Everybody is building around their young QB except the Jets.

In the last two years, every team that has drafted a QB has tried to make significant improvements to their offensive personnel besides the Jets.

Ravens and Lamar Jackson - Orlando Brown, Marquise Brown, Mark Andrews, Mark Ingram, Hayden Hurst. They also had two good O-Line players before he was drafted

Browns and Baker Mayfield - Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb, Austin Hooper, Antonio Callaway, Kareem Hunt, and Jack Conklin. They also had two good O-line players in place and traded a pick for Wyatt Teller.

Buffalo and Josh Allen - Stefon Diggs, John Brown, Cole Beasley, Dawson Knox, Devin Singletary, Cody Ford, Quinton Spain, and Mitch Morse. They also signed a bunch of O-linemen.

Texans and Deshaun Watson - Tytus Howard, Jaremy Tunsil, Kenny Still, Will Fuller, Randall Cobb, Keke Coutee, Duke Johnson, and Carlos Hyde. They are still dumb for getting rid of Hopkins but Watson still has decent talent around him.

Bears and Mitch Trubisky - Allen Robinson, Tarik Cohen, David Montgomery, Jordan Howard Anthony Miller, Riley Ridley Taylor Gabriel,  Jimmy Graham, Trey Burton, and Adam Shaheen. A lot of whiffs here but at least they tried.

Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes - Despite being drafted to a stacked offense, they still invested in Mecole Hardman, Sammy Watkins, Damien Williams and they also made sure to resign key players.

Jets and Sam Darnold - Le'veon Bell, Jamison Crowder, Josh Doctson, Christopher Herndon and George Fant..................................... Meanwhile, the entire offense is a mess. The O-line has to be rebuilt from scratch and Darnold's WRs are getting worse.

-

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

There’s still plenty of time and players available in free agency and the draft.

Belichick did what he always did, destroyed us. Thuney was ready to sign and he slapped the tag on him.

I’m happy we didnt over pay for a corner, or give up a boatload of picks for Diggs. 

But yeah, we need to start signing a couple of wr’s and ol at decent deals before time runs out.

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Yup. I have no idea what Gase and Joe D are doing. It's still early but some of the best players are already off the board. They can't blame Macc anymore. They have money to spend and there are players who can help that are available. 

Very simple to what they are doing. They are going to spread out the money to fill as many holes as they can and then ( and here's the tough bit) draft to fill others. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Very simple to what they are doing. They are going to spread out the money to fill as many holes as they can and then ( and here's the tough bit) draft to fill others. 

Wake me up when they start doing that because outside of Fant (a fringe starter at best) they haven't done anything.

The draft is great but let's not pretend we are going to find 5,6, or 7 players in this upcoming draft who are going to be able to start for us and play well. That's a pipe dream.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Perhaps, but filling holes with JAGS just to say you filled holes is a sure fire losing strategy.  You can't roll the dice on a FA or get C  level players across the board and expect to put a competitive team on the field.  This strategy also means that there is zero margin for error in the draft.  Every early round pick needs to produce a productive day 1 starter.

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Wake me up when they start doing that because outside of Fant (a fringe starter at best) they haven't done anything.

The draft is great but let's not pretend we are going to find 5,6, or 7 players in this upcoming draft who are going to be able to start for us and play well. That's a pipe dream.

Maybe the fact that it has been ONE DAY has something to do with that. 

I agree they likely arent going to find 5 or 6 starters in a draft. This is going to take him some time if he wants to do it right. Sorry but that's the way it is. 

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

Perhaps, but filling holes with JAGS just to say you filled holes is a sure fire losing strategy.  You can't roll the dice on a FA or get C  level players across the board and expect to put a competitive team on the field.  This strategy also means that there is zero margin for error in the draft.  Every early round pick needs to produce a productive day 1 starter.

How many wins did they have last year?

12 minutes ago, British Jet said:

Unnecessary thread is unnecessary.

P.S. You forgot Robby Anderson, Demaryius Thomas, Bilal Powell, Ryan Griffin etc whilst practically listing entire depth charts elsewhere, but you do what you need to do to suit a narrative.

Ryan Griffin is the only one of the group I missed. Demaryius was a non-factor and Bilal was drafted before 2018.

26 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

In the last two years, every team that has drafted a QB has tried to make significant improvements to their offensive personnel besides the Jets.

Ravens and Lamar Jackson - Orlando Brown, Marquise Brown, Mark Andrews, Mark Ingram, Hayden Hurst. They also had two good O-Line players before he was drafted

Browns and Baker Mayfield - Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb, Austin Hooper, Antonio Callaway, Kareem Hunt, and Jack Conklin. They also had two good O-line players in place and traded a pick for Wyatt Teller.

