Tom Brady says goodbye to the Pats

Just now, JTJet said:

How does this happen before we hear where he is going?

The Patriots have $5 million in cap space and they failed to trade for Diggs or Hopkins. They have no way to upgrade the roster besides the draft and they don't have a 2nd round pick. Im sure that all played into it. 

Just now, Bowles Movement said:

Id laugh if no one ends up signing him and he has to go back to the Pats hat in hand to finish his career. 

Would he just retire if no other team offers him what he wants?

I'm thinking if hes announcing that hes leaving now, saying goodby to NE, with time to go back in the 11th hour, there's a good chance hes already got an offer that hes accepting.  

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

I’m 25 years old and all I know is this guy beating us and winning divisions and Super Bowls , do you really blame me? 

Question is still the same.

I grew up fearing Marino.  That was a guy who scared you, on a team that didnt so much.

Tom played on a team that scared you, different. 

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

He escaped without the Jets getting real redemption.  I'm extremely happy to see him go but it would have been nice to beat him in a meaningful game more than a handful (once really) of times.

Agreed.  Plus, he screwed the the Jets one last time.   By him not resigning with the Pats, that allowed them to have enough cap space to franchise Joe Thuney...