Robby Anderson

Web72

Just now, chrisfaceoff said:

Love Robby, but no way at 14-15.

I was hoping high end would be 12, and would try to find a way to justify 13, but at one point, enough is enough.

Hope he comes back down to earth soon.  Would love to see him here next year and beyond.

But who do we get to replace him?  Jeudy at 11 is an option but we have to draft a Left Tackle 

I’m hearing zero rumors about Robbie. Is this a good thing ? I think everyone is taken back by his asking price and passing him by
Anybody hearing anything ?

Not a peep. This draft is so loaded with WR talent that I think most teams are thinking if I can’t get a pure WR1 FA we will draft one.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

But who do we get to replace him?  Jeudy at 11 is an option but we have to draft a Left Tackle 

I know.  Its a total catch 22, but I think we also have to prepare for the fact that none of those OL will fall at this point after some of the moves yesterday and the day before.

2 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I know.  Its a total catch 22, but I think we also have to prepare for the fact that none of those OL will fall at this point after some of the moves yesterday and the day before.

Someone is going to fall.  Do the math.  3 qbs are going top 10 as well as Chase, Simmons, Okudah and Derrick Brown

13 hours ago, Lith said:

Does not seem like the WR market has heated up at all yet.  Other than Bill O'Brien overpaying Randall Cobb.  And Cooper re-signing with the Boys.  I wonder if Robby will be the first domino to fall and then the market will get going.

It hasn't heated up yet because all that's available are a couple WR2's and some giant question marks.  Robby is the best available but that just makes him the tallest little person.  Teams are prioritizing other positions at the moment.

This already was a sh*tty WR market.  It became even more dire when Cooper signed and AJ Green was tagged.

• Upvote 2

Give this goof a deadline. Either he signs by early this afternoon or we move on. If he’s hellbent on getting $14+ million a year then let him look elsewhere.

This may be the deepest WR draft in history. Don’t miss out on someone like Clowney or Fowler by waiting around on this guy.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

We need to trade Williamson for a 3rd or 4th. 

Come on now.  No one is giving up a 3rd or 4th for Williamson, a 28 year old ILB coming off a full season injury and who would require a new or restructured contract.  The closer we get to the draft, the more teams will value those mid rounders.  

I agree we should try to trade him and should not cut him.  But reasonable compensation would be something like a conditional 6th rounder.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Come on now.  No one is giving up a 3rd or 4th for Williamson, a 28 year old ILB coming off a full season injury and who would require a new or restructured contract.  The closer we get to the draft, the more teams will value those mid rounders.  

I agree we should try to trade him and should not cut him.  But reasonable compensation would be something like a conditional 6th rounder.  

We need to cut Williamson and use that money to go hard after Fowler or Clowney or at the very least lock up Robby

11 hours ago, Ohhthepain said:

He goin to Tampa. Stays near Broward county and fulfils his dream of playin with TB.

5 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

If Robby goes to Tampa Bay and plays with Brady I will puke! And watching Todd Bowles Smile as he slowly wanders up and down the sidelines, I will instantly hate everything about that team!

The only good thing coming out of this is that everyone seems to be blind to the fact that after the big three wide receivers in this draft there's about 10 more that are really really good! Any other year about five of these guys would be first rounders and still might be.

We took a flyer on Anderson and gave him a shot and that should mean something. He should take whatever money we offer him and be humble. Not go play with the greatest enemy this team has ever had.

Omg!! Lol the thought of this just pissed me off so goddamn much!!! Do we play them this year? If he goes there and craps on this fanbase I don't care if it's win or lose, if we play them I hope we rip that skinny motherfuker in half!!!!

#heated#irishup#deadmeat#beanpole

Sounds good to me; don't worry about it Greenblood.  Robby will have a ton of fun trying to catch the old man's underthrown, wobbly wounded ducks.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Give this goof a deadline. Either he signs by early this afternoon or we move on. If he’s hellbent on getting $14+ million a year then let him look elsewhere.

This may be the deepest WR draft in history. Don’t miss out on someone like Clowney or Fowler by waiting around on this guy.

I don't think we're missing out on anybody because of Robby.  If he signs elsewhere, great, maybe we can end up with a comp pick out of the deal.  If he doesn't, great, we'll let him crawl back to us for an amount we likely offered previously.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Once we cut Tru and Daryl Roberts, we should have plenty of $$ to sign Clowney/Fowler and Robby.  I don't see it as an either or.  Being patient with Robby may be the right strategy if the market for him is less than he expected.  Might feel differently if other WRs started signing -- if we don't sign Robby, we should look at other WR options -- Perriman, Doresett, Robinson, etc. 

I think Robby is first domino that gets the WR market moving.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

If Robby goes to Tampa Bay and plays with Brady I will puke! And watching Todd Bowles Smile as he slowly wanders up and down the sidelines, I will instantly hate everything about that team!

The only good thing coming out of this is that everyone seems to be blind to the fact that after the big three wide receivers in this draft there's about 10 more that are really really good! Any other year about five of these guys would be first rounders and still might be.

We took a flyer on Anderson and gave him a shot and that should mean something. He should take whatever money we offer him and be humble. Not go play with the greatest enemy this team has ever had.

Omg!! Lol the thought of this just pissed me off so goddamn much!!! Do we play them this year? If he goes there and craps on this fanbase I don't care if it's win or lose, if we play them I hope we rip that skinny motherfuker in half!!!!

#heated#irishup#deadmeat#beanpole

haha Robby owes us nothing man, but I hear ya. That would suck for sure.  let's see how it goes these next couple of days. 

4 hours ago, Web72 said:

Cobb has already signed with Houston 

Yeah, but this is Houston, the same Houston who traded arguably the best WR in the league with 3 years left on his contract in order to pick up a RB who's a shell of himself, with a salary that's 1 million less than Hopkins, and a 2nd round pick. 

Bill O'Brien should have been out of the league years ago. That Cobb signing isnt an indictment on Robby as it is on the jack hole running the show over there. Any random person on this board could run that Texans organization better. 

And for what it's worth, the Texans already have their Robby Anderson. His name is Will Fuller. 

I think Robby's gonna stay with the Jets.   I think he was hoping for $14 ++ million but a deep draft is keeping teams in the ballpark on what the jets would pay him and I think he would stay with all things being equal.  Would love to see Anderson, paired with a  bug physical guy Michael Pittman Jr  or  Chase Claypool and Crowder in the slot.