Buffalo and Josh Allen - Stefon Diggs, John Brown, Cole Beasley, Dawson Knox, Devin Singletary, Cody Ford, Quinton Spain, and Mitch Morse. They also signed a bunch of O-linemen.

Texans and Deshaun Watson - Tytus Howard, Jaremy Tunsil, Kenny Still, Will Fuller, Randall Cobb, Keke Coutee, Duke Johnson, and Carlos Hyde. They are still dumb for getting rid of Hopkins but Watson still has decent talent around him.

Bears and Mitch Trubisky - Allen Robinson, Tarik Cohen, David Montgomery, Jordan Howard Anthony Miller, Riley Ridley Taylor Gabriel,  Jimmy Graham, Trey Burton, and Adam Shaheen. A lot of whiffs here but at least they tried.

Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes - Despite being drafted to a stacked offense, they still invested in Mecole Hardman, Sammy Watkins, Damien Williams and they also made sure to resign key players.

Jets and Sam Darnold - Le'veon Bell, Jamison Crowder, Josh Doctson, Christopher Herndon and George Fant..................................... Meanwhile, the entire offense is a mess. The O-line has to be rebuilt from scratch and Darnold's WRs are getting worse.

-

Such a troll.... Are you a Bills fan?

You need to start building before adding the QB, not after.  If you start after you get him he gets killed and sometimes ruined.

Mike McCagnan watched his happened with Carr when he was in houston and proceeded to do the same thing with the jets.

In the end no one should forget the team is a full year of draft and Fa behind because Chris johsnon utterly failed when he did not remove mccagnan when he removed the coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Maybe the fact that it has been ONE DAY has something to do with that. 

I agree they likely arent going to find 5 or 6 starters in a draft. This is going to take him some time if he wants to do it right. Sorry but that's the way it is. 

It has only been one day and tons of players have already agreed to terms with new teams. The Bills found 4 new starters on the O-Line and 2 new receivers for their QB to throw the ball to last off season.

When you say "this is going to take him some time", you do realize that if Sam Darnold is any good, we are going to have to sign him to a massive contract in the not to distant future right? Nowis the time to load up and surround him with talent. We should be aggressive in Free Agency. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

-

The off season started just 22 hours ago. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It has only been one day and tons of players have already agreed to terms with new teams. The Bills found 4 new starters on the O-Line and 2 new receivers for their QB to throw the ball to last off season.

When you say "this is going to take him some time", you do realize that if Sam Darnold is any good, we are going to have to sign him to a massive contract in the not to distant future right? Now is the time to load up and surround him with talent. We should be aggressive in Free Agency. 

Yes and the salary cap keeps going up. 

Aggression in FA leads to overpays. You should only be aggressive in FA if you are close or you have a ton of resources. 

The Jets have neither

• Upvote 1

Yes and the salary cap keeps going up. 

Aggression in FA leads to overpays. You can only be aggressive in FA if you are close or you have a ton of resources. 

You have to sometimes overpay players to build something good. I'm totally ok with this team overpaying for some good offensive lineman who can anchor our o-line while at the same time we hopefully draft some other guys on the line who can develop and be long term answers for us there. Just my opinion. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

You have to sometimes overpay players to build something good. I'm totally ok with this team overpaying for some good offensive lineman who can anchor our o-line while at the same time we hopefully draft some other guys on the line who can develop and be long term answers for us there. Just my opinion. 

When? I can't think of a rebuild that began with a FA signing. MAybe Reggie White, but that was the first year of FA. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

I am but what did I say wrong?

Figures... A Bills fan starting 10-15 threads a day talking about how bad the Jets are at FA... JD has a process and so far I like the fact he isn't going wild spending wrecklessly like past regimes... I have to wait to see the whole package of offseason before I decide how he is doing... being premature 1 day into FA is asinine and overblown... every single one of the teams that 'won' the offseason in the legal tampering period last year didn't get them to the superbowl or even close.. So yah... Bills and Miami are 'Winning' the headlines... but that isn't going to translate to wins 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

41 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Letting one of the best WRs in the game go for 40cents on a dollar is building around your QB?

• Upvote 2

When? I can't think of a rebuild that began with a FA signing. MAybe Reggie White, but that was the first year of FA. 

Haven't we been rebuilding for years? The rebuild started with the drafting of Sam Darnold (granted we switch regimes).

The Jets had a decent core of young players coming off a 4-12 season in 2007 and went out and splurged on Damian Woody, Alan Faneca, Calvin Pace, Tony Richardson, etc and built a window to win.