Mock yesterday on "Moving the Chains"

section314

Jim and Pat did their first one yesterday, and it would be a dream scenario for us. Top was all chalk. The 1st OT off the board was #10 to Browns, Becton. At #11, we took Thomas. Wirfs went #14 to Tampa, and Wills #18 to Miami. On top of that, 1st wr wasn't till Raiders 2nd pick(Ruggs) and Lamb, Jeudy and Higgins all went later. Jones was 5th OT taken really late . Interesting, to say the least.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, section314 said:

The 1st OT off the board was #10 to Browns, Becton. At #11, we took Thomas. Wirfs went #14 to Tampa, and Wills #18 to Miami.

That is exactly how I have the OT's ranked.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, section314 said:

What I thought was really interesting is that the OT's lasted as long as they did, and the WR's even longer.

Can't see it happening when the real draft rolls around.

• Upvote 2

On 3/14/2020 at 8:30 AM, jetsons said:

I would have preferred for the Jets Wills / Wirfs / Thomas / Becton... in that order.

I'm sure we all have a slightly different mix.  The key for me is having the most available guys....hopefully at least 2 of the above, and allowing Joe Douglas and his scouting team to make the smart choice.  I'd really, really love to see how HE has those guys ordered though.

• Upvote 1

On 3/14/2020 at 7:10 AM, section314 said:

Jim and Pat did their first one yesterday, and it would be a dream scenario for us. Top was all chalk. The 1st OT off the board was #10 to Browns, Becton. At #11, we took Thomas. Wirfs went #14 to Tampa, and Wills #18 to Miami. On top of that, 1st wr wasn't till Raiders 2nd pick(Ruggs) and Lamb, Jeudy and Higgins all went later. Jones was 5th OT taken really late . Interesting, to say the least.

Kirwan and Miller believe in selecting the biggest differential at a position first not necessarily BPA and definitely value defense in the draft over offense. So they will always select the top lineman in a less deep group over the top position player in a deep group.

• Upvote 1

On 3/14/2020 at 10:10 AM, section314 said:

Damn. I have been missing their show lately. This is my favorite time of year with them.  This is a great draft but they have a lot of fun and I don't think it's realistic. I'm gonna rewind that show and take a listen. Any possibility of you recalling the top 9 picks before Cleveland? 

On 3/16/2020 at 12:57 AM, jetstream23 said:

I'm sure we all have a slightly different mix.  The key for me is having the most available guys....hopefully at least 2 of the above, and allowing Joe Douglas and his scouting team to make the smart choice.  I'd really, really love to see how HE has those guys ordered though.

I agree man.

There should be some sort of contest where a Jets fan gets to come in and see the board and process. I would do everything I could to win that one. hahaha

• Upvote 1