Jets Pulling Coaches and Scouts from Road

1 minute ago, PCP63 said:

Ehh, I don't like it. COVID-19 has shown zero signs of being airborne. It appears to be droplet. As such, some very basic precautions should suffice for these guys. Send them back out, and keep scouting.

Nobody wants to get sick, regardless. Just because the virus doesn’t have a high fatality rate doesn’t mean our scouts want to contract it.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Nobody wants to get sick, regardless. Just because the virus doesn’t have a high fatality rate doesn’t mean our scouts want to contract it.

Unless they plan on sitting on close-quarters with a bunch of people coughing/sneezing, basic precautions should get them by, like washing their hands, wearing masks, and not touching their faces. 

• Thumb Down 4
  • Haha 1

it is so ridiculous how people react to this virus. Its all hysteria and overblown. They are banning public meetings, NBA attendance etc all for nothing.

People are so gullible - now this. Our Scouts staying home. Its ****ign terrible.

Thankfully in a few weeks it will run its course and be over with.

• Thumb Down 10
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Schools are starting to send students home.  Pro days will likely be cancelled. Not sure what they could really accomplish being on the road anyway...

My girlfriend is a teacher in the Allentown area and she only had 7 of a possible 20 kids  in her classroom today.

They closed the school district down around 11AM today.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Ehh, I don't like it. COVID-19 has shown zero signs of being airborne. It appears to be droplet. As such, some very basic precautions should suffice for these guys. Send them back out, and keep scouting.

That’s not true. Listen to the video posted by an infectious expert who states it is airbourne as well. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You think teams are going to be private jetting low-level scouts and position coaches back and forth across the country?  I don't think you understand how ridiculous that would be.

Maybe. But if they really care about scouting out the best players, they'll do what needs to be done.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Maybe. But if they really care about scouting out the best players, they'll do what needs to be done.

Yes, let's send our low - level $30k a year scouts and position coaches back and forth across the country in private jets so that they can go to cancelled pro days at schools that have enacted mobile learning.  Sensible plan.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

So how flat *is* the Earth?

You can can try to insult me whatever. doesn't change how stupid people are for over reacting to all this BS media coverage or the irony of how you based on hysteria are calling me the flat earther. 

Edited by BornJetsFan1983
that really wasnt a nice thing to say i deleted it. my bad max
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Kristian-Dyer.jpg

Kristian Dyer of SI is reporting that the Jets have pulled their scouts off the road due to fears of the spreading Coronavirus.

Coronavirus Update: New York Jets pull all scouts, personnel off the road https://t.co/LBmogqJ1Ao via @SI_JetsMaven

— Kristian Dyer (@KristianRDyer) March 12, 2020

This is a bold move with the NFL draft just around the corner, but given the developing situation, it makes a great deal of sense.  You can read Dyer’s full story here.

The post Kristian Dyer: Jets Pull Scouts off Road due to Coronavirus appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
PIofZMp7rgA

Click here to read the full story...

1 hour ago, PCP63 said:

Most scouts are in the high risk category and are vulnerable. And it's unnecessary to have these guys scout any longer. They have enough info to be able to make informed decisions come draft day.

at this pont its really just pro days, they've done all the scouting they can do.. I'd imagine most pro days will be postponed until the spread dies down a little so the scouts wont have much to observe anyway. 

Gives them time to break down more film, and make phone calls to talk to people about prospects.. I'd be more concerned if this was before the combine and towards the middle/end of the college season when they were still trying to get some in person looks. 

i think something a lot of us are not taking into account is that some of the players in these different sports could fall into the vulnerable category. Intense training, and putting intense stress on your body through high level sports can lower your Immune system, or make it harder to fight off certain bugs .it doesn't mean they are vulnerable from the sense of dropping dead from it, but they could be prime candidates to get it, which would have Impossible affects on their teams and families. Its really sad but I'm hoping this aggressive action now will make it more possible for us to have a nfl season as the time comes. i do hope that the virus spread stops on its own from warmer weather just like most virus bugs stop around the beginning of spring time