bills have a great core now

kmnj

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

I love your positivity. I hope it's rewarded someday by the Jets. I want to see that green confetti drop. 

I think as a fan you have to be positive because being miserable makes it no even worth it.  Look I’m not making any proclamations but I do feel good about our future.  Even last year we really got bit by the injury bug in a major way.  Maybe things would have been different maybe not.  But I am hopeful 

It's very overblown how much of a liability people think Josh Allen has become. 

Josh Allen showed tremendous progress over the course of 2019 Weeks 5-17:

Josh Allen showed tremendous progress over the course of 2019

Weeks 5-17:

ALLEN 23 TD (17 pass/6 rush) 91.6 pass rtg 3 INT / 2 fum lost

DARNOLD 20 TD (18 pass/2 rush) 84.3 pass rtg 13 INT / 3 fum lost)

MAYFIELD 21 TD (18 pass/3 rush) 79.3 pass rtg 15 INT / 2 fum lost

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Bills had a strong OL already, they had good weapons already, and they were the healthiest team in the NFL last year. 

They need a quarterback. (Shh. Don’t tell them.  Brady hasn’t signed with Tampa yet.)

SAR I

They built that O-Line and added those receivers last off season and have now added to it this off season.

They do need a QB though. But my point is that they are putting the guy they drafted in the best position to succeed. 

9 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

It's very overblown how much of a liability people think Josh Allen has become. 

Josh Allen showed tremendous progress over the course of 2019 Weeks 5-17:

Josh Allen showed tremendous progress over the course of 2019

Weeks 5-17:

ALLEN 23 TD (17 pass/6 rush) 91.6 pass rtg 3 INT / 2 fum lost

DARNOLD 20 TD (18 pass/2 rush) 84.3 pass rtg 13 INT / 3 fum lost)

MAYFIELD 21 TD (18 pass/3 rush) 79.3 pass rtg 15 INT / 2 fum lost

Nobody said liability but the concerns are fair.  When he gets tremendous protection he can use his greatest asset which is his running ability.  I’m not saying he is an awful passer but it’s not as big of a strength especially when he doesn’t have that great protection 

13 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

I'm pretty sure  you are referring to me and I did not praise the Bills in my post. I was talking about the Jets O-line.

You created this twisted narrative in your head.

I tend to create twisted narratives in my head.

but I don't think it was your thread. 😘 

Point is we have our own trolls to feed, some are struggling troll artists, some don't know they're trolls, some are so good we don't know if they know what they are doing or not. In tough times like these we need to keep our trolls fed lest they starve .... Bills trolls need to find their own place to be psychic vampires. 

PSA: I don't really want them to leave if they do then I won't get to tell them how "lovely" their city and it's inhabitants are. I'd rather troll Bills fans here than my fellow Jets family. As I said I lived there for far too long and I am a UB Alum ....Two of my best friends are Buffalo scum buckets and I love them more than they deserve and that love goes both ways. They call me Jersey Mike even though I have never lived in Jersey and refer to the Jets as the Jersey Jets because the Bills are the "Only NY Team" even though they are practically in Canada. May we all wallow in misery together until the end of time.

• Haha 1

On 3/17/2020 at 10:22 AM, hamat711 said:

They were 10-6 and likely would have been 11-5 if they don't rest their starters in week 17.

Ignoring all that...

they have a top 3 defense and all their starters return except for Jordan Phillips who Ed Oliver will replace.

Their offense is returning every single starter except for Robert Foster who will be replaced by Stefon Diggs.

10-6/11-5 on a super easy schedule. The Bills and the rest of the division won’t be trodding easy street this season. With the AFC East’s 2020 schedule, good chance New England wins the division yet again while the remainder miss the playoffs altogether. (Which of course will somehow convince the Johnson idiots ‘to retain Gase as the Jets are headed in the right direction.’ Pathetic how Chris was virtually gushing over his team upon the season’s conclusion in Buffalo). 

32 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

They built that O-Line and added those receivers last off season and have now added to it this off season.

They do need a QB though. But my point is that they are putting the guy they drafted in the best position to succeed. 

