Robby Anderson

Web72

Does not seem like the WR market has heated up at all yet.  Other than Bill O'Brien overpaying Randall Cobb.  And Cooper re-signing with the Boys.  I wonder if Robby will be the first domino to fall and then the market will get going.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Wonder how much cap space we have left. 

One more year until we can clear most of the terrible Mac contracts.  Tru will be off the books as will Enunwa, Bell will be cuttable

That’s why we should structure contracts in a way that doesn’t prevent us from signing quality value free agents this year. So far, I am very happy with the signings. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Wonder how much cap space we have left. 

One more year until we can clear most of the terrible Mac contracts.  Tru will be off the books as will Enunwa, Bell will be cuttable

We had about $50MM at start of FA.  Fant hit is $7.25MM this year according to spotrac.  Figure another $12 - $15 for  Lewis and Mcgovern, would put us at about $30MM.  But we still have not made any cuts to free up space. 

Trumaine Johnson and Daryl Roberts will free up about $9MM.  More if we use june 1 cut for Tru.  Winters could free up $7MM if we are confident we have his replacement, either now or after draft.  Williamson would free up another $6.  Still plenty of availability to upgrade the roster.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 3

Just now, Lith said:

We had about $50MM at start of FA.  Fant hit is $7.25MM this year according to spotrac.  Figure another $12 - $15 for  Lewis and Mcgovern, would put us at about $30MM.  But we still have not made any cuts to free up space. 

Trumaine Johnson and Daryl Roberts will free up about $9MM.  More if we use june 1 cut for Tru.  Winters could free up $7MM if we are confident we have his replacement, either now or after draft.  Williamson would free up another $6.  Still plenty of availability to upgrade the roster.

Cutting Avery Williamson adds another $7 million 

• Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

We need to trade Williamson for a 3rd or 4th. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ohhthepain said:

He goin to Tampa. Stays near Broward county and fulfils his dream of playin with TB.

This is actually a very good point. If they're anywhere near the ballpark he wants there's a lot of motivation to play there right now. How much $ can they have left after giving Brady a projected $30 mil and Gurley?  Would RA take priority over Gurley maybe? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is actually a very good point. If they're anywhere near the ballpark he wants there's a lot of motivation to play there right now. How much $ can they have left after giving Brady a projected $30 mil and Gurley?  Would RA take priority over Gurley maybe? 

If Robby goes to Tampa Bay and plays with Brady I will puke! And watching Todd Bowles Smile as he slowly wanders up and down the sidelines, I will instantly hate everything about that team!

The only good thing coming out of this is that everyone seems to be blind to the fact that after the big three wide receivers in this draft there's about 10 more that are really really good! Any other year about five of these guys would be first rounders and still might be.

We took a flyer on Anderson and gave him a shot and that should mean something. He should take whatever money we offer him and be humble. Not go play with the greatest enemy this team has ever had.

Omg!! Lol the thought of this just pissed me off so goddamn much!!! Do we play them this year? If he goes there and craps on this fanbase I don't care if it's win or lose, if we play them I hope we rip that skinny motherfuker in half!!!!

#heated#irishup#deadmeat#beanpole

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Web72 said:

I’m hearing zero rumors about Robbie. Is this a good thing ? I think everyone is taken back by his asking price and passing him by

Anybody hearing anything ?

Robby Anderson is a #2 Wide Receiver. He's not going to be off the board the first 15 minutes of free agency. 

Some Jets fans want this to be some sort of "wake up sign", not really. He's going to get #2 WR consideration, and those guys generally arent signing before/during the big names. 

Robby is arguably the best available receiver. I'd be more concerned if guys like Cobb, Perriman and Funchess are signed before Robby. 

Dude is going to get paid, and even if he doesnt get the exact amount he's looking for, he has an opportunity to get the exact team situation he's looking for. 

• Upvote 1

So two high priced long term contracts for ILB? We do have young players able to be beside Mosley at a fraction of the cost. 

Have two rocks in the middle or rotating with the young guys would be awesome. There is zero garaunteed Mosley is still Mosley.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Robby Anderson is a #2 Wide Receiver. He's not going to be off the board the first 15 minutes of free agency. 

Some Jets fans want this to be some sort of "wake up sign", not really. He's going to get #2 WR consideration, and those guys generally arent signing before/during the big names. 

Robby is arguably the best available receiver. I'd be more concerned if guys like Cobb, Perriman and Funchess are signed before Robby. 

Dude is going to get paid, and even if he doesnt get the exact amount he's looking for, he has an opportunity to get the exact team situation he's looking for. 

Cobb has already signed with Houston