Conklin to the Browns

28 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

All in order to Wally Pipp Darnold???

You really dont know the type of ego Mayfield has, do you?

He was born to "walk on" a take jobs my guy! 

And by week 12 next year some unknown backup will take Baker’s job away

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Truth is the Jets are 3 years away regardless of what happens this free agency.

JD has 5 years left on his contract. I think he knows he simply has to start drafting. Taking premium positions high like OT, edge and CB. There are literally 0 of those 8 positions in the current roster. 

We have to let the awful contracts expire, Enunwa, Bell, Trumaine, and even Henry Anderson.  Amazing how awful this roster is constructed, terrible drafts at unimportant positions and overpaying declining stars. 

I agree with this, but that doesn't explain why we ONLY traded Leonard Williams at the deadline.  Great trade and all, but if its all about the draft, we should have taken the offers we got for Anderson and Adams.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Spin this however you want to Greenie. Today could not have gone worse for us.

All I know is within 5 hours we've seen Thuney tagged, Conklin signed by the Browns, and Hopkins go to Arizona for a veteran RB with a bad contract, and his name wasn't Leveon Bell.

At this point Sam Darnold must be really ecstatic about how things are going around here..

oh I'm with there. Today is hot garbage. 

I was more commenting on your propensity to make it about the love of your life.  :) 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe because he understands you don't build a winner with splurge spending in free agency?

He should understand that, I agree. However he's sat around on his fat as** here for a year now and told us how important it was to up grade the OL also, hasn't he?

If you're okay with him doing nothing about addressing that today good for you. I'm not. I don't want to go into Darnold's 3rd season with a couple of rookies and some band aids blocking for him. We've seen that movie twice already. 

• Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, you do. Name me one team that “won the offseason” with big free agent swings then won a title? I’ll wait.

Name one team that didn’t. Not saying we have to sign a dozen FA’s but there’s no reason not to try and sign some of the higher rated ones on the market. It’s not like we don’t have the cash. Steak or 75% ground beef? We know what Crusher would choose. 

58 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Name one team that didn’t. Not saying we have to sign a dozen FA’s but there’s no reason not to try and sign some of the higher rated ones on the market. It’s not like we don’t have the cash. Steak or 75% ground beef? We know what Crusher would choose. 

lol what?  Your definition of "splurging" is very different than mine, apparently.  I'm talking about teams that tried to build their "core" thru free agency.  Like the Eagles "dream team".  

Last I checked, free agency has barely started, so there's still more than enough time and opportunities to add a couple impactful FA's like you're looking for.  Just because the biggest names are off the market doesn't mean free agency was a failure.  Rarely do teams that acquire the "big names" ever have success.  

Teams let players walk for a reason.  We shouldn't emulate franchises like the Dolphins and Browns who try to win the offseason in the first few days.  

38 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol what?  Your definition of "splurging" is very different than mine, apparently.  I'm talking about teams that tried to build their "core" thru free agency.  Like the Eagles "dream team".  

Last I checked, free agency has barely started, so there's still more than enough time and opportunities to add a couple impactful FA's like you're looking for.  Just because the biggest names are off the market doesn't mean free agency was a failure.  Rarely do teams that acquire the "big names" ever have success.  

Teams let players walk for a reason.  We shouldn't emulate franchises like the Dolphins and Browns who try to win the offseason in the first few days.  

No I’m not pushing for signing every ‘top’ FA. Just saying I hope we can get a couple of the better rated players. Sure they’ll be expensive, but we have the means to secure a couple and the round it out with mid-range players. What I how JD doesn’t do is sign mid to low level players only. That would be disappointing. See Mr. Frost. 

55 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Cheifs went and got Tyrone Mathieu and Fra k Clark last year two big parts of their super bowl win

If that is your best example, you are making his point. 

The Chiefs won the Super Bowl because of a historically good passing game and phenom QB. 

• Upvote 1