Robby just lost a little leverage

13 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Within the new CBA, teams cannot use the Franchise and Transition tags in the same year. Meaning, the Cowboys cannot tag both Prescott and Cooper this year. One would expect Prescott to get the Tag, unless there is rapid negotiations.

Teams only have till midnight to tag guys, right? Unless there are some sort of delays?

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

And no one believes he will get that.  It's called negotiating.  

Okay so lets say its true that NO JET FANS thought Robby was a #1 WR. Then, we had Herndon suspended, plus Quincy was injured. Then Sam played the 1st game with Mono, and we ALL AGREE that the Oline was an unmitigated DISASTER. So my question would be, knowing all these things how is it possible that we have so many Jet fans here blaming Adam Gase for his offensive ranking? So unless Adam Gase is a freaking MIRACLE worker, just how was he supposed to raise this Jets offensive ship when it was grounded in Pluff Mud? 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I think Robby lost leverage competing with 55 WRs entering this years draft & the depth all the way through 4 rounds. Robby was a UDFA, they'll be a few more diamonds in the rough. 

Robby is NOT a #1 WR. He'll get paid well but he'll get #2 money. Thats what he is & he'll still be one rich Mofo compared to you & I for being born with great speed regardless of his SAT score or his nonsensical tweets for that matter. Maybe we can sign him & land a stud in the draft with our #2?

Robby will be someone else's Tru Johnson. Overpaid, and horribly under producing. His best option is to stay here for what he's actually worth. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

31 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I think Robby lost leverage competing with 55 WRs entering this years draft & the depth all the way through 4 rounds. Robby was a UDFA, they'll be a few more diamonds in the rough. 

Robby is NOT a #1 WR. He'll get paid well but he'll get #2 money. Thats what he is & he'll still be one rich Mofo compared to you & I for being born with great speed regardless of his SAT score or his nonsensical tweets for that matter. Maybe we can sign him & land a stud in the draft with our #2?

Plus the extra 8M we will have from spreading TJ's cap hit after he is cut could give us some more for signing Robby.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

How dare they negotiate for the best terms they can get! Shame!! Shame!!

LOL

No ones saying they shouldn’t negotiate, but let’s be realistic here, these guys are throwing out #s like 15 million? GTFOOH! 

8 hours ago, TNJet said:

Robby will be someone else's Tru Johnson. Overpaid, and horribly under producing. His best option is to stay here for what he's actually worth. 

His best option?  Turn down an extra $20 million guaranteed to stay with the jets?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

No ones saying they shouldn’t negotiate, but let’s be realistic here, these guys are throwing out #s like 15 million? GTFOOH! 

OT Anthony Costanzo from Indy just got $16.5M per year.  Does anyone think that Robby is a better WR than Costanzo is an OT?  I don't.  And, I also think OTs should be paid more than WRs.  With a WR-loaded Draft approaching I'm starting to think Robby ends up with something like a $12-13M per year deal.  JMHO.

8 hours ago, Jetster said:

Okay so lets say its true that NO JET FANS thought Robby was a #1 WR. Then, we had Herndon suspended, plus Quincy was injured. Then Sam played the 1st game with Mono, and we ALL AGREE that the Oline was an unmitigated DISASTER. So my question would be, knowing all these things how is it possible that we have so many Jet fans here blaming Adam Gase for his offensive ranking? So unless Adam Gase is a freaking MIRACLE worker, just how was he supposed to raise this Jets offensive ship when it was grounded in Pluff Mud? 

Robby being a #1 or 2 WR is what made you come up with this question?

I happen to like the job Gase did last year, but can't you see there is a possibility that a team can have both a bad offense AND a bad HC? 

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

OT Anthony Costanzo from Indy just got $16.5M per year.  Does anyone think that Robby is a better WR than Costanzo is an OT?  I don't.  And, I also think OTs should be paid more than WRs.  With a WR-loaded Draft approaching I'm starting to think Robby ends up with something like a $12-13M per year deal.  JMHO.

Castonzo gave the colts a hometown discount

Yes it’s a great wr draft but it’s a crappy wr free agent market 

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

Why?

Is there a cap on what they can ask for? Should they run their numbers past you or me before they begin the process?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

The Robby as a #1 WR talk is simply nonsense.  Just because he was the WR1 of the Jets doesn't mean he's a WR1 for any single other team in the NFL.  He was sucked up the depth chart due to a vacuum of WR talent here.  He's a very nice player, has a unique and valuable skill set, but he doesn't do everything well and isn't a "Go to" WR target.  Love him as a WR3, like him as a WR2, don't like him as a WR1....but that's just me.  Jerry Jeudy, Robby Anderson, Jamison Crowder looks appealing to me as a starting group.

Just now, jetstream23 said:

The Robby as a #1 WR talk is simply nonsense.  Just because he was the WR1 of the Jets doesn't mean he's a WR1 for any single other team in the NFL.  He was sucked up the depth chart due to a vacuum of WR talent here.  He's a very nice player, has a unique and valuable skill set, but he doesn't do everything well and isn't a "Go to" WR target.  Love him as a WR3, like him as a WR2, don't like him as a WR1....but that's just me.  Jerry Jeudy, Robby Anderson, Jamison Crowder looks appealing to me as a starting group.

This he's a #WR1 or WR2 stuff is ridiculous.

If Cooper is on the market, Anderson is the second best WR on the FA list. If the Cowboys sign or tag Cooper Robby becomes the best. That's what matters here to teams needing help at WR. They'll balance that with the WR talent in the draft, and negotiate from there.

He'll get whatever the best or second best WR is worth this year in FA. Simple as that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This he's a #WR1 or WR2 stuff is ridiculous.

If Cooper is on the market, Anderson is the second best WR on the FA list. If the Cowboys sign or tag Cooper Robby becomes the best. That's what matters here to teams needing help at WR. They'll balance that with the WR talent in the draft, and negotiate from there.

He'll get whatever the best or second best WR is worth this year in FA. Simple as that. 

My guess is he's either an Eagle or Jet by Wednesday.

13 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Does anyone ever argue this?  I don't think I've ever seen someone actually say they think he is.  

Consensus he is a 2.  No consensus if he is worthy of being a rich 2 vs a meh 2.  Our slot gets what?  I think $9 million?  I'd give Robby 10, maybe 10.5 or something like that.  Be careful w/guaranteed $$.  He's not the sharpest tool in the shed.  

• Sympathy 1

It seems to me that the conversation about Robbie Anderson amping Jet fan is more about how much money he will make more than what he means to Sam . The simple fact of the matter is Anderson is an intricate part of the Jets offense and would be a big lost in the short term.
A combination of Anderson , C D Lamb and crowder world serve the Jets much better . To that end Anderson should holdout for as much as he can get .

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

It seems to me that the conversation about Robbie Anderson amping Jet fan is more about how much money he will make more than what he means to Sam . The simple fact of the matter is Anderson is an intricate part of the Jets offense and would be a big lost in the short term.
A combination of Anderson , C D Lamb and crowder world serve the Jets much better . To that end Anderson should holdout for as much as he can get .

he's a free agent.  There is no such thing as "hold out". I'd offer him one mill more than crowder. Settle for 2. Otherwise sayonara.

he's a free agent.  There is no such thing as "hold out". I'd offer him one mill more than crowder. Settle for 2. Otherwise sayonara.

Didn’t mean holdout in the topical sense. If there’s a market for Anderson and I’m sure his agent would know, then Anderson would be stupid if he didn’t maximize that market value. Even if it means leaving the Jets.