bills have a great core now

kmnj

7 hours ago, hamat711 said:

In fact, you are wrong.

In the Sean Mcdermott era the Bills beat the Falcons (10-6), and Chiefs (10-6) in 2017. In 2018 they beat the Vikings (8-7-1), and (9-7) Titans. In 2019

The Bills played the Ravens, Pats 2x and the Texans to the last possession last year. They beat the Titans. The only top AFC team they didn't play was the Chiefs.

So?  Look, you seem to be a good guy, perhaps even have some teeth unlike the other Bills trolls, so let me give you some knowledge from decades of experience in this specific area:

You don’t have a quarterback.  Spend your time in Bills forums and on social media trying to convince your ownership.  It’s your only hope.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

The Bills are going beat the Jets like a rug this year.  

Only when Josh Allen gets paid and they have to trim players will the Jets have a chance, with good drafts, to beat them.

The Bills and the Pegulas were in Johnson jokeland.  They hired well and got it together.  Hopefully with JD the Jets are doing the same thing.  

We beat the Bills twice completely ill and injured.  When we’re heathy?  They’re the one team I don’t worry about.  

SAR I

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Just think for a minute about those QBs taken in the 1st round of the '18 draft, and forget what you think of each individually as a player. Look at the talent their teams have put around Allen, Mayfield and Jackson. Then look at where the Jets are right now, and what they've done for Darnold. It's a shame. 

It’s a shame, but it’s also incredibly encouraging.  Shows just how good Sam Darnold actually is.  

SAR I

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Exactly. I remember thinking back on Opening Day of the '18 season, we were mirror images of each other talent wise. 

Just think for a minute about those QBs taken in the 1st round of the '18 draft, and forget what you think of each individually as a player. Look at the talent their teams have put around Allen, Mayfield and Jackson. Then look at where the Jets are right now, and what they've done for Darnold. It's a shame. 

I just realized the Jets have the worst offensive personnel in the league right now. 

Jamison Crowder is the only decent WR on the roster. Quincy can't stay healthy and is likely done.

McGovern is the only starting caliber lineman on the team and he isn't special. Alex Lewis is fine as a backup. George Fant is not a reliable option at Tackle.

10 hours ago, hamat711 said:

I just realized the Jets have the worst offensive personnel in the league right now. 

Yet that same offensive personnel finished the season 6-2 whilst missing 5+ starters, almost all of whom we get back this year.

You don't need to troll Jets fans; you need to plead to Bills fans:  You need a quarterback.  Nothing else works without the quarterback.

SAR I

On 3/17/2020 at 10:05 AM, slimjasi said:

Yeah, I don't see the Bills hype. 

It's not like they were 14-2 last year. They won three more games than us with no major injuries playing against the same weak schedule we did and they lost to almost every winning team they played. Diggs is a nice player and their offense should be better, but their defense is likely to slightly regress and it remains to be seen whether or not Allen can become accurate/consistent/good enough to turn them into a perennial contender. 

We'll see. I see them as a team with a legit shot to win the division, but I think several teams can win the division. 

Several? LOL. There are only three other teams. So basically anybody can win the division.

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

We beat the Bills twice completely ill and injured.  When we’re heathy?  They’re the one team I don’t worry about.  

SAR I

Don't get me wrong.  I love the Jets and hope they beat the Bills.  I am just not seeing it.

I like what JD is doing but he is playing the long-game, which is a shock to those watching the Johnsons over the past 20 years.   If JD basically mortgaged the Farm to win in 2020, I would like them better against the Bills.  The Bills are 2-3 years ahead of the Jets in overall roster building.  

I am with you on Josh Allen.   I really think the Bills, Titans and Chiefs will be AFC playoff teams this year.   When Josh Allen asks for a big contract and the Bills need to lose talent, they go kaput, like the Panthers.  

The Bills already traded draft picks for Diggs, a final piece to their puzzle.  That will hurt them later.  

But you ask yourself two questions:  

1-Who on the Jets is covering Diggs?

2-What WR on the Jets is getting open against the Bills CBs?

That is actually why, in this draft, the call should be drafting Henderson/CB and WRs and OL later.  

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Good post.  Answers:

Diggs doesn't need to be neutralized because Allen can't get him the ball.  He's an inaccurate passer prone to deception.  Hello Gregg Williams.  A nice sneaky zone will do the trick.

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Bell (short), Crowder (mid), Anderson (deep), and one of the WR's from this WR-deep draft.  What hurts the Bills WR's is what helps the Jets WR's; we have a franchise quarterback.  We have the next Aaron Rodgers.  They have RG4.  Don't worry about the Bills; worry about the Patriots.  Belichick will still put a big D on the field.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Yet that same offensive personnel finished the season 6-2 whilst missing 5+ starters, almost all of whom we get back this year.

You don't need to troll Jets fans; you need to plead to Bills fans:  You need a quarterback.  Nothing else works without the quarterback.

SAR I

Your defense carried you to those wins vs a cupcake schedule. Also the offense is much worse on paper

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Good post.  Answers:

Diggs doesn't need to be neutralized because Allen can't get him the ball.  He's an inaccurate passer prone to deception.  Hello Gregg Williams.  A nice sneaky zone will do the trick.

