Jump to content
kmnj

bills have a great core now

Recommended Posts

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

The Bills problem is their QB. But I have to give them a ton of credit, they believe in him and are doing eveything they can to put him in the best possible position to succeed. I wish our organization would have done the same.

As you said though, Allen is their biggest issue.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The addition of Diggs gives the Bills a whole different dimension. They’re the best team in the division.

We have a lot of work to do as the Dolphins have had a very nice free agency so far, with a boatload of draft picks too.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the bills have built themselves a nice team and added a great weapon in diggs for allen-they have a great young foundation and their future looks bright.

Jets have not had a great draft since parcells but they need one this year to have any hope-the rest of the afc is getting better but not the jets. We finally see the end of the brady run and now the bills will be the team the jets cant beat

 

D'Brick?  Mangold?  Not a good draft?  

Diggs for all those picks in a year with all those WRs in the draft?  Debatable

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The Bills problem is their QB. But I have to give them a ton of credit, they believe in him and are doing eveything they can to put him in the best possible position to succeed. I wish our organization would be doing the same.

I'd argue all theirs moves say they don't believe in him and are doing everything they can to insulate him.  It's basically a mirror of what the Bears did with Trubisky.

  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Meh

Can we have the draft first before we predict the Bills going 15-1?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'd argue all theirs moves say they don't believe in him and are doing everything they can to insulate him.  It's basically a mirror of what the Bears did with Trubisky.

I can see that. But still, the Bills have gone out and built a formidable offensive line for their young QB, and got him weapons to throw the ball to.

The Jets are entering year 3 of the Sam Darnold era and they have a terrible offensive line and no real weapons at receiver right now. That has to change 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'd argue all theirs moves say they don't believe in him and are doing everything they can to insulate him.  It's basically a mirror of what the Bears did with Trubisky.

I don’t think it’s that they necessarily want to insulate him, it’s just that if you want to go to the Super Bowl in the AFC you are going to need to find a way to outscore the Kansas City Chiefs.  You NEED an offense, and one that can score a lot of points.  I would be looking for legit playmakers regardless of who my QB is.  

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Philc1 said:

Can we have the draft first before we predict the Bills going 15-1?

It's about their approach more than anything else. They are putting their QB in a great position to succeed. I don't believe in Josh Allen so I think at the end of the day, he'll hold them back. But their approach is correct. We did the same thing when we drafted Sanchez and we almost got to the Super Bowl. Give your young QB talent to be successful. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

D'Brick?  Mangold?  Not a good draft?  

Diggs for all those picks in a year with all those WRs in the draft?  Debatable

They're obviously going all-in right now.  I don't think it'll pay off for them, but it's clear that that's the strategy.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'd argue all theirs moves say they don't believe in him and are doing everything they can to insulate him.  It's basically a mirror of what the Bears did with Trubisky.

Yes, and they figure if they're going to win with him, they're going to spend big around him and win before they have to pay him.  It's probably the right move.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'd argue all theirs moves say they don't believe in him and are doing everything they can to insulate him.  It's basically a mirror of what the Bears did with Trubisky.

I mean isn’t that what you’re supposed to do? Do everything you can to surround your young QB with talent and make him successful. While he’s still on a rookie contract. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It's about their approach more than anything else. They are putting their QB in a great position to succeed. I don't believe in Josh Allen so I think at the end of the day, he'll hold them back. But their approach is correct. We did the same thing when we drafted Sanchez and we almost got to the Super Bowl. Give your young QB talent to be successful. 

I agree. Beane has done a great job. He's had 3 years to do it

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they have a good core, but they still have a soso QB...  we need two good offseasons and we can be right there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KRL said:

Diggs got upset with Cousins and he is 10 times more accurate than Allen.

Just wait until he has some of those rockets fly over his head.  Allen's 

meltdown in their playoff game has to have them peeing in their pants 

Agreed.  That will be interesting to watch as the season unfolds.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

D'Brick?  Mangold?  Not a good draft?  

Diggs for all those picks in a year with all those WRs in the draft?  Debatable

14 years ago? Really? That was a great draft, probably our best along with the Revis/Harris draft but all the other awful drafts basically negate whatever good was drafted during that span. It really is mind numbing how poorly this team has drafted.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mphtrilogy said:

they have a good core, but they still have a soso QB...  we need two good offseasons and we can be right there

yea and then we have to pay Darnold.

Sure hope Joey D. is the real deal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

They're obviously going all-in right now.  I don't think it'll pay off for them, but it's clear that that's the strategy.

Agree.

I guess I don't see Diggs for all those picks as enough of a game changer.  He will help obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I don't see the Bills hype. 

It's not like they were 14-2 last year. They won three more games than us with no major injuries playing against the same weak schedule we did and they lost to almost every winning team they played. Diggs is a nice player and their offense should be better, but their defense is likely to slightly regress and it remains to be seen whether or not Allen can become accurate/consistent/good enough to turn them into a perennial contender. 

We'll see. I see them as a team with a legit shot to win the division, but I think several teams can win the division. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

14 years ago? Really? That was a great draft, probably our best along with the Revis/Harris draft but all the other awful drafts basically negate whatever good was drafted during that span. It really is mind numbing how poorly this team has drafted.

When you say we haven't had a good draft since Parcells, yes 14 years ago is in play.

