Jump to content
jetstream23

New Yorkers are about to get a "Shelter in Place" order

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, jetsons said:

VOMIT

Is this related to our FA?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"We hear New York City is going to quarantine itself. That is not true. That cannot happen," Cuomo said during a press conference. "It cannot happen legally. No city in the state can quarantine itself without state approval. And I have no interest whatsoever and no plan whatsoever to quarantine any city."

 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/politics/bill-de-blasio-andrew-cuomo-new-york-shelter-in-place-coronavirus-cnntv/index.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Did you meant NY Jets FA signing has been sheltered in place? 

See!!!! God works in mysterious ways!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KRL said:

Can we quickly move this.  I want a distraction from all this panic & fear 

giphy.gif

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

But...  How are JD and Gase going to get cupcakes?

Gase will be fine. He’s never left 1 Jets Drive since becoming coach except for games. He will continue to watch film 24/7 and get no sleep and never see his family as per usual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Keeping "minute" singular earned you the POTY rep from me.

yeah...  I'm definitely going to hell for that sh*t 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Notice that Cuomo used the term "quarantine" while de Blasio said "shelter in place". Probably different legal definitions requiring different sets of approvals while trying to achieve the same objective.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I gave laughing rep but part of me wonders if that really is the way they'll enforce this.

That would be "martial law" but I'm sure no one (democrat/socialist) wants to actually come out and use that term.

But then again Cuomo did already float the trial balloon by calling out the National Guard to surround New Rochelle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Crusher said:

OMG please behave.

What?  He asked for a distraction from all the COVID-19 panic.  You have a better alternative?😂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't imagine what it must have been like for peasants facing the bubonic plague to "shelter in place" without the internet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

What?  He asked for a distraction from all the COVID-19 panic.  You have a better alternative?😂

 

 

No. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Can't imagine what it must have been like for peasants facing the bubonic plague to "shelter in place" without the internet...

CX0S.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

OMG please behave.

Nah...she can be as bad as she wants.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, munchmemory said:

source.gif

She gotta be smuggling jello someplace.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

giphy.gif

@Jetsfan80 got a name ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

Australians are way ahead of you.

Of course you are....you guys are the experts on what happens....Down Under.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

@Maxman I feel like there are too many people posting on this thread.  This is unnecessarily risky behavior.  We really should try to keep each thread limited to 1 person or less, just to be safe.

Good point.

Each person should post five times in a row before the next person posts. It will up our post counts but it will also give us more room in between posters. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just want to stop it before it starts, the pictures are great but we just can't.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of now unemployed millenials fleeing the city based on what some friends are saying. Probably bringing thier asymptomatic Corona into the burbs home to mom and dad 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Just want to stop it before it starts, the pictures are great but we just can't.

awkward high five GIF

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Well, the Jets have been a leader here....a model.....they've been socially distancing themselves from all free agents.

 

17 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

omg you win the internet today.  

Absolutely.  P.O.T.W.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, THE BARON said:

NJ cant be too far behind.  Bergen County not looking good... 

Bergen is a mess.  It will be the first county in which the hospitals get overwhelmed.  They are redesigning hospital floors to hold the Covid-19 patients.  Happening in all the hospitals.  Per Gov. Cuomo (NY), the greatest need for ICU beds will hit around April 30.  

I hope everyne realizes that we will be home-bound for months, not weeks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Bergen is a mess.  It will be the first county in which the hospitals get overwhelmed.  They are redesigning hospital floors to hold the Covid-19 patients.  Happening in all the hospitals.  Per Gov. Cuomo (NY), the greatest need for ICU beds will hit around April 30.  

I hope everyne realizes that we will be home-bound for months, not weeks.

The people that are infected now contracted the virus before all the new precautions went into place.   The median incubation period is about five days and symptoms can take up to 11 days to show up.  Given that, there *should* be a sharp decrease in the infection rate in about two weeks time if people take the restrictions seriously.  The end of April makes sense with respect to the peak number of people that will be exhibiting full blown symptoms and need medical services.  After that, things should start to get easier on the hospitals and heath services as long as people continue to follow the restrictions/precautions.  That is likely to be until September or so... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

The people that are infected now contracted the virus before all the new precautions went into place.   The median incubation period is about five days and symptoms can take up to 11 days to show up.  Given that, there *should* be a sharp decrease in the infection rate in about two weeks time if people take the restrictions seriously.  The end of April makes sense with respect to the peak number of people that will be exhibiting full blown symptoms and need medical services.  After that, things should start to get easier on the hospitals and heath services as long as people continue to follow the restrictions/precautions.  That is likely to be until September or so... 

the NFL will have some tough decisions to make.  Minicamp- Probably not Preseason practice.... when?  starting August?  I doubt it.  I can see all that starting earliest August but probably later.  If there is a season, it could be a shortened one or with a lot of rescheduling into spring, which I doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

The people that are infected now contracted the virus before all the new precautions went into place.   The median incubation period is about five days and symptoms can take up to 11 days to show up.  Given that, there *should* be a sharp decrease in the infection rate in about two weeks time if people take the restrictions seriously.  The end of April makes sense with respect to the peak number of people that will be exhibiting full blown symptoms and need medical services.  After that, things should start to get easier on the hospitals and heath services as long as people continue to follow the restrictions/precautions.  That is likely to be until September or so... 

So we'll all feel better about this situation right around the 1-year anniversary of Sam getting Mono. lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

the NFL will have some tough decisions to make.  Minicamp- Probably not Preseason practice.... when?  starting August?  I doubt it.  I can see all that starting earliest August but probably later.  If there is a season, it could be a shortened one or with a lot of rescheduling into spring, which I doubt.

I cant see them doing an team activities other than working out contracts via email and fax until September. If I had to guess, I would say a shortened season that starts with one or two preseason games in September or perhaps no pre season at all.  Go right into the regular schedule in September or October...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

the NFL will have some tough decisions to make.  Minicamp- Probably not Preseason practice.... when?  starting August?  I doubt it.  I can see all that starting earliest August but probably later.  If there is a season, it could be a shortened one or with a lot of rescheduling into spring, which I doubt.

Delay the season a month or so.  Nothing is happening in February anyway.  I'd love to have the NFL run right up to MLB Spring Training and even overlap it by a week or so.  I'm not a big dribble hoops fan so don't watch the NBA much until playoff time anyway.

A March 7th Super Bowl.....get onboard with me! lol

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...