Bell (short), Crowder (mid), Anderson (deep), and one of the WR's from this WR-deep draft.  What hurts the Bills WR's is what helps the Jets WR's; we have a franchise quarterback.  We have the next Aaron Rodgers.  They have RG4.  Don't worry about the Bills; worry about the Patriots.  Belichick will still put a big D on the field.

SAR I

John Brown and Cole Beasley had career years under Josh Allen despite each of them missing a game. 

John Brown had 123 yards vs the Jets.

Sam Darnold averaged 187 yards, 4.9 YPA and 1 TD vs the Bills. One of those games, the Bills were using backups and even had their WR playing CB.

Also Anderson is not signed, and you may not even go WR with the holes you have at edge and CB.

59 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Your defense carried you to those wins vs a cupcake schedule. Also the offense is much worse on paper

billsschedule.jpg

Cupcake schedule!

Just about the funniest thing I've ever heard from a Bills fan, a team that beat 1 decent opponent all season before finishing out the year 1-4 with a playoff humiliation.  Follow the yellow lines.  Bills were 1-5 against winning teams, boy, you should feel really great about next season. 

Ah, but you were 9-2 against the losers.  The Buffalo Bills are the King Of The Nerds.  That kid in high school that wasn't cool, didn't hang with the popular kids or the athletes, but somehow became the leader of all the snot-nosed dorks at the loser table.  And as a fan of another loser at that same table, let me be the first to tell you, it's nothing to be proud of. 

SAR I

1 hour ago, hamat711 said:

John Brown and Cole Beasley had career years under Josh Allen despite each of them missing a game. 

John Brown had 123 yards vs the Jets.

Sam Darnold averaged 187 yards, 4.9 YPA and 1 TD vs the Bills. One of those games, the Bills were using backups and even had their WR playing CB.

Also Anderson is not signed, and you may not even go WR with the holes you have at edge and CB.

You don't need to concern yourself with Jets fans.  We have the #1 quarterback in the division.  Covers up a lot of sins and offensive weaknesses.  If there is one thing that Sam Darnold proved last year is that he can thrive behind a high school line throwing to a set of XFL receivers.  Imagine what he'll look like when we draft a few stud WR's and get Herndon and Anderson back behind a rebuilt OL not ravaged by injuries.

You need to concern yourself with the Bills.  You need a quarterback.  Odds are after the draft you'll have the #4 quarterback in the division.  You should have traded up to get Sam Darnold.  You didn't.  So you lose, we win.

SAR I

• WTF? 1

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

So?  Look, you seem to be a good guy, perhaps even have some teeth unlike the other Bills trolls, so let me give you some knowledge from decades of experience in this specific area:

You don’t have a quarterback.  Spend your time in Bills forums and on social media trying to convince your ownership.  It’s your only hope.  

SAR I

I love the jets man but this is pretty delusional...

Allen reminds me of a young Elway.

Both were notable pitching prospects in high school 

Both are extremely mobile

Both were on bad college teams carried by the qb

Both are from California 

Both are very dangerous off schedule 

And both showed a clutch gene early...

My biggest issue with Allen is he can be erratic sometimes and just had these brain farts once in a while. But that's expected from all young QBs their first few years. ( the inaccuracy narrative is false btw)

I love Sam and think him and and Josh are different skill sets. Sam is more refined and is more in tune with working in a system and being extremely efficient. A more athletic troy aikman kinda. Which made maccagnan ignoring the oline that much more stupid but whatever 

But what Allen has done is imo still not close to what he really could be. You can be a fan of both. Dont be so insecure 

Their rivalry reminds me of Marino vs Kelly. 

7 hours ago, varjet said:

Don't get me wrong.  I love the Jets and hope they beat the Bills.  I am just not seeing it.

I like what JD is doing but he is playing the long-game, which is a shock to those watching the Johnsons over the past 20 years.   If JD basically mortgaged the Farm to win in 2020, I would like them better against the Bills.  The Bills are 2-3 years ahead of the Jets in overall roster building.  

I am with you on Josh Allen.   I really think the Bills, Titans and Chiefs will be AFC playoff teams this year.   When Josh Allen asks for a big contract and the Bills need to lose talent, they go kaput, like the Panthers.  

The Bills already traded draft picks for Diggs, a final piece to their puzzle.  That will hurt them later.  

That is actually why, in this draft, the call should be drafting Henderson/CB and WRs and OL later.  

