Robby Anderson

Web72

17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So far it’s been a decent offseason for JD. If he drafts a LT at 11, resigns Robby and drafts a couple good young WRs we’re in pretty good shape 

If somehow he also signs Clowney we are in great shape

Did you see that Clowney turned down $17 mil for 4 years from the Phins?  He's a Tard!  I sincerely hope no team caves. This guy needs a dose of humble pie. let him sit out for a year talking about the $20 mil he wants.  he had 3 sacks and 7 TFl last year and he turns down $17 mil?   I live on a different planet as that cat. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, GeorgeJetson said:

If you look at Robbys numbers with Sam as his QB over the past 16 games they are pretty good. That’s also in two systems in two years. 

Robby also does a great job drawing penalties

Robby is a stud.  It hasn't been exactly the best of circumstances for him. He's had 5 QB's in his short career and 4 offensive coordinators.  yet he has steadily gotten more rounded. He's a vert good WR who is still on the upswing. I get not wanting to break the bank for him, but the narrative that he's garbage is old and tired. Sorta like me. 

5 minutes ago, GeorgeJetson said:

If you look at Robbys numbers with Sam as his QB over the past 16 games they are pretty good. That’s also in two systems in two years. 

None of what you said is true. But who needs facts?

• Upvote 1

If Robby just watched Jordan Jenkins sign for $5M, saw Pierre Desir sign for $5.5M, Alex Lewis for about $6M per year and Brian Poole sign for $5M he better look in the mirror and ask himself if he can reasonably say that he's not only a better caliber player than all those guys, but TWO times better.

• Sympathy 1

All I see with Clowney is an underachieving name looking for way more money than his production is worth.

With Robby I see a overachieving UDFA who I'd like to keep but who is also looking for way more money than his production is worth. 

I think he is borderline illiterate and has the maturity level of a 15 year old. Notwithstanding that let's give him 7-8 Mil and see if he can grow personally and professionally.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, David Harris said:

Listen Fid, I get your frustration, I really do- sounds like you’ve just had it with the Jets ineptitude lol

but I think we want to know your concrete alternative to what JD has done. Is there anyone this FA period outside of Conklin that you really wanted to sign? And if so, for how much?  Otherwise it just sounds whiny. 

jets weren’t a legit contender next season no matter what happened this FA period- team is too far away. JD is just pouring concrete right now so he can build this thing up. Ground up.  He’ll make some big moves when they’ll actually make a difference. All of these contracts have been front loaded to ensure a healthy cap moving forward.

Thanks for a reasonable response and question.

I do honestly say, over and over again, that I don’t think he’s done or doing a bad job.  

I’m not a negative fan either, read my other posts - I think Sam is good enough to overcome Gase’s ineptness and lack of talent to take this team to the playoffs - if they can build a line around him. 

I love that JD got Jenkins for $5mm - I like the McGovern contract.- I like VR as a player, love that he grew up a Jet fan, but haven’t seen his contract numbers (are they out there yet?)  

Now, I hated the Fant signing for that price - thought that was a panic move.

What I’m saying is it’s been a mixed bag - with no move the needle type talent.  Which is fine, I guess.

My big point of contention, and I stand by this - which is not trolling - is most people on this board are filating over the guy like he’s done something special.  He hasn’t - it’s been a pretty basic off-season.  Maybe we’re used to the sheer and utter incompetence of Mac.  

Let’s not make JD out to be some type of superstar GM simply because he didn’t sign anyone good. Ultimately that’s what is being applauded. 

And, that’s pretty much my point...he has signed a whole group of average players.  Which is fine, but that’s all it is, fine. 

He may turn out to be the best GM in NFL history for all I know but he’s done nothing yet other than sign a handful of average football players - some good contracts and some bad.

He’s done nothing worthy of the adoration he’s receiving on this message board.  That’s all I’m trying to say.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, choon328 said:

You said Tom Brady is the only QB to have success in that system.  That's not true

It is true, real success.  He made the WC with Vinny (and Vinny won a division title and made AFC championship game with Parcells) and obrien won division titles but none have even reached a conference championship game.  

Show me the success in that system without Brady?

10 hours ago, GeorgeJetson said:

Think about how many penalties Robby would have drawn if the Pats secondary ever got called for holding

On 3/18/2020 at 8:33 PM, choon328 said:

Its not a problem, it's his system. Nothing about Gase's history should have led anyone to believe Robby would've had a better year then he did. For some reason a bunch of people thought he'd catch 70 balls and have 1200 yards.  That's not happening in a Gase system unless you can run underneath routes and catch screens.  He doesn't do those things bc he has no ability to make defenders miss in the open field. 32 year old Demaryius Thomas showed more wiggle in the open field then Robby did. 

Probably because if he didnt lose his QB for basically half the season he might have come a lot closer than the point youre trying to make with that.  

Also if JD wants him and hes said he does, then you would assume that Gase also wants him.  

Heres what hes done in his first offseason.  Lets complain about the quality of players we have no idea about, without looking at the trash hes replacing.  Or thinking we'd be better off with one or two big name signings.  

