RB David Johnson traded to HOU, WR Hopkins to AZ

Just now, Ghost said:

Rumors came out that Hopkins was available this morning. At least call just to get an idea of their asking price. Maybe JD did tho? 

Also, at this point, Le’Veon Bell is significantly better than David Johnson. 

4m dollar cap hit difference. Big deal in a cap sport

35 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Wide Receiver wasn't even remotely close to a need for ARZ. 

Anyone who watched a quarter of the cardinals last year would tell you that receiver was about #23 on the list of problems on that team. 

Yeah it’s not like their #1 WR isn’t 39!

All it took for NUK was a 28 year old David f'ing Johnson with his 1 good season and huge salary? sh*t at that rate, we could have gotten NUK and Deshaun for just Bell!

This also ****s us because now Cards are deff going OT with their first pick. 

Didn't Macc and BOB work together on the Texans? BIG MACC strikes again!

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:
Houston Texans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins (10) motions first down during the first half of an NFL divisional playoff football game against the Kansas City Chiefs, in Kansas City, Mo., Sunday, Jan. 12, 2020. (AP Photo/Jeff Roberson)
Jeff Roberson/Associated Press

The Arizona Cardinals and Houston Texans agreed to a blockbuster trade Monday that will send All-Pro wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona and running back David Johnson to Houston.

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reported the Texans will receive Johnson, a second-round pick this year and a fourth-round pick in 2021. The Cardinals receive Hopkins and a 2020 fourth-round selection.

Absolutely terrible trade for Houston. What the hell, lol.

39 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Anyone who watched a quarter of the cardinals last year would tell you that receiver was about #23 on the list of problems on that team. 

If you draft a young QB, it behooves you to SUPPORT him and surround him with weapons to throw to.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

OBrein is a laughable moron, but then again I've known this for about 6 years.  The league media has been lapping this guy for years and he is the biggest fraud and most overrated coach and now GM in the league very easily.

So f***king true.  If I’m Deshaun, I’m on the phone with my agent telling him to get me out of there ASAP.   

• Upvote 3

Haven't red the responses yet, but I'll say this....  O'Brien is an imbecile.  No wonder why Maccagnan was so bad.  

Houston will suck.   Hopkins will do better with Murray than Watson anyway.  If I were a Texans fan I'd be livid.  

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

???? 

I enjoy hearing what you have to say on most topics, but this isn't one of your best takes, my man.

Arizona would've been crazy to walk away from this deal and go with Fitzpatrick as their #1 instead of D Hop.

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

???? 

I enjoy hearing what you have to say on most topics, but this isn't one of your best takes, my man.

Arizona would've been crazy to walk away from this deal and go with Fitzpatrick as their #1 instead of D Hop.

ive tried to clarify this a half dozen times. I’m speaking to the notion that they were locked on Lamb at 8.... of course they (and anyone) should pull the trigger on Hopkins. 

21 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

This is hands down the worst trade in football history. The Texans took on an untradeable RB contract and got a second round pick for the best WR in football. Why weren't we on the phone offering Le'Veon Bell and our second? God dam Bill O'Brien is an idiot. 

because the Texans weren't going to trade him to a team in the AFC

1 hour ago, KRL said:
The full deal.
Quote Tweet

OULVYX57_normal.jpg
John McClain

@McClain_on_NFL
· 1m
DeAndre Hopkins and a fourth round pick go to Cards for David Johnson and a second round pick this year and a fourth round pick next year.

Texans had their clock cleaned on this one. David Johnson had one great season and disappeared.  

I think David will do good in that offense and have a good year, but Hopkins is amazing AZ needed him or someone at least like him. WHy take a chance on a first round WR when you can Hopkins, they knwo they have short window of having a chance at the SB. Great move but AZ. How the hell they were convinced to let go oh Hopkins is beyond me, much be money?

I don't get the Texan's thinking.  This trade doesn't make them better, but they are too good to tank.  Sure they have their QB, but if you land the #1 pick and don't need a QB, you can get a truckload of picks for it, which would help any team.  But there is no way the Texans can be thinking that after making the playoffs.  If they got DJ plus a 1st rounder, it might almost feel like a reasonable trade, but what they got was laughable.

I'm truly stumped at what their thinking was.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

And?  DJ had a hefty contract they were looking to unload and they got one of the best WRs in the game in a deal for him.  You can't beat that.  If they really wanted to, they can turn around and flip Hopkins elsewhere for a 1st.  

2 hours ago, SR24 said:

They're going to take an OT at #8 too. Sad seeing other teams add around their young QB while we do nothing. Buffalo rebuilt their OL and added WRs, Cleveland trades or OBJ and signs Hooper, Kyler gets DeAndre Hopkins. Can we so something for Darnold please!?!?!?!? 

How about a DT?

• Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

And?  DJ had a hefty contract they were looking to unload and they got one of the best WRs in the game in a deal for him.  You can't beat that.  If they really wanted to, they can turn around and flip Hopkins elsewhere for a 1st.  

VV

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

ive tried to clarify this a half dozen times. I’m speaking to the notion that they were locked on Lamb at 8.... of course they (and anyone) should pull the trigger on Hopkins. 

10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I don't get the Texan's thinking.  This trade doesn't make them better, but they are too good to tank.  Sure they have their QB, but if you land the #1 pick and don't need a QB, you can get a truckload of picks for it, which would help any team.  But there is no way the Texans can be thinking that after making the playoffs.  If they got DJ plus a 1st rounder, it might almost feel like a reasonable trade, but what they got was laughable.

I'm truly stumped at what their thinking was.  

They traded their 1st rounder for Tunsil just last season.  No way they were going into tank mode.  This is just a brutally dumb trade, plain and simple.

Worst trade in the NFL since the Vikings gave up a king's ransom for Herschel Walker.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, shuler82 said:

It doesn’t matter if they had M Thomas and J Jones at WR, that deal is a no brainer.

Other than they should keep drafting capital for a bigger need and traded Johnson more picks, not the other way 

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Rumors came out that Hopkins was available this morning. At least call just to get an idea of their asking price. Maybe JD did tho? 

Also, at this point, Le’Veon Bell is significantly better than David Johnson. 

And you know he didnt and was turned down how? 

Why would they want Bell, who some think is done at his pay rate?