1. Austin

2. Robby(if we’re smart)/Crowder/Herndon

You guys are overrating the hell out of the bills 

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

1. Austin

2. Robby(if we’re smart)/Crowder/Herndon

You guys are overrating the hell out of the bills 

The jets will be fine as long as we attack the oline ( like with 2 out of our first 3 picks) like the Bill's did last year. Never understood the bell contract before fixing the oline first. Buffalo of course was smart and picked a cheap rb in the 3rd rd in Singletary who looks like Thurman thomas for crying out loud 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

The jets will be fine as long as we attack the oline ( like with 2 out of our first 3 picks) like the Bill's did last year. Never understood the bell contract before fixing the oline first. Buffalo of course was smart and picked a cheap rb in the 3rd rd in Singletary who looks like Thurman thomas for crying out loud 

The bills are 9-7 or 10-6 at best.  I don’t get the hype

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The bills are 9-7 or 10-6 at best.  I don’t get the hype

I don't think they are the 2nd coming of the 92 cowboys but they really could be the 91 cowboys... ( a year away)...they are loaded at every level on both sides and now they enter the depth stage of their rebuild...

If there front office nails the draft again they may not be the best team but the deepest. Which was how Dallas became so dominant in the early 90s. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Testaverde98 said:

I don't think they are the 2nd coming of the 92 cowboys but they really could be the 91 cowboys... ( a year away)...they are loaded at every level on both sides and now they enter the depth stage of their rebuild...

If there front office nails the draft again they may not be the best team but the deepest. Which was how Dallas became so dominant in the early 90s. 

Would be funny if the bills became the 2019 Browns

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’m gonna love it when they miss the playoffs 

I’m gonna jizz almost as hard as when Baker got exposed 

I hope so. But I live in reality. If they draft the way they've been drafting its gonna be tough. Their front 7 is the most athletic I've seen since the 90s bucs or early 90s cowboys...They have a young qb that is very talented but still raw in some areas.

Darnold is our hope right now and like I said, we just get to avg oline play we will be competitive 

I can see darnold vs Allen being epic this season. 

7 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

I hope so. But I live in reality. If they draft the way they've been drafting its gonna be tough. Their front 7 is the most athletic I've seen since the 90s bucs or early 90s cowboys...They have a young qb that is very talented but still raw in some areas.

Darnold is our hope right now and like I said, we just get to avg oline play we will be competitive 

I can see darnold vs Allen being epic this season. 

Yeah and people were saying the same stuff about the Browns last summer predicting them to go to the super bowl with all the sexy additions 

The QB matters.  I’m not even an Allen hater but I acknowledge how limited he is as a passer plus I think that playoff game has a chance to wreck his psyche

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Yeah and people were saying the same stuff about the Browns last summer predicting them to go to the super bowl with all the sexy additions 

The QB matters.  I’m not even an Allen hater but I acknowledge how limited he is as a passer plus I think that playoff game has a chance to wreck his psyche

If you think Allen is limited as a passer or his mental toughness is an issue I'm just not sure what you're looking at or even reading... hes young and is erratic sometimes but his talent is undeniable. 

Some of his throws in his 1st playoff game were ridiculously good. Hes got to be more consistent tho I agree. To me hes between cam newton ( low) & John Elway ( high) for his ceiling 

I'd still rather have darnold but much like Marino vs Kelly,  the Bills put a much better team around Kelly and well we all know what happened 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

Maccagnan obviously set us back and I have little faith in gase. I'm a glass half full guy and darnold may bail out gase because hes so talented 

To be fair having to trade 3 second round picks to move up and get Darnold really set the rebuild back. Those draft picks could have addressed some major needs. Not Sams fault, but it is what it is. 

That said McCagnan really compounded things by completely whiffing in last years free agency/draft with regards to putting pieces around Sam. 

As a result the Jets are now pretty much forced to rebuild a baron offense from scratch in Darnold 3rd year. Not how you draw it up. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, GeorgeJetson said:

To be fair having to trade 3 second round picks to move up and get Darnold really set the rebuild back. Those draft picks could have addressed some major needs. Not Sams fault, but it is what it is. 

That said McCagnan really compounded things by completely whiffing in last years free agency/draft with regards to putting pieces around Sam. 

As a result the Jets are now pretty much forced to rebuild a baron offense from scratch in Darnold 3rd year. Not how you draw it up. 

To me I had no issue with that move. Getting in the top 3 guaranteed us darnold, Baker or Allen. 

I had no issue getting the qb 1st. The Bill's did the same thing.  What buffalo did in Allen's 2nd year is sign 6 OFFENSIVE LINEMAN...and then drafted cody Ford rd 2... they had so much depth on the oline they traded bodine and teller for stefon Diggs basically. That's incredible foresight and a gm mastering value 

There front office " gets it". Hopefully Douglass does that this year

• Upvote 3

On 3/17/2020 at 9:36 AM, kmnj said:

the bills have built themselves a nice team and added a great weapon in diggs for allen-they have a great young foundation and their future looks bright.

Jets have not had a great draft since parcells but they need one this year to have any hope-the rest of the afc is getting better but not the jets. We finally see the end of the brady run and now the bills will be the team the jets cant beat

cary elwes laughing GIF

the bills have built themselves a nice team and added a great weapon in diggs for allen-they have a great young foundation and their future looks bright.
Jets have not had a great draft since parcells but they need one this year to have any hope-the rest of the afc is getting better but not the jets. We finally see the end of the brady run and now the bills will be the team the jets cant beat

They have done a great job other than at QB. Unfortunately for them, that is the most important part of the puzzle.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • WTF? 1