DeAndre Hopkins could be traded this offseason

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

2nd rounder and Avery Williamson.

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

No more than a 2nd though.

Save the $13M we'd give Robby.  Give Hopkins $20M.

I know that Bill O'Brien has done some carzy sh*t with the Texans, but do you really think that they would be willing to move Hopkins for a 2.  I would guess they would start by asking for two 1s as a starting point.  Given Hopkins contract -- 3 years left at about $13MM per year -- it will take much more than a 2. 

I would not imagine the Texans would move Hopkins without getting a 1 back in this year's draft.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I know that Bill O'Brien has done some carzy sh*t with the Texans, but do you really think that they would be willing to move Hopkins for a 2.  I would guess they would start by asking for two 1s as a starting point.  Given Hopkins contract -- 3 years left at about $13MM per year -- it will take much more than a 2. 

I would not imagine the Texans would move Hopkins without getting a 1 back in this year's draft.

Id agree that a 2 probably isnt enough but maybe a 1 in next yrs draft?

Its interesting how WR s are being devalued this year with the draft talent available at reduced rates.   His salary shouldnt compell them to trade him unless he is asking to renegotiate his contract. 

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

I don't.

But I also don't think Joe D. would be willing to part with a 1st.  My answer was more geared towards what the Jets may be willing to offer rather than what Houston would be willing to accept.

I would not trade #11 for him.  Not with the need this team has for young, cheap talent at OT and WR.

They aren't trading him for our 2nd rounder, or anyone's I would think.

I really don't like trading future #1 picks.

So for me, given my subjective proclivities, this doesn't really affect the Jets.  Would I be excited to have him on the team?  Yeah.  Would I trade a 1st rounder for the right to sign him for $20MM/year?  Not so happily.

16 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That would make zero sense, but the Texans seems to be incredibly poorly run.

They've spent the last two years acquiring players to try and win while Watson is on a rookie deal, now they will suddenly change course?  

Maccagnan was one of those pieces of rotten fruit from O'Brien's staff that Woody Johnson liked.  There is no rational explanation for it.  I'll bet when Woody Johnson was a young boy he picked up dog sh!t on his way home from school.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

No more than a 2nd though.

Save the $13M we'd give Robby.  Give Hopkins $20M.

Give them Robbie, QW and a 3rd. Then draft a WR with the 2nd rounder. Still need to get one of the elite prospects at the wr position. 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Frees them up to do anything in the draft.

I LOL because I thought that it certainly does free the Texans to do anything in the draft - like take the first day off ... But I would be careful not to overpay - maybe our third or a pick from next year?

Trade the high 3rd this year and a 1st next year for Hopkins. Go Oline in Rd 1, preferably trade down and grab Jones. Still grab at least 2 WR's in this draft before Rd 5 because this draft is loaded with good WR's. 

I would love to throw in Avery but i think Cunningham and McKinney are above average for the Texans already so they are fine at ILB. Imagine a WR group consisting of

Hopkins/Crowder

2nd Rd pick

(Higgins/Mims/Aiyuk/Jefferson)

4th Rd pick

(Pittman Jr/Claypool)

Herndon, Griffin, Bell, Vyncent Smith, Low Tier FA signing.

3 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Somebody will offer a huge package for Hopkins. He's one of the best WR's in Football. Just don't see the Jets biting. Too many holes to fill on the roster.

Agreed.  A contender who thinks they are one player away could end up giving up a 1 and a day 2 pick; or maybe even two 1s.  Someone who thinks Hopkins puts them over the top is likely to give up more than a rebuilding team will be willing to offer.  JD has to make the call, but I do not see us as a realistic trade partner.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

Id agree that a 2 probably isnt enough but maybe a 1 in next yrs draft?

Its interesting how WR s are being devalued this year with the draft talent available at reduced rates.   His salary shouldnt compell them to trade him unless he is asking to renegotiate his contract. 

Hopkins would bring back multiple picks. Possibly 2 first rounders. He is that good. Could you imagine  if he was traded to KC. They would ve unstoppable.  

• Upvote 1