Glasgow to Broncos

9 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Another off season where the Jets don't address the Offensive line lol. What a disaster. I can't wait for the lectures on how smart the Jets were for not paying some of these guys what they ended up getting. Meanwhile, Sam will continue to get killed for another year and the Jets will continue to suck. 

Whose left at this point? A 38 year old Jason Peters? A 31 year old Trent Williams who hasn't played in a year? We're not fixing the entire Offensive line in the draft either. 

Sam Darnold is going to be entering his 3rd season at QB and at this point the Jets literally can't point to one quality offensive lineman they have to protect him. Maybe by the time he becomes a free agent we'll begin to look for some offensive lineman.

Seriously, calm the **** down.  FA hasn't even opened yet

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Nobody wants to play for Gase.  Douglas hasn't re-signed Robby. if it doesn't happen by Wednesday, he's gone. Arizona just ripped off the Texans and traded for a receiver that would have matched perfectly with Anderson. I'm so glad we have people in place now that know what their doing. Yea. Right.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

Just now, choon328 said:

Seriously, calm the **** down.  FA hasn't even opened yet

The top players are already off the market regardless of when FA technically begins. 

Your right though, we should calm down. It's not like the Jets have an awful track record of finding talent and always suck or something like that. 

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

That would be fine and dandy if we didn’t have 3-4 massive holes on the OL along with losing our top WR. 

There still are very solid offensive line options available and Crowder was the best Jets WR last year and it's not close. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, genot said:

Nobody wants to play for Gase.  Douglas hasn't re-signed Robby. if it doesn't happen by Wednesday, he's gone. Arizona just ripped off the Texans and traded for a receiver that would have matched perfectly with Anderson. I'm so glad we have people in place now that know what their doing. Yea. Right.

Might as well just overpay like hell to keep Robby.  Sh t, just franchise tag him and then negotiate a deal

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

The top players are already off the market regardless of when FA technically begins. 

Your right though, we should calm down. It's not like the Jets have an awful track record of finding talent and always suck or something like that. 

Actually the Jets have an awful track record of making big splashes and not winning a thing. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, genot said:

There are so many teams clamoring for Robby right now that's why his name has been all over Twitter . That's sarcasm

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

That would be fine and dandy if we didn’t have 3-4 massive holes on the OL along with losing our top WR. 

When havent we had 3-4 massive holes, even after signing a ton of FAs. 

Every single year. 

The Jets better have signed at least two of McGovern, Van Roten, Lewis, Beachum or Peters by tomorrow.

And a trade for Trent Williams should absolutely be a serious discussion right now. There are at least 4 teams picking ahead of the Jets in the Top 10 who could justifiably take an OT in the 1st round. Including Cleveland despite signing Conklin.

32 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Swing and a miss, twice. Not good.

How do we know?  The Jets didn't leak any information.  Perhaps none of these players meets JD's strategy or value requirements.  Free Agency starts Wednesday.  Chillax.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, choon328 said:

There still are very solid offensive line options available and Crowder was the best Jets WR last year and it's not close. 

This.

Douglas' MO is Ozzie Newsome's MO-  he doesn't spend huge money on free agents.  Instead he looks for diamonds in the rough or good value guys who have 80% of the talent at 30% of the cost.

Chillax.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

Just now, SAR I said:

This.

Douglas' MO is Ozzie Newsome's MO-  he doesn't spend huge money on free agents.  Instead he looks for diamonds in the rough or good value guys who have 80% of the talent at 30% of the cost.

Chillax.

SAR I

Your O line for 2020:

Beachum

Lewis

Harrison

Edoga/Winters

Rookie

By the time the Jets recover from Mac/Idzik/Rex, Sam will be running for San Diego or elsewhere ASAP.

I'm not saying this to say today has been a great success by Douglas, but who on this board even realized Glasgow was considered a pretty good player in say November?  I bet it's minimal. 

Maybe the Jets really wanted Conklin and Glasgow really bad and screwed the pooch.  That's certainly possible. 

It's possible neither were particularly high on the Jets and took similar money elsewhere 

But it's also possible the Jets weren't as high on them as outsiders expected them to be, for whatever reason.