. Pandemic? More like Bang-during-lunchtime-Demic... amiright???

Wtf is wrong with you?

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, King P said:

No personal attacks please. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You like literally just got your cherry popped in your late 30’s and the first thing you think of when told you can WFH is watching tv?

Ive been with my wife 20 years, and we already gave mid-day sexy time strategy figured out. Pandemic? More like Bang-during-lunchtime-Demic... amiright???

Wtf is wrong with you?

Prime mating? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Wtf is wrong with you?

You seem like a worrier and that’s fine.  Live your life.  I’m one on front lines and have family members in high risk.     I’ve been a big fan of your posts but gimme a break 

3 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

You seem like a worrier and that’s fine.  Live your life.  I’m one on front lines and have family members in high risk.     I’ve been a big fan of your posts but gimme a break 

lol wut?

17 hours ago, Ken Schroy said:

People saying the media doesn't have an agenda is being blind.

Please tell me what "agenda" the media is pursuing when they point out that as of February 25, South Korea had tested 30,000 people for the virus, the UK had tested 7,000, and the US had tested 445?

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/02/why-has-the-us-cdc-done-so-little-coronavirus-testing.html

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

17 hours ago, choon328 said:

People who just shrug this off and say, "It's no big deal bc only the people with compromised immune systems and the elderly are the ones at risk" are terrible people. Those are peoples kids, parents and grandparents that could potentially die. I pray all of you who say that are affected by this in someway. Maybe then you won't be so ******* ignorant.

I don't disagree that people should take this seriously and not shrug this off.  However to actually wish (or pray as you stated) that people are negatively impacted by this regardless of how they feel today is quite the statement.   This coming from one of those high risk individuals you are referring to.

10 hours ago, King P said:

8 hours ago, The Crusher said:

No personal attacks please. 

LMAO!  I don't think I say this enough but I appreciate you, Crusher!  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1