bills have a great core now

kmnj

the bills were a playoff team last year and a young team-they got better in the off season while keeping almost all of their players-our offense was one of the worst in the league and we have done very little to improve upon it.  If I could switch rosters with the bills I would in a heart beat -the hating on Allen is not deserved at all -he played pretty well last season and he still has growing pains to go through. He had 20tds to 9 ints and had 500+ yards rushing with 9 tds.  His rushing numbers I would argue were better than Bells last year when you factor in the 9 tds vs bells 3 and he is their qb

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Drums said:

Okay so who is better, Josh Allen or Sam Darnold? Josh Allen had a better o-line than the Jets last year and Sam didn't get killed. Josh Allen is a running back playing QB man he is no Russell Wilson. Come on. 

Who said he's Russell Wilson? That was certainly suppose to be comprehend that he improvises in the pocket under a bad Oline similar to Wilson. Josh Allen has been graded out better then Sam, however both guys are currently JAGs. The Bills pass blocking is worse then the Jets. What saves them from an atrocious overall grade is their run blocking. 

the hating on allen is comical dude did exactly what his team needed from him and was a complete player-dude had 9 rushing tds thatpeople are discounting-no reason he cant grow his game and become a better passer like Lamar has done.  He now has another weapon in place and it will make him that much better-with two burners on the outside-teams will have to cover one on one and one them is always going be open and with speed half the time you just chuck it and let the wr rack up yards after the catch

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the bills have built themselves a nice team and added a great weapon in diggs for allen-they have a great young foundation and their future looks bright.

Jets have not had a great draft since parcells but they need one this year to have any hope-the rest of the afc is getting better but not the jets. We finally see the end of the brady run and now the bills will be the team the jets cant beat

And the Dolphins are primed. The lock down CB's are something we haven't had in forever. The only way I see the Pats sucking is if they are tanking for Trevor. Its looking rough out there right now but I have to admit I'm a little emboldened by the idea that JD just isn't going to throw money around ay the big name of the year.  I'm not used to it but I would much prefer a slow and steady approach to building a team. 

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'd argue all theirs moves say they don't believe in him and are doing everything they can to insulate him.  It's basically a mirror of what the Bears did with Trubisky.

Question.... So if the Jets go out and build an O-line and get him a bunch of weapons, would that be considered "insulating" him, or building around your young QB?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

How exactly is Josh Allen the problem? If anything he provides hope. Place Sam Darnold behind their OL and he will get killed. Josh Allen has that Russell Wilson in him as he will improvise or take off and run as that unit sucks pass blocking but are above average to good in run blocking. 

As for the trade, I don't see Diggs being worth such compensation. I understand you don't have to concern yourself with a prospects that has to go through a pro learning curve, however sign a WR for $13 mil and double dig for a late round stud like Jefferson or Mims.

41 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Who said he's Russell Wilson? That was certainly suppose to be comprehend that he improvises in the pocket under a bad Oline similar to Wilson. Josh Allen has been graded out better then Sam, however both guys are currently JAGs. The Bills pass blocking is worse then the Jets. What saves them from an atrocious overall grade is their run blocking. 

So you did compare him to Wilson except he can't make the throws Wilson makes and when Allen tucks to run, he tucks to run. If he didn't grade out better than Sam I'd be worried considering the Bills are a better team and they've actually built around him. I don't know about the Bills pass blocking but our o-line was definitely worse and Sam/Bell were under pressure in less than 2.5 seconds on 27% of the snaps. That is pretty bad, so I think that tilts in Allen's favor.

Anyway, I am not trying to debate Sam vs Allen because Sam is definitely better (and if he actually improvised more he would be even better). My main point was that the Bills made good moves the past two years but Allen probably isn't the guy there. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

the bills have built themselves a nice team and added a great weapon in diggs for allen-they have a great young foundation and their future looks bright.

Jets have not had a great draft since parcells but they need one this year to have any hope-the rest of the afc is getting better but not the jets. We finally see the end of the brady run and now the bills will be the team the jets cant beat

Since Parcells? That's absurd. The Jets definitely do suck at drafting but your statement is purely exaggeration.  2006, 2007, 2004, 2001 were all decent drafts.

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

2006 was a good draft. Parcells whiffed a lot. Find something painful and flog yourself with it.

• Haha 1

I find it curious that we engage as much as we do with the Bills trolls on these boards. If they actually came here in good faith to talk football good for them and then we could discuss that their team is currently structurally sound. Diggs adds the element that their WR corps was missing but there is still debate surrounding their QB and how he is built between the ears. However, the obvious majority come to try to rub our noses in the fact that they are finally above average. 