Yes, agreed. But they are investing in the wrong QB.  

Oops. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

I tend to create twisted narratives in my head.

but I don't think it was your thread. 😘 

Point is we have our own trolls to feed, some are struggling troll artists, some don't know they're trolls, some are so good we don't know if they know what they are doing or not. In tough times like these we need to keep our trolls fed lest they starve .... Bills trolls need to find their own place to be psychic vampires. 

PSA: I don't really want them to leave if they do then I won't get to tell them how "lovely" their city and it's inhabitants are. I'd rather troll Bills fans here than my fellow Jets family. As I said I lived there for far too long and I am a UB Alum ....Two of my best friends are Buffalo scum buckets and I love them more than they deserve and that love goes both ways. They call me Jersey Mike even though I have never lived in Jersey and refer to the Jets as the Jersey Jets because the Bills are the "Only NY Team" even though they are practically in Canada. May we all wallow in misery together until the end of time.

Well I made a post 2 days ago talking about the Jets O-line and admitted i was a bills fan in it.

Besides that, I come to this forum because you guys are the most entertaining division rival.

1. The Pats forums are always talking about how to get a first round bye and won't entertain anybody else winning the division. Right now Pats fans are in depression and that is no fun.

2. The Dolphins fanbase is pretty dry and last year they were dead inside trying to tank.

3. While I like my Bills, I don't like being in a echo chamber where everybody agrees with me. I'd rather debate instead of people agreeing with me blindly. 

Theganggreen is pretty dead so that brings me to Jetnation. I have been lurking both forums for years and also your subreddit. You guys care, but have enough self hate to make it fun. You aren't cocky like the Pats but you also aren't a dead fish. It also helps that our franchises are in similar situations so you guys are somewhat relatable.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

10-6/11-5 on a super easy schedule. The Bills and the rest of the division won’t be trodding easy street this season. With the AFC East’s 2020 schedule, good chance New England wins the division yet again while the remainder miss the playoffs altogether. (Which of course will somehow convince the Johnson idiots ‘to retain Gase as the Jets are headed in the right direction.’ Pathetic how Chris was virtually gushing over his team upon the season’s conclusion in Buffalo). 

Yes the Bills schedule was easy but they also showed they could go h2h with the top teams in the AFC.

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

I think as a fan you have to be positive because being miserable makes it no even worth it.  Look I’m not making any proclamations but I do feel good about our future.  Even last year we really got bit by the injury bug in a major way.  Maybe things would have been different maybe not.  But I am hopeful 

Being miserable makes it not even worth it..... unless you are sick.... I am sick and I can't be hurt if I'm already dead inside.

But it would be cool to see some winning football for a change of pace.

If it doesn't happen I'll just have to enjoy the flames par usual.

39 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Well I made a post 2 days ago talking about the Jets O-line and admitted i was a Jets fan in it.

Besides that, I come to this forum because you guys are the most entertaining division rival.

1. The Pats forums are always talking about how to get a first round bye and won't entertain anybody else winning the division. Right now Pats fans are in depression and that is no fun.

2. The Dolphins fanbase is pretty dry and last year they were dead inside trying to tank.

3. While I like my Bills, I don't like being in a echo chamber where everybody agrees with me. I'd rather debate instead of people agreeing with me blindly. 

Theganggreen is pretty dead so that brings me to Jetnation. I have been lurking both forums for years and also your subreddit. You guys care, but have enough self hate to make it fun. You aren't cocky like the Pats but you also aren't a dead fish. It also helps that our franchises are in similar situations so you guys are somewhat relatable.

I like you already.... 

Couple of counterpoints .... well one counterpoint one question...

1: Pat's Fans depression not fun..... But but but we can collect their tears in buckets and waterboard them with those tears.... That's fun.

2: Admitted Jets Fandom or Bills Fandom .... Above you say Jets.....  Is it Both? How does that work.... I thought having both sets of functional parts was near impossible. When watching a Jets Vs  Bills game does it feel good or just awkward?

