Titans signed QB Ryan Tannehill to a four-year, $118 million contract

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don’t think Tannehill is the man to bring a title to Tennessee personally. Chasing Brady would of been stupid too. I’d probably place my trust in a future draft pick or one of the more stable veteran QB’s on the move considering the Titans have a win now situation.

Ditto. They kinda have no choice but don’t see him leading them to a Super Bowl. 

Smart move by Tennessee. I really think Brady only makes sense in New England, Los Angeles (Chargers) or in Las Vegas for the Raiders.

I've heard teams like Indy and Tampa are interested but why would you want a 42 year old QB whose never been on a bad team before in his life in the NFL? Could you imagine how Brady would handle playing in Tampa if the team is 2-6 or 1-5 or something like that? The Chargers and Raiders can take the risk because they have new stadiums to fill. Other teams like Tennessee, Tampa, and Indy should stay away in my opinion

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Brady.  Will.  Retire.

1. No one will pay him what he's asking.
2. Those that come close are teams he won't play for.
3. Bellichick's lowballing makes him angry.

So by retiring he gets the last word and gives the f-you to the Patriots in the process.  After a bit of time away, he comes back to ESPN or NBC to get Romo money and notoriety.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, KRL said:

So SEVEN years of average QB play (and injuries) are forgotten because
of 10 regular season games???  And then when everything counted in the
playoffs he came up small.  They should've went after Rivers

He just has trouble staying healthy.

Check his 2014-2015 season stats with MIA, if Darnold has those stats next year people around here would be orgasming.

He's not an elite QB but he's pretty good when healthy and had a really good 2019. He hit the FA market at the right time and this is the result.

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Can we all agree that LT is short for “LEFT TACKLE,” or in very obvious context, Lawrence Taylor, or LaDainian Tomlinson??!? 

Quit twittering on the damn message board!! I’m not hip, and I don’t have the RAM to figure out your lingo puzzles. 

Here LT - I think - means Long Term since the OP headline is LT with Tannehill. Better off listening to the youngsters on here though. I’m in the same boat ?‍♂️ 

40 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Smart move by Tennessee. I really think Brady only makes sense in New England, Los Angeles (Chargers) or in Las Vegas for the Raiders.

I've heard teams like Indy and Tampa are interested but why would you want a 42 year old QB whose never been on a bad team before in his life in the NFL? Could you imagine how Brady would handle playing in Tampa if the team is 2-6 or 1-5 or something like that? The Chargers and Raiders can take the risk because they have new stadiums to fill. Other teams like Tennessee, Tampa, and Indy should stay away in my opinion

He was in 2000 but he wasn't the QB..B)

Tannehil was one of the best QBs in the league after he took over last year.  He fit well with Tennessee and he is certainly a better alternative than guys like cay or rivers.

This was an obvious move from day one by Tennessee and equally obvious that Beady will be back in NE cause no one really wants him but he wants attention.

31 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

He just has trouble staying healthy.

Check his 2014-2015 season stats with MIA, if Darnold has those stats next year people around here would be orgasming.

He's not an elite QB but he's pretty good when healthy and had a really good 2019. He hit the FA market at the right time and this is the result.

QB play is not all about the stats.  There was never one time when
Tannehill was in MIA that I thought he was anything special.  He
fell into a good situation (RB that averages 5 yds a carry) where
he doesn't have to do much.  He deserves credit for doing what
Mariota couldn't but he still isn't anything special.  And if Darnold
can only reach a "Tannehill level" of QB play then he's a bust

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Wow.

@section314 if this is true, maybe edit the title here? This thread will take off....

• Titans signed QB Ryan Tannehill to a four-year, $118 million contract.

Per ESPN's Jeff Darlington, the deal includes a whopping $62 million guaranteed. It's a princely sum for a soon-to-be 32-year-old who entered last season as a backup. Both his 2020 and 2021 salaries are fully guaranteed. It means Tennessee is off the board as a potential Tom Brady landing spot and that Derrick Henry will be franchise tagged. Tannehill sparked the Titans to a 7-3 finish last season before a surprise AFC Championship Game run, taking advantage of relentless pop-a-shot play-action passing. Tannehill and the Titans made an adjustment on his Dolphins years, now he must adjust to the league's coming adjustment. He will have an extremely difficult time matching last year's otherworldly numbers.

Mar 15, 2020, 2:20 PM ET

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Per ESPN's Jeff Darlington, the deal includes a whopping $62 million guaranteed. It's a princely sum for a soon-to-be 32-year-old who entered last season as a backup. Both his 2020 and 2021 salaries are fully guaranteed. It means Tennessee is off the board as a potential Tom Brady landing spot and that Derrick Henry will be franchise tagged. Tannehill sparked the Titans to a 7-3 finish last season before a surprise AFC Championship Game run, taking advantage of relentless pop-a-shot play-action passing. Tannehill and the Titans made an adjustment on his Dolphins years, now he must adjust to the league's coming adjustment. He will have an extremely difficult time matching last year's otherworldly numbers.

Thanks for editing the title Scott. Much appreciated.

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Wasn't doubting you, Scott, you did a nice job here getting this news out. 

I was more interested in getting peoples reactions to the signing.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don’t think Tannehill is the man to bring a title to Tennessee personally. Chasing Brady would of been stupid too. I’d probably place my trust in a future draft pick or one of the more stable veteran QB’s on the move considering the Titans have a win now situation.

Can you be more specific?