There have been scattered good drafts, just not enough.  Not close to enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as they're smart enough not to give Josh Allen a second contract, they're building a nice core of young talent for when they get a real QB.  Just have to hope its not too late by then.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yeah, I don't see the Bills hype. 

It's not like they were 14-2 last year. They won three more games than us with no major injuries playing against the same weak schedule we did and they lost to almost every winning team they played. Diggs is a nice player and their offense should be better, but their defense is likely to slightly regress and it remains to be seen whether or not Allen can become accurate/consistent/good enough to turn them into a perennial contender. 

We'll see. I see them as a team with a legit shot to win the division, but I think several teams can win the division. 

They were 10-6 and likely would have been 11-5 if they don't rest their starters in week 17.

Ignoring all that...

 they have a top 3 defense and all their starters return except for Jordan Phillips who Ed Oliver will replace.

Their offense is returning every single starter except for Robert Foster who will be replaced by Stefon Diggs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I mean isn’t that what you’re supposed to do? Do everything you can to surround your young QB with talent and make him successful. While he’s still on a rookie contract. 

I never said that they shouldn't.  I simply don't think it's because they are overwhelmed with how bright his future is.  They don't have much choice.  People are quick to applaud these types of moves.  The Bears were the most recent example, and now they gutted their future and are likely not going to see much return on it.  Bills could easily go down that same path.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I never said that they shouldn't.  I simply don't think it's because they are overwhelmed with how bright his future is.  They don't have much choice.  People are quick to applaud these types of moves.  The Bears were the most recent example, and now they gutted their future and are likely not going to see much return on it.  Bills could easily go down that same path.

Blake Bortles and the Jaguars. ANother example

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not overly concerned. Allen has accuracy issues and Diggs is a head case. More of a chance this not working out. Giving up all that draft capital for a disgruntled Wr? With an upcoming draft that is over loaded with Wrs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hamat711 said:

They were 10-6 and likely would have been 11-5 if they don't rest their starters in week 17.

Ignoring all that, they have a top 3 defense and all their starters return except for Jordan Phillips who Ed Oliver will replace.

They have arguably a top 5 WR group

Their offensive line is returning every single starter and they were about average last year.

A top 5 WR group? Hmmm, not sure about that one. 

Yes, we were 7-9 with massive injuries and they were 10-6 with no injuries against the same schedule.  Also, they were a Ficken kick away from losing to us in week 1. 

The league is year to year and things tend to regress to the mean. They will likely have more injuries this year against a much tougher schedule. Plus, I'm sure all you guys will be picking them to win the division. Lots of hype up there in Orchard Park. 

We'll see. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Allen will be ok he struggled at times like all second year Qbs incl Sam did. But he has talent and should be long term pretty good. I did think they overpaid for Diggs and Minn. made a good deal for him. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How exactly is Josh Allen the problem? If anything he provides hope. Place Sam Darnold behind their OL and he will get killed. Josh Allen has that Russell Wilson in him as he will improvise or take off and run as that unit sucks pass blocking but are above average to good in run blocking. 

As for the trade, I don't see Diggs being worth such compensation. I understand you don't have to concern yourself with a prospects that has to go through a pro learning curve, however sign a WR for $13 mil and double dig for a late round stud like Jefferson or Mims.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely jealous of last year's offseason for the Bills but as already mentioned, they weren't really that much better than us and we had a ridiculously unlucky season. That has to come down to Josh Allen in my opinion. So if he becomes more accurate, we are f'd, but if he looks like last year, he will be the only thing holding them back.

I am not freaking out yet. The Bills just gave up a ton of draft capital (they may not need it but we do) for a WR in a WR stacked draft. We didn't get better yesterday and that's disappointing, but if you thought all of our issues would be solved in one offseason you were already nuts. I expect us to at least build our depth a bit through FA including resigning Beachum, Lewis, RA, and Poole and then hopefully JD makes his money in the draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

How exactly is Josh Allen the problem? If anything he provides hope. Place Sam Darnold behind their OL and he will get killed. Josh Allen has that Russell Wilson in him as he will improvise or take off and run as that unit sucks pass blocking but are above average to good in run blocking. 

As for the trade, I don't see Diggs being worth such compensation. I understand you don't have to concern yourself with a prospects that has to go through a pro learning curve, however sign a WR for $13 mil and double dig for a late round stud like Jefferson or Mims.

Okay so who is better, Josh Allen or Sam Darnold? Josh Allen had a better o-line than the Jets last year and Sam didn't get killed. Josh Allen is a running back playing QB man he is no Russell Wilson. Come on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

How exactly is Josh Allen the problem? If anything he provides hope. Place Sam Darnold behind their OL and he will get killed. Josh Allen has that Russell Wilson in him as he will improvise or take off and run as that unit sucks pass blocking but are above average to good in run blocking. 

As for the trade, I don't see Diggs being worth such compensation. I understand you don't have to concern yourself with a prospects that has to go through a pro learning curve, however sign a WR for $13 mil and double dig for a late round stud like Jefferson or Mims.

helena bonham carter what GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bills do have a great roster in place, but a true weakness at QB. The Bears also have a similar thing going on. I think Mitch is worse - but we see how that worked out for Chicago this year...

Don't go crowning the Bills just yet.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...