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Wow! That would suck! Very good receiver to go along with Diggs and Hollywood. Hoping Allen fails to develop his accuracy issues. Imagine when he’s out of the pocket allowing those receivers to break off routes and “Go Long”!

Bills remind me an awful lot of us in 2009 & 10.  Bringing in vets like Holmes, Edwards, LT.  Building a strong team around a young QB.  Tanny put all his chips on the table, went all in trying to win it and fell a little short. 

Advantage the  Bills have is that the Division is in play this year, which it never really was for us.   

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Yes the Bills schedule was easy but they also showed they could go h2h with the top teams in the AFC.

Excuse me?  Who?

In the Josh Allen era, the only team with a winning record that the Buffalo Bills have beaten are the Tennessee Titans and they went 9-7 both seasons.

In fact, in the Sean McDermott era, same thing.

The Bills are good at beating just enough scrubs in a season with an easy schedule to eke out a wildcard.  Definitely a good thing, an important step forward.  But it doesn't mean they are a good team.  If the Jets weren't ill and injured last season, we'd have taken their wildcard spot at 10-6 while they were 9-7. 

SAR I

20 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Wow! That would suck! Very good receiver to go along with Diggs and Hollywood. Hoping Allen fails to develop his accuracy issues. Imagine when he’s out of the pocket allowing those receivers to break off routes and “Go Long”!

This is awesome.  Another expensive headcase going to Buffalo.

The guy the Bills should have targeted?  Tom Brady.  He's the guy they need.  So long as Josh Allen is their QB, sleep easy Jets fans.  The division is ours.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Bills remind me an awful lot of us in 2009 & 10.  Bringing in vets like Holmes, Edwards, LT.  Building a strong team around a young QB.  Tanny put all his chips on the table, went all in trying to win it and fell a little short. 

Advantage the  Bills have is that the Division is in play this year, which it never really was for us.   

No, the disadvantage is the Bills don't have a quarterback.  Say what you will about Mark Sanchez, but the guy beat teams with winning records, the guy elevated his game against the best competition, the guy led 5 epic 4th quarter comebacks in one season, the guy won 4 playoff games all on the road in his first two seasons.

Josh Allen?  He's no Mark Sanchez.  He's Geno Smith with better wheels.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

I like you already.... 

Couple of counterpoints .... well one counterpoint one question...

1: Pat's Fans depression not fun..... But but but we can collect their tears in buckets and waterboard them with those tears.... That's fun.

2: Admitted Jets Fandom or Bills Fandom .... Above you say Jets.....  Is it Both? How does that work.... I thought having both sets of functional parts was near impossible. When watching a Jets Vs  Bills game does it feel good or just awkward?

My mistake I meant Bills fan. I hate you guys lol.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I mean, if Sanchez didn't suck so badly, maybe the division could have been in play for us in 2010.  4 of our 5 losses were very winnable games.  

The Bills have a great defense and that’s where it ends.

I’m not envious of any other unit on that team.

I was a bigger Josh Allen fan than most, preferred him over Mayfield. But his accuracy issues are very real and they’re probably never going away.

He’ll drop your jaw one play, delivering a frozen rope 40+ yards downfield right on the money. And then the next play, he’s sailing a screen pass 5 feet over his RB’s head.

He’s Cam Newton 

And like Cam and the Panthers, the Bills will dick around with Allen for the better part of a decade before realizing that they need to move on.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

The Bills have a great defense and that’s where it ends.

I’m not envious of any other unit on that team.

I was a bigger Josh Allen fan than most, preferred him over Mayfield. But his accuracy issues are very real and they’re probably never going away.

He’ll drop your jaw one play, delivering a frozen rope 40+ yards downfield right on the money. And then the next play, he’s sailing a screen pass 5 feet over his RB’s head.

He’s Cam Newton 

And like Cam and the Panthers, the Bills will dick around with Allen for the better part of a decade before realizing that they need to move on.

He's a more mobile version but less accurate version of Cam.  

Cam had a 59.6 career comp % with peak years of 67.9 and 61.7.  Allen can only dream of hitting 60 % with any consistency.  

