Why free agents might not want to come to the Jets: MERGED

4 hours ago, jacarter220 said:

The reason is that nobody wants to play for Adam Gase. Period. End of argument.

There is no evidence that in the last 48 hours a single player linked to another team was contacted by the Jets and said 'no'.  Just another reason for SOJF's to cry about themselves.

Joe Douglas is from the Ozzie Newsome tree.  They don't spend huge money on big names.  They build from the draft and affordable second-tier and third-tier free agents who often outperform their contracts.  That's the Douglas blueprint to sustained success.  These expensive, big-name fat linemen that you fell in love with in a slow news cycle, they were never happening.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is no evidence that in the last 48 hours a single player linked to another team was contacted by the Jets and said 'no'.  Just another reason for SOJF's to cry about themselves.

Joe Douglas is from the Ozzie Newsome tree.  They don't spend huge money on big names.  They build from the draft and affordable second-tier and third-tier free agents who often outperform their contracts.  That's the Douglas blueprint to sustained success.  These expensive, big-name fat linemen that you fell in love with in a slow news cycle, they were never happening.

SAR I

I'm going to sleep better now knowing that Ozzie Newsome Jr. is running the team. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, genot said:

Of course It's Gase These players aren't even taking time to consider our offer, or take a few days to see if we'll up it. They had their minds made up. no to the jet's. Why. Gase.

There is zero evidence of this.  Here's what we do know, in case you want to deal with facts:

Gase's ex-players have stood up and said they liked playing for him and gave him credit for their success.

Peyton Manning doesn't put his name on any coaches, stood up for Gase and gave him full credit for his late-career record-setting resurgence.

Sitting at 1-7, with planes and radio and newspaper personalities screaming for his head, Gase finds a way to keep the team together.  No meltdowns.  No revolts.  No DUI's.  No dick pics.  No broken jaws.  They finish the year 6-2, second-best in the league. 

The weakened 22 year old franchise quarterback is given a playbook tailored specifically for the crippled roster of backups and practice players, compensates for the worst OL in the league, overcomes the worst rushing attack in the league, is Top 10 in QBR over the second half of the season.

Not a single coordinator or coach has left the Jets (except one low level underling who took a promotion).   That's 29 men.  Not a peep of discontent or frustration.  All are staying in Florham Park and are optimistic about next season.

Not a single player has complained, voiced discontent, or made any sort of ripple despite a bloodthirsty media begging for a tidbit.  That's 53 men.  All with Twitter and IG accounts.  Not a peep.  The stars on this team-  Adams, Bell, Anderson, Darnold, Mosley-  not a word, not a single hint of forcing themselves off the roster to another franchise.

Sell your depression elsewhere, Eeyore.

SAR I

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

There is, although, a lot of evidence that Adam Gase stinks!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is zero evidence of this.  Here's what we do know, in case you want to deal with facts:

Gase's ex-players have stood up and said they liked playing for him and gave him credit for their success.

Peyton Manning doesn't put his name on any coaches, stood up for Gase and gave him full credit for his late-career record-setting resurgence.

Sitting at 1-7, with planes and radio and newspaper personalities screaming for his head, Gase finds a way to keep the team together.  No meltdowns.  No revolts.  No DUI's.  No dick pics.  No broken jaws.  They finish the year 6-2, second-best in the league. 

The weakened 22 year old franchise quarterback is given a playbook tailored specifically for the crippled roster of backups and practice players, compensates for the worst OL in the league, overcomes the worst rushing attack in the league, is Top 10 in QBR over the second half of the season.

Not a single coordinator or coach has left the Jets (except one low level underling who took a promotion).   That's 29 men.  Not a peep of discontent or frustration.  All are staying in Florham Park and are optimistic about next season.

Not a single player has complained, voiced discontent, or made any sort of ripple despite a bloodthirsty media begging for a tidbit.  That's 53 men.  All with Twitter and IG accounts.  Not a peep.  The stars on this team-  Adams, Bell, Anderson, Darnold, Mosley-  not a word, not a single hint of forcing themselves off the roster to another franchise.

Sell your depression elsewhere, Eeyore.

SAR I

Enunwa, and jet's player rep Beachum we're critical of the way Gase deals with fines. Posting them on a bulletin board like their on parole, or having to serve detention, like some schoolkid. Only coach in the league who does that. No coach has left because they haven't been offered other work. they need to earn a living. Wake up. Gase has no person skills, it's fairly obvious. after the cowboy game, they gathered around Gregg Williams. not Gase. Read this article and tell me why players, [who communicate with each other], would want to come here, unless they have no alternative.https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/31/former-dolphins-rb-damien-williams-dishes-on-his-departure-from-miami/

• Upvote 1

On 3/17/2020 at 12:19 PM, Larz said:

It’s not even 24 hours yet 

you are right with Gase it has been 4 yrs in Miami and and going on 2 yrs here. Last yr it was a bad gm and it will take time to correct issues . Gase was here last yr and had some say in the players he wanted the same is happening this yr. 

We need better oline play, even average play would be a step up.  the better players signed somewhere else why? because they did not fit the mold of Gase's blocking schemes? so we get fant and he is supposed to be a good signing? That is not a day one signing if you want to show your fan base you are serious about improving. The center signing was a decent one