Checking In: You feeling good about JD going into FA?

@Paradis,Can i change my answer?  Not sure if this is how Douglas prioritizes/values players or guys just don't wnat to play here. Either way, that cautious optimism I mentioned earlier is quickly fading away. 

A lot of off-season left, but a sobering start to FA.

The Jets had too many holes to sign more than 1 of the higher priced guys. Shame that Douglas tried and wasn't able to wrangle one of those, but the 2nd tier guys are what is going to make or break the o line this season. 

I guess they'll have Winters and Edoga coming back and continuity has been shown the most important thing to improving an offensive line....right? Please?

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

The Jets had too many holes to sign more than 1 of the higher priced guys. Shame that Douglas tried and wasn't able to wrangle one of those, but the 2nd tier guys are what is going to make or break the o line this season. 

I guess they'll have Winters and Edoga coming back and continuity has been shown the most important thing to improving an offensive line....right? Please?

That's a similar lie I tell myself every year as a Trail Blazer fan when we never get any free agents and that continuity and inner development are the "keys to contender."  When in reality it's absolute BS.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

That's a similar lie I tell myself every year as a Trail Blazer fan when we never get any free agents and that continuity and inner development are the "keys to contender."  When in reality it's absolute BS.

2nd year in Gase's scheme! The 2nd year always gets better! Doesn't matter who the other 3 guys are! Superbowl Guaranteed!

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They should trade Jamal Adams immediately. If someone can get a haul for DeForrest Buckner, imagine what we could get for our highly overrated dickbag strong safety.

chris christie jones GIF

Jerry Jones while using his burner JN account is like..."Hey, Jackass behind me who's not wearing a tie, clean my glasses so I can read what the hell T0m is writing that just may push Jamal into my cold clutches. This Shane guy is really on to something and we need to be ahead of this so we know how to deal with 1 Jets Drive gentlemen! Now go get me another Coke and put on a tie when sitting behind me. And that's "Mr. Jones" to you punk, PUT SOME RESPECK ON MY NAME! I built this f'ing stadium with my bare hands "! 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

chris christie jones GIF

Jerry Jones while using his burner JN account is like..."Hey, Jackass behind me who's not wearing a tie, clean my glasses so I can read what the hell T0m is writing that just may push Jamal into my cold clutches. This Shane guy is really on to something and we need to be ahead of this so we know how to deal with 1 Jets Drive gentlemen! Now go get me another Coke and put on a tie when sitting behind me. And that's "Mr. Jones" to you punk, PUT SOME RESPECK ON MY NAME! I built this f'ing stadium with my bare hands "! 

Laughed out loud for real 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They should trade Jamal Adams immediately. If someone can get a haul for DeForrest Buckner, imagine what we could get for our highly overrated dickbag strong safety.

Quinnen Willaims and 'huge package of picks' rings in my ears constantly.

You guys just didn’t listen to JD when he said he doesn’t like to play around in free agency on day 0 or day 1.   He basically said he was going to go to the mid level guys after the initial frenzy settles down.  I’m not surprised he hasn’t pulled the trigger on anything yet.  

1 hour ago, Lith said:

@Paradis,Can i change my answer?  Not sure if this is how Douglas prioritizes/values players or guys just don't wnat to play here. Either way, that cautious optimism I mentioned earlier is quickly fading away. 

A lot of off-season left, but a sobering start to FA.

live look in at the Paradis household--

chaos.gif

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

96% of Schefter’s info is generated by agents. It’s gotta be a case of an agent explainifying Quinnen sucking 

I always felt that was leaked by the Jets to try and pump up his value because they saw early it wasnt going to work/they're deep on the d-line.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

You guys just didn’t listen to JD when he said he doesn’t like to play around in free agency on day 0 or day 1.   He basically said he was going to go to the mid level guys after the initial frenzy settles down.  I’m not surprised he hasn’t pulled the trigger on anything yet.  

You snooze. you loose. And that's exactly what might happen on Wednesday, if we don't have Anderson, Poole, or Jenkins signed.

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I always felt that was leaked by the Jets to try and pump up his value because they saw early it wasnt going to work/they're deep on the d-line.

That’s actually more plausible. Impossible to believe as anything other than obfuscation 

**** no. What has JD done at all that has worked out? Bringing in that bad ass center out of retirement worked great. Didnt sign a single OT or CB or get in on the Hopkins trade. The Jets draft was further hurt by the Hopkins trade and the Jets are worse than “the same ol jets” somehow. **** the team, **** this organization, **** the staff and coaches and most of all **** the dumb ****, trust fund baby bitch ass owners

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, DarnoldSchwarzeneggar369 said:

**** no. What has JD done at all that has worked out? Bringing in that bad ass center out of retirement worked great. Didnt sign a single OT or CB or get in on the Hopkins trade. The Jets draft was further hurt by the Hopkins trade and the Jets are worse than “the same ol jets” somehow. **** the team, **** this organization, **** the staff and coaches and most of all **** the dumb ****, trust fund baby bitch ass owners

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The Knicks got MURDERED in the press for not signing Durant and Kyrie yet the jets can’t even sign a Guard