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

This is awesome.  Another expensive headcase going to Buffalo.

The guy the Bills should have targeted?  Tom Brady.  He's the guy they need.  So long as Josh Allen is their QB, sleep easy Jets fans.  The division is ours.

SAR I

I hope you finally get one right with this projection!!dead poets society GIF

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Excuse me?  Who?

In the Josh Allen era, the only team with a winning record that the Buffalo Bills have beaten are the Tennessee Titans and they went 9-7 both seasons.

In fact, in the Sean McDermott era, same thing.

The Bills are good at beating just enough scrubs in a season with an easy schedule to eke out a wildcard.  Definitely a good thing, an important step forward.  But it doesn't mean they are a good team.  If the Jets weren't ill and injured last season, we'd have taken their wildcard spot at 10-6 while they were 9-7. 

SAR I

In fact, you are wrong.

In the Sean Mcdermott era the Bills beat the Falcons (10-6), and Chiefs (10-6) in 2017. In 2018 they beat the Vikings (8-7-1), and (9-7) Titans. In 2019

The Bills played the Ravens, Pats 2x and the Texans to the last possession last year. They beat the Titans. The only top AFC team they didn't play was the Chiefs.

On 3/17/2020 at 9:36 AM, kmnj said:

the bills have built themselves a nice team and added a great weapon in diggs for allen-they have a great young foundation and their future looks bright.

Jets have not had a great draft since parcells but they need one this year to have any hope-the rest of the afc is getting better but not the jets. We finally see the end of the brady run and now the bills will be the team the jets cant beat

chip n dale eating GIF
Jets be all like....

On 3/17/2020 at 8:36 AM, kmnj said:

the bills have built themselves a nice team and added a great weapon in diggs for allen-they have a great young foundation and their future looks bright.

Jets have not had a great draft since parcells but they need one this year to have any hope-the rest of the afc is getting better but not the jets. We finally see the end of the brady run and now the bills will be the team the jets cant beat

Since Parcells? You mean since the four 1st rounders? Or you mean he f*cked up the opportunity to draft Manning?

Yeah, Parcells can suck my hakuna matata.

35 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

Since Parcells? You mean since the four 1st rounders? Or you mean he f*cked up the opportunity to draft Manning?

Yeah, Parcells can suck my hakuna matata.

I'm mostly positive on the Parcells era  ... the only reason he cost of Manning though is because he wouldn't commit to staying our HC ... if Parcells wasn't here Daddy Manning wanted nothing to do with the NYJ

his arrogance of trying to manhandle cheating bill Belichick to remain under him as HC with Parcells still on & reaping all of the glory and accolades as the GM ... as well as his poor performance as a GM in general I hold Parcells accountable for and a big negative on his legacy 

The Bills are going beat the Jets like a rug this year.  

Only when Josh Allen gets paid and they have to trim players will the Jets have a chance, with good drafts, to beat them.

The Bills and the Pegulas were in Johnson jokeland.  They hired well and got it together.  Hopefully with JD the Jets are doing the same thing.  

• Like 1

Just now, varjet said:

The Bills are going beat the Jets like a rug this year.  

Only when Josh Allen gets paid and they have to trim players will the Jets have a chance, with good drafts, to beat them.

The Bills and the Pegulas were in Johnson jokeland.  They hired well and got it together.  Hopefully with JD the Jets are doing the same thing.  

Exactly. I remember thinking back on Opening Day of the '18 season, we were mirror images of each other talent wise. 

Just think for a minute about those QBs taken in the 1st round of the '18 draft, and forget what you think of each individually as a player. Look at the talent their teams have put around Allen, Mayfield and Jackson. Then look at where the Jets are right now, and what they've done for Darnold. It's a shame. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, if Sanchez didn't suck so badly, maybe the division could have been in play for us in 2010.  4 of our 5 losses were very winnable games.  

LOL.  Sanchez won 5 games by himself with 4th quarter comebacks against the Lions, Broncos, Texans, Browns, and Steelers.  That 11-5 is 6-10 without Mark Sanchez.  

SAR I