NEW

OT George Fant

OG Greg Van Roten

C Connor McGovern

OG Josh Andrews

CB Pierre Desir

S Marqui Christian

BACK

CB Brian Poole

OG Alex Lewis

CB Arthure Maulet

LB Neville Hewitt

GONE

CB T Johnson

CB D Roberts

OG T Compton

OT B Shell

LB B Copeland

CB M Canady

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Did you see that Clowney turned down $17 mil for 4 years from the Phins?  He's a Tard!  I sincerely hope no team caves. This guy needs a dose of humble pie. let him sit out for a year talking about the $20 mil he wants.  he had 3 sacks and 7 TFl last year and he turns down $17 mil?   I live on a different planet as that cat. 

Dont know if it had as much to do about money as he not wanting to go to Miami.  He blocked a trade to the fins a year earlier too.  When he knew it would be a one and done if he wanted to leave

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

It is true, real success.  He made the WC with Vinny (and Vinny won a division title and made AFC championship game with Parcells) and obrien won division titles but none have even reached a conference championship game.  

Show me the success in that system without Brady?

They went 10-6 with Matt ******* Cassell.  

41 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Probably because if he didnt lose his QB for basically half the season he might have come a lot closer than the point youre trying to make with that.  

Also if JD wants him and hes said he does, then you would assume that Gase also wants him.  

He wants him at his price. He's obviously not an integral part of their plans or he'd already be signed. 

24 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He wants him at his price. He's obviously not an integral part of their plans or he'd already be signed. 

Maybe or maybe their just letting his price fall to where they think a WR is worth to them.  Or just to save cap space.

You dont know what they would have gone to in salary if the market for WRs was what its been in the past.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Heres what hes done in his first offseason.  Lets complain about the quality of players we have no idea about, without looking at the trash hes replacing.  Or thinking we'd be better off with one or two big name signings.  

NEW

OT George Fant

OG Greg Van Roten

C Connor McGovern

OG Josh Andrews

CB Pierre Desir

S Marqui Christian

BACK

CB Brian Poole

OG Alex Lewis

CB Arthure Maulet

LB Neville Hewitt

GONE

CB T Johnson

CB D Roberts

OG T Compton

OT B Shell

LB B Copeland

CB M Canady

Add Burgess to the "Back" list and Doctson to the "New"

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Dont know if it had as much to do about money as he not wanting to go to Miami.  He blocked a trade to the fins a year earlier too.  When he knew it would be a one and done if he wanted to leave

yeah I thought about that too. Who knows really?  But I would imagine $ 17 mil is more than the other offers out there right now.  

Screw this guy. 

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Thanks for a reasonable response and question.

I do honestly say, over and over again, that I don’t think he’s done or doing a bad job.  

I’m not a negative fan either, read my other posts - I think Sam is good enough to overcome Gase’s ineptness and lack of talent to take this team to the playoffs - if they can build a line around him. 

I love that JD got Jenkins for $5mm - I like the McGovern contract.- I like VR as a player, love that he grew up a Jet fan, but haven’t seen his contract numbers (are they out there yet?)  

Now, I hated the Fant signing for that price - thought that was a panic move.

What I’m saying is it’s been a mixed bag - with no move the needle type talent.  Which is fine, I guess.

My big point of contention, and I stand by this - which is not trolling - is most people on this board are filating over the guy like he’s done something special.  He hasn’t - it’s been a pretty basic off-season.  Maybe we’re used to the sheer and utter incompetence of Mac.  

Let’s not make JD out to be some type of superstar GM simply because he didn’t sign anyone good. Ultimately that’s what is being applauded. 

And, that’s pretty much my point...he has signed a whole group of average players.  Which is fine, but that’s all it is, fine. 

He may turn out to be the best GM in NFL history for all I know but he’s done nothing yet other than sign a handful of average football players - some good contracts and some bad.

He’s done nothing worthy of the adoration he’s receiving on this message board.  That’s all I’m trying to say.

Yeah man, I DO know your posting to be solid and circumspect and not negative for the sake of it. 

IMO this off season has been an absolute home run and I’ll explain why. Douglas knows EXACTLY what he is doing in every move.  He looked at ALL the available OL, assigned value to each and then figured out a way to puzzle together an entire NFL offensive line from basically scratch. Conklin wasn’t signed because it would have crippled the ability to get the other 20 pieces he needs to build a team. 

The Fant signing included, it was not desperate, it was smart.  Check out his contact at over the cap.  2020 cap hit $7.25 mill- that’s it. Beyond that he has 2 million guaranteed ie 2 mill cap hit after this year.  That is cheaper than Beachums contract last year and he is 3 years younger, way more athletic and the is an improving player.  And JD isn’t crossing his fingers and just hoping he’s good, the tackle spots are works in progress and he is filling a need smartly.  JD doesn’t WANT Fant starting at LT but he CAN start at LT as we had zero of them. 

JD wants a LT at 11 but he is aware they could all be gone and he prob isn’t trading draft assets to move up. If we get an OT at