Jump to content

League Year expected to start on time


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Just start free agency. Players don't have to fly places for the "pitch". Do it on the phone.

Agreed.  Yeah, they can’t do a traditional physical, but the deals can all be pending a physical.  Some deals already worked like that, it just might be more time before its done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Thank You NFL. I need SOMETHING to keep me from going crazy.

One thing I've learned the last few days is that I love watching sports way more then I do listening to my GF talk, and that I hate watching tv with her. The shows she watches suck.

Her love of the Bravo Network and my love of sports has kept us together by keeping us in separate rooms. 

 

Secret to a long relationship.   Stay away from each other.   Married 20+  years....we only fight if we are in the same room lol

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Thank You NFL. I need SOMETHING to keep me from going crazy.

One thing I've learned the last few days is that I love watching sports way more then I do listening to my GF talk, and that I hate watching tv with her. The shows she watches suck.

Her love of the Bravo Network and my love of sports has kept us together by keeping us in separate rooms. 

 

Judging by the speed which this thing spreads, plus winter months will come fast....and society/safety as it is now.
 

im kinda resigned to fact that I have a big yard will be doing lot of yardwork.... maybe take up a new hobby... always wanted to get on a bike (Harley), and good opportunity to get back into better shape.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Tomorrow will be a wild day, lots of players agreeing to terms. Let’s just hope nobody pulls a Barr on us and agrees to the deal on Monday but backs out on Wednesday when it’s time to actually sign the contract 

Turned out to be a blessing.  Guy was going to be brought in for sacks.  Think he had 1

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Kudos to the NFL!

Would be much easier to follow all the sheep and give in to the hysteria and put everything on hold.

NFL is bigger and better than that.

Was never a sensible need to postpone free agency.

Well this is different because there are no mass gatherings of people for a free agent signing.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Philc1 said:

Nfl has the advantage that the first games won’t be til August 

Season wise this impacts the NFL the least. Baseball isn't as bad because they didn't start yet. MBA and NHL that is rough holding up after you started.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Season wise this impacts the NFL the least. Baseball isn't as bad because they didn't start yet. MBA and NHL that is rough holding up after you started.

NBA if they’re smart will reschedule the rest of the season to start late June and play the first 1-2 weeks without fans at games (half the Western Conference teams were already doing this before Covid-19)

 

 

but Adam Silver is stupid and weak like Roger Goodell

 

 

MLB will have a shortened season at 120–140 games starting in June(which helps the Yankees). Manfred knows what he’s doing and will get it done

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Kudos to the NFL!

Would be much easier to follow all the sheep and give in to the hysteria and put everything on hold.

NFL is bigger and better than that.

Was never a sensible need to postpone free agency.

Glad they are continuing with FA but be careful with following sheep and hysteria comments... Being Naive is not an excuse... if drastic steps aren't taken immediately in next couple weeks we could be looking at a situation in the Northeast US like Italy... https://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2020/03/a-covid-19-coronavirus-update-from-concerned-physicians.html

So don't be ignorant with your comments... You should commend the leagues for taking the correct action.  Its not about the fact that people are getting sick, its the speed and resources that the sick suck up and don't allow other patients to get help, heart attacks, immediate surgeries etc. etc...

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...