Tom Brady to sign with Bucs....supposedly

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I can and I will.  Bruce Arians needs a big arm for his system to work.  Mr. Dink-and-Dunk 43 year old doesn't fit the bill.  

I give you credit 80.

You are on here saying you know better than Arians who his QB should be.

You're oracling your a** off today, buddy!!!

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

The irony of Jets fans talking how Tampa and their terrible O-is a great fit for Brady because of all the weapons he'll have to throw to after preaching over and over about how Darnold needs to be protected and receivers are useless if the QB doesn't have enough time to throw.

Can't make this up lol

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I give you credit 80.

You are on here saying you know better than Arians who his QB should be.

You're oracling your a** off today, buddy!!!

Bruce Arians has a career 1-2 playoff record as a HC.  

And retread QB's rarely work out at their next stop.  Bruce should know this by now.  Especially one that has depended on institutional cheating for his whole career.

How about this one:  Name a player Bill Belichick let walk who went on to great success elsewhere.  

Wait here's another one...

Name a team Belichek won a championship with, or even took to the playoffs without Tom Brady.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

As expected all the media is falling all over themselves saying NE will take a step back and Bufflao is going to win the division.

Tom Brady was not good last year, he was especially lousy the 2nd half of the season.

Losing Brady is good for the pats not bad.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I can and I will.  Bruce Arians needs a big arm for his system to work.  Mr. Dink-and-Dunk 43 year old doesn't fit the bill.  

You certainly can but it doesnt make it true.  He has a reputation for working with his QBs not a prerequisite to have a cannon.

3 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

You certainly can but it doesnt make it true.  He has a reputation for working with his QBs not a prerequisite to have a cannon.

Jameis Winston and Carson Palmer (under Arians) account for 2 of the top 5 seasons this decade in Air Yards per Attempt.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Wait here's another one...

Name a team Belichek won a championship with, or even took to the playoffs without Tom Brady.

I'm stealing someone else's line here (I forget who said this or else I'd attribute it to them) but BB had all his success as a DC with the GOAT defensive player (Lawrence Taylor) and all of his success as a HC with the GOAT offensive player (in TB12).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jameis Winston and Carson Palmer (under Arians) account for 2 of the top 5 seasons this decade in Air Yards per Attempt.  

I have seen Jameis and tawmy play more than I wish I ever had.  they are polar opposites.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

I have seen Jameis and tawmy play more than I wish I ever had.  they are polar opposites.

Which is exactly what I'm arguing, lol.

Arians is going to have to completely change his system to account for the dinking and dunking that Brady is used to and capable of at this stage in his career.  If he does that, kudos.  But Mike Evans might not end up too happy about that.  

Arians is going to have to completely change his system to account for the dinking and dunking that Brady is used to and capable of at this stage in his career.  If he does that, kudos.  But Mike Evans might not end up too happy about that.  

Lets go get a f**king snack 80...

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not even close by his standards.  29 TD/16 INT over his 2 seasons there (244/123 in SF), under 7.0 YPA (7.6 with SF), and an 0-1 playoff record.  

An 0-1 playoff record?  He had 4 postseason games in 2 years, going 2-2 and taking them to the AFC championship game.  That 28-20 win over the Oilers in 1994 was an extremely impressive win btw.  The Oilers had a ferocious pass rush that year.

Also, the Chiefs won a division title in 1993 for the first time in 22 years.

image.png.f46dc1ab0907758dc716f9fa65482a18.png

image.png.632ef1f1deff3a496a4bb5bee1538242.png

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

gotcha :) evans, godwin and their TE dont seem like 1 trick ponies and arians has the xp to make those changes.  their oline isnt bad either, it really was winston and it bothers me to say it as a FSU fan.  was excited for him to get here but then you saw that he just doesnt make good decisions, all around, on the field and off.  sad to say. Went to a couple of games this year and bucs fans would say, if he doesnt throw over 2 pics this game we will win.  think about that.... as a fan you believe that if your qb can only throw 2 pics you can win... thats just sad.

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How did Joe Montana do in KC?  How about Namath with the Rams?

Went to the playoffs, won two playoff games and lost the conference championship game? 

But yes, it doesnt usually work out, won't in Tampa