Jets Re-sign Alex Lewis

Lith

Lewis is a nice signing.  Was good to bring him back.  But that said, he is the kind of guy that you hope gets beaten out in camp by a draft pick, but its nice to know that you have him as a competent vet starter for a year or two if a guy you draft is not ready.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Good move.  I know fans are upset from last night but I think it’s clear JD wants to build the OL through the draft and not give big deals to OL which I get 

Thus far his goal has been to sign average guys for average money without issuing a big, anchor-like contract to a guy who can hamstring his longterm plans.

The one thing he might do, and I'd probably be okay with it if it fits the Cap for 2020 only, is slightly overpay for a guy like Jason Peters who can plug a hole for a season and allow us to groom a drafted OT behind him.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Yawn.

JD getting the band back together again isn't exactly what I was hoping for this week, but at this point, who gives a s*it? We're a 4th place tanking team next year.

Come on man.  It’s early in FA.  Plus we still have the draft. Patience my friend Patience 

Jets re-signed LG Alex Lewis to a three-year, $18.6 million contract.

The New York Post reports the deal includes $6 million guaranteed. Acquired from the Ravens early last August, Lewis went on to start 12 games at left guard. He was a big part of the problem when it came to the Jets' abysmal run blocking, but they evidently saw enough to expect a step forward in 2020. Lewis turns 28 next month.

hmmmm

Reasonable hold the fort guys that can all be upgraded via draft or trade. This is smart GMing so far. It’s only day 2. I’m ok with this approach so far and add an OT at 11 and an IOL in 2nd or 3rd round and it’s solid with room for improvement.

happy with JD so far just because these are prudent moves with long term flexibility in mind. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1