Conklin to the Browns

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Nice. 

The Browns just pulled off what we were hoping to in FA within 5 hours..  Conklin and the opportunity to add OL with the #10 pick, or get a defensive playmaker if Simmons or Okaduh fall.

@Philc1 so much for "nobody wants to play for the midget QB', huh? 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Now let's all sit around and fantasize about Graham Glasgow coming to the Jets until he signs elsewhere as well because the Jets "didn't want to get into that price range" ???

“I can’t wait until he’s a Jet next year. He’s going to be essential to sams development.”

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, King P said:

I had a feeling this would happen.

I say stick Edoga at RT, and make a run at Glasgow. Glasgow at C, and a new LT are would be great as far as I'm concerned 

If Edoga is our starting RT week 1, the season is already a lost cause. 

I have spoken.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Cleveland may just double dip and still go OT at the #10 spot. 

That's called "the smart move". I have a week off. Let me know, and I'll go kick MacCagnan in the nuts so hard he'll need to lease a Falcon Heavy from Elon Musk to find them 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

The Browns just pulled off what we were hoping to in FA within 5 hours..  Conklin and the opportunity to add OL with the #10 pick, or get a defensive playmaker if Simmons or Okaduh fall.

@Philc1 so much for "nobody wants to play for the midget QB', huh? 

Facts. 

They're not coveting the money, they're protecting and adding weapons for Baker. 

Corona better not mess with this season! lol. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

That's called "the smart move". I have a week off. Let me know, and I'll go kick MacCagnan in the nuts so hard he'll need to lease a Falcon Heavy from Elon Musk to find them 

True. It's unbelievable what the Jets have done, or rather...not done, when it came to the Oline. We drafted D'Brick and Mangold damn near 15 years ago. 

15 YEARS AGO!!! 

These GM's should be arrested and charged with negligence. 

• Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

This sucks. That's a very reasonable contract when you aren't paying big money for your QB yet. He would have been a great addition to this team. 

I'm so tired every off season of watching the best offensive lineman and pass rushers sign elsewhere and then hear the Jets beat writers talk about how "the Jets didn't want to go into that price range." as if the Jets are this team with a surplus of talent instead of being a team in dire need of it. 

Maybe there is something to the “jets tax”

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I remember when these same guys were still positive about Jachai Polite. 

giphy.gif

The only person affiliated with the Jets that liked Polite was Big Mac. You do realize we cut him before the season even started?

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Exactly. That's a "free agent" contract at that, where things more often than not get inflated. 

No way Conklin should be a Brown for that amount of money with the Jets/Darnold needing an OT. 

I could see not signing him for crazy money but at that price, I don’t get it.  He is from Michigan, maybe he just wanted to be closer to home. Hopefully they have a backup plan.  

• Upvote 1

Walterfootball is one of those sites you don't take seriously, but every now and then they have good material on their trade grades.  Today they did not fail us.

Cardinals acquire WR DeAndre Hopkins from Texans for RB David Johnson, 2nd-round pick
These teams will also be swapping fourth-round picks, as if that matters. What's important is that Bill O'Brien pulled off one of the most lopsided trades we'll see in a long time.

O'Brien is the dumbest person in the NFL, and he's running an entire franchise. I mean, ruining an entire franchise. He just traded his second-best player (behind Deshaun Watson), who happens to be one of the top receivers in the NFL, for a decrepit running back and a second-round pick.

How the hell does something like this happen, and how does O'Brien still have a job? It's ridiculous. Knowing the mindset O'Brien has, he shouldn't even be allowed to be a quality control coach. I don't understand what he's thinking. When I initially heard the Hopkins and Johnson swap, and I stopped gagging, I assumed Houston had obtained Arizona's No. 8 overall pick. Instead, the Texans secured just a second-rounder for one of the top receivers in the NFL in his prime. Oh, and let's not forget Johnson, who gets injured every single week and no longer has any sort of explosion!

The Cardinals, meanwhile, are getting a new No. 1 receiver in Hopkins, who will exponentially improve Arizona's offense. Both Larry Fitzgerald and Christian Kirk will greatly benefit from Hopkins drawing coverage, and let's not forget Kyler Murray, whose development will benefit from Hopkins' presence.

I'm hereby re-naming all "F" grades to O'Brien from this point forward. It's amazing how this man is allowed to make horrible move after horrible move, and yet the Texans keep promoting him for some reason. It's unbelievable.

Grade for Cardinals - A+
Grade for Texans - O'BRIEN

• Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, RobR said:

giphy.gif

The only person affiliated with the Jets that liked Polite was Big Mac. You do realize we cut him before the season even started?

Yes. And right up to that point  we heard how positive things were trending, and how optimistic they were.

Everything we "hear" is bullsh*t. They had all of their bases covered with Conklin. Cimini "Jets are all in for Conklin", Mehta "Jets not impressed by Conklin". LOL.

How about, "We love Harrison! Hes a great guy and our starting Center.......Uh, hey Ryan, wanna come out of retirement to be our center?".

C'mon, man. LOL

Just now, JTJet said:

Theres been more smoke about him being moved than virtually any other player. Not sure why that's laughable. 

OBJ has been getting along great with the new HC and GM.

Here's another nugget for you... Njoko isn't going anywhere either most likely. Stefanski ran more 2 TE sets last year than anyone else. Hooper gives them that ability. 

BTW OBJ/Landry Chubb/Hunt Hooper/Njoko  Conklin/the #10 pick is exactly what the Jets should've been looking to do for Darnold.

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I could see not signing him for crazy money but at that price, I don’t get it.  He is from Michigan, maybe he just wanted to be closer to home. Hopefully they have a backup plan.  

True. Which is why I feel like it could have also been a situation where signing with us was just not in the plans personally. I cant see Douglas not outbidding that. 

If the news was the Jets signed Conklin for 16 million a year on average we'd would have fully supported that. That contract is a bit surprising. You may be on to something. 

• Upvote 1