Great job you're mediocre. We are not ... we are currently bad. The fact that you come here to gloat about not being horrible is sad in it's own right and indicative of the psyche of the city in which you call home. I should know I was trapped there for 6 ungodly years. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/17/2020 at 11:36 AM, NYJ1 said:

Since Parcells? That's absurd. The Jets definitely do suck at drafting but your statement is purely exaggeration.  2006, 2007, 2004, 2001 were all decent drafts.

my statement was jets have not had a great draft then u say it was an exaggeration and use the word decent lol you do know that great and decent dont mean the same thing right? 

39 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I find it curious that we engage as much as we do with the Bills trolls on these boards. If they actually came here in good faith to talk football good for them and then we could discuss that their team is currently structurally sound. Diggs adds the element that their WR corps was missing but there is still debate surrounding their QB and how he is built between the ears. However, the obvious majority come to try to rub our noses in the fact that they are finally above average. 

Great job you're mediocre. We are not ... we are currently bad. The fact that you come here to gloat about not being horrible is sad in it's own right and indicative of the psyche of the city in which you call home. I should know I was trapped there for 6 ungodly years. 

I created the thread=I am not a bills troll I have attended over 300 jet games since early at shea-the bills have a nice team better than ours -they just signed two more legit players yesterday too

They did well last year until the playoffs.  However football can be unpredictable.  They could easily take a step back this year.  As for Allen when you give him great protection he could obviously use his legs very well but his throwing accuracy is an issue.  Also when it comes to running QBs there is a lot of high risk for injuries 

On 3/17/2020 at 11:03 AM, GREENBEAN said:

And the Dolphins are primed. The lock down CB's are something we haven't had in forever. The only way I see the Pats sucking is if they are tanking for Trevor. Its looking rough out there right now but I have to admit I'm a little emboldened by the idea that JD just isn't going to throw money around ay the big name of the year.  I'm not used to it but I would much prefer a slow and steady approach to building a team. 

Good call on the Dolphins.

They have 5 #1 picks the next two years, and I think their roster is at least as good as ours, probably a llittle better after this week. If they do a decent job with their picks, they'll be the team to challenge the Bills for the AFC East in the future.

The Jets look like a 4th place team until JD can get deeper into the current rebuild.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 3/17/2020 at 9:36 AM, kmnj said:

While I agree, the better QB always seems to make up for any lack of talent. You need to look no further than our division the last 20 years. We have a solid D, Q will be much better this year IMO and our O will be significantly better with a reconstructed line and a couple of new receivers. Bills weakness is at the most important position. Also, don't forget Mosely is elite and will be playing and A. Williamson, if recovered, and on our roster is a great LB. We were devastated with injuries and they will be back. Bell will also be much better. We only need to be 3 games better to make the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Good call on the Dolphins.

They have 5 #1 picks the next two years, and I think their roster is at least as good as ours, probably a llittle better after this week. If they do a decent job with their picks, they'll be the team to challenge the Bills for the AFC East in the future.

The Jets look like a 4th place team until JD can get deeper into the current rebuild.

Jets have the best QB in the division. That makes up for pretty much everything. When was the last time a team came in last with the best QB? If Jets grab another lineman, a top receiver and a CB, we will contest for the division. Mosely needs to be looked at as an addition this year, Herndon too.

30 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I created the thread=I am not a bills troll I have attended over 300 jet games since early at shea-the bills have a nice team better than ours -they just signed two more legit players yesterday too

Not you specifically brotha, just a general observation from lurking here for a decade..... a decade in which both teams have been very bad....another thread was started a couple days ago in which the OP admitted to their Bills fandom and proceeded to play the "look at our greatness" game.

When we get the random Bengals Fan show up who just wants to check in and talk football cool welcome to the conversation. When you get the Bills fan coming in saying "Everyone else is building around their QB except the Jets you will rue the day you passed on Josh Allen for Darnold etc." I'd like them to go back to their open sewer high five the rest of the Bills Mafia, place a baby through a table, and have a circle **** around a head shot of Joshy Boy.

I'm not scared of the Bills finding success... They perpetually get close and end up "Wide Right."

I had family members (non Jets fans) starting to root for the Bills as underdogs in the playoffs.

I told them if there is something not to pick up it is a rooting interest in the Bills it will only end in disappointment. I enjoyed their disappointment as Allen fell apart that game. I hope to watch him fall apart and squander the hopes of WNY for years to come.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Greensleeves said:

Jets have the best QB in the division. That makes up for pretty much everything. When was the last time a team came in last with the best QB? If Jets grab another lineman, a top receiver and a CB, we will contest for the division. Mosely needs to be looked at as an addition this year, Herndon too.

Lets say you're correct, and Darnold is the best QB in the division.

Fitz (maybe Tua or Herbert in Miami in their rookie years)

Allen (Darnold and Allen have been VERY comparable their first two seasons, give the edge to whoever you prefer)

NE we have no idea who they'll line up with

Why did I list these guys? It's because even if, as you say, Darnold is the best QB in the AFC East, what does that really matter? You're calling him the tallest midget in the room, because not one of them is a top tier QB.

Absent any top QB, you look at the rosters. No matter how you twist it, Buffalo has the best roster, Miami has the best opportunity by far to improve through the next two drafts. NE? Who knows, but Belichek and their D are always going to be tough.

Darnold, no matter how you view him, drew the short straw. The Jets are no better than the day they drafted him two years ago. He has the worst HC in the division, no talent around him on offense, and a rookie GM starting a rebuild.

• Thumb Down 1

On 3/17/2020 at 9:37 AM, ScarletKnight89 said:

The Bills problem is their QB. But I have to give them a ton of credit, they believe in him and are doing eveything they can to put him in the best possible position to succeed. I wish our organization would be doing the same.

That and they are the Bills. Other than that their legit! 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Lurker89 said:

Not you specifically brotha, just a general observation from lurking here for a decade..... a decade in which both teams have been very bad....another thread was started a couple days ago in which the OP admitted to their Bills fandom and proceeded to play the "look at our greatness" game.

When we get the random Bengals Fan show up who just wants to check in and talk football cool welcome to the conversation. When you get the Bills fan coming in saying "Everyone else is building around their QB except the Jets you will rue the day you passed on Josh Allen for Darnold etc." I'd like them to go back to their open sewer high five the rest of the Bills Mafia, place a baby through a table, and have a circle **** around a head shot of Joshy Boy.

I'm not scared of the Bills finding success... They perpetually get close and end up "Wide Right."

I had family members (non Jets fans) starting to root for the Bills as underdogs in the playoffs.

I told them if there is something not to pick up it is a rooting interest in the Bills it will only end in disappointment. I enjoyed their disappointment as Allen fell apart that game. I hope to watch him fall apart and squander the hopes of WNY for years to come.

Yeah, thank goodness we root for the Jets. At least they never get our hopes up, right?

Just now, The Crusher said:

That and they are the Bills. Other than that their legit! 

I agree, the stigma is real. Hard to imagine them actually getting over the hump. 

That said, as Jets fans we know all too well how big that hump is.

• Thumb Down 1

On 3/17/2020 at 9:36 AM, kmnj said:

Huh? We swept them last season according to @SAR I19. 

1) Josh Allen... not good

2) Bills OL is much better than ours. It’s not even close. Theirs is decent our is bottom of the barrel. 

3) Darnold is the best QB in the division. But that’s not saying much. It could be saying much if build around him but right now it’s an indictment on the state of the division.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah, thank goodness we root for the Jets. At least they never get our hopes up, right?

I agree, the stigma is real. Hard to imagine them actually getting over the hump. 

That said, as Jets fans we know all too well how big that hump is.

Call me fat again, see what happens. 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I'm pretty sure  you are referring to me and I did not praise the Bills in my post. I was talking about the Jets O-line.

You created this twisted narrative in your head.

On 3/17/2020 at 9:45 AM, ScarletKnight89 said:

I can see that. But still, the Bills have gone out and built a formidable offensive line for their young QB, and got him weapons to throw the ball to.

The Bills had a strong OL already, they had good weapons already, and they were the healthiest team in the NFL last year. 

They need a quarterback. (Shh. Don’t tell them.  Brady hasn’t signed with Tampa yet.)

SAR I

30 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Absent any top QB, you look at the rosters. No matter how you twist it, Buffalo has the best roster, Miami has the best opportunity by far to improve through the next two drafts. NE? Who knows, but Belichek and their D are always going to be tough.

Darnold, no matter how you view him, drew the short straw. The Jets are no better than the day they drafted him two years ago. He has the worst HC in the division, no talent around him on offense, and a rookie GM starting a rebuild.

NE and Miami are honestly in a super good rebuild position.  Not unlike where we were after Idzik.  NE are going to get a crap ton of comp picks this year, and they have many assets that they could trade away for even more picks.  NE also has a great vet core to transition into their young guys (of which they have quite a few), so there is culture continuity.

im pretty sure BB drove Brady out of town because he knew he couldn’t create a win now team without massively selling out their future.  They tried that last year and couldn’t get it done.