jetstream23

New Yorkers are about to get a "Shelter in Place" order

Feel free to move but thought this was timely and important for our NY residents who have been coming here for a distraction from the news.  This one's important.

718384896_ScreenShot2020-03-17at11_42_46AM.thumb.png.231b00ad2b74d791d2ae689500670fef.png

New Yorkers should prepare for a “shelter-in-place” order in the coming days as local officials try to contain the fast-moving coronavirus that’s spreading throughout the U.S., New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said Tuesday, adding that a decision will be made in the next 48 hours.

“We are all deeply concerned ... this is quite clear this is a fast growing crisis,” he said at a press conference. “All New Yorkers, even though a decision has not been made by the city or the state, I think that all New Yorkers should be prepared right now for the possibility of a shelter-in-place order.”

There are now 814 confirmed cases in New York City, he said, adding that 248 are in Queens, 277 in Manhattan, 157 in Brooklyn, 96 in the Bronx and 36 in Staten Island. Seven people in the city have died so far, he said.

This is breaking news. Please check back for updates. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/17/new-yorkers-should-be-prepared-for-a-shelter-in-place-order-mayor-bill-de-blasio-says.html

10 minutes ago, KRL said:

Can we quickly move this.  I want a distraction from all this panic & fear 

Understood.  I posted it here simply because an order to stay in an apartment or current location is a physical limitation, not a "sense of panic" or thing to wonder about.  It's a policy.

31 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

How are they going to enforce this?   

NYPD will issue you a ticket.  Then you look down and realize it's actually a ticket to a Jets game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

OMG please behave.

Nah...she can be as bad as she wants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

Australians are way ahead of you.

Of course you are....you guys are the experts on what happens....Down Under.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Just want to stop it before it starts, the pictures are great but we just can't.

awkward high five GIF

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

The people that are infected now contracted the virus before all the new precautions went into place.   The median incubation period is about five days and symptoms can take up to 11 days to show up.  Given that, there *should* be a sharp decrease in the infection rate in about two weeks time if people take the restrictions seriously.  The end of April makes sense with respect to the peak number of people that will be exhibiting full blown symptoms and need medical services.  After that, things should start to get easier on the hospitals and heath services as long as people continue to follow the restrictions/precautions.  That is likely to be until September or so... 

So we'll all feel better about this situation right around the 1-year anniversary of Sam getting Mono. lol

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

the NFL will have some tough decisions to make.  Minicamp- Probably not Preseason practice.... when?  starting August?  I doubt it.  I can see all that starting earliest August but probably later.  If there is a season, it could be a shortened one or with a lot of rescheduling into spring, which I doubt.

Delay the season a month or so.  Nothing is happening in February anyway.  I'd love to have the NFL run right up to MLB Spring Training and even overlap it by a week or so.  I'm not a big dribble hoops fan so don't watch the NBA much until playoff time anyway.

A March 7th Super Bowl.....get onboard with me! lol

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

And move Super Bowl to a Saturday... Sucks going back to work the next day after all the festivities... Or even better, make a National Holiday on the Monday after the Super Bowl.  Call it National Sportsman's Day.  Trump likes to put his name on stuff.  What better than to be the prez that makes a new holiday that everyone would love ???

Ha!  He'd also want the trophy named after him instead of Lombardi.

But back to the topic, it will be very interesting to see how the NFL responds to all of this regarding mini-camps, etc.  (Fingers crossed) Hopefully we come out of this quasi-lockdown by the end of May and things can mostly get back to normal.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company