jetstream23

New Yorkers are about to get a "Shelter in Place" order

NJ cant be too far behind.  Bergen County not looking good... 

45 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Bergen is a mess.  It will be the first county in which the hospitals get overwhelmed.  They are redesigning hospital floors to hold the Covid-19 patients.  Happening in all the hospitals.  Per Gov. Cuomo (NY), the greatest need for ICU beds will hit around April 30.  

I hope everyne realizes that we will be home-bound for months, not weeks.

The people that are infected now contracted the virus before all the new precautions went into place.   The median incubation period is about five days and symptoms can take up to 11 days to show up.  Given that, there *should* be a sharp decrease in the infection rate in about two weeks time if people take the restrictions seriously.  The end of April makes sense with respect to the peak number of people that will be exhibiting full blown symptoms and need medical services.  After that, things should start to get easier on the hospitals and heath services as long as people continue to follow the restrictions/precautions.  That is likely to be until September or so... 

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

the NFL will have some tough decisions to make.  Minicamp- Probably not Preseason practice.... when?  starting August?  I doubt it.  I can see all that starting earliest August but probably later.  If there is a season, it could be a shortened one or with a lot of rescheduling into spring, which I doubt.

I cant see them doing an team activities other than working out contracts via email and fax until September. If I had to guess, I would say a shortened season that starts with one or two preseason games in September or perhaps no pre season at all.  Go right into the regular schedule in September or October...

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Delay the season a month or so.  Nothing is happening in February anyway.  I'd love to have the NFL run right up to MLB Spring Training and even overlap it by a week or so.  I'm not a big dribble hoops fan so don't watch the NBA much until playoff time anyway.

A March 7th Super Bowl.....get onboard with me! lol

And move Super Bowl to a Saturday... Sucks going back to work the next day after all the festivities... Or even better, make a National Holiday on the Monday after the Super Bowl.  Call it National Sportsman's Day.  Trump likes to put his name on stuff.  What better than to be the prez that makes a new holiday that everyone would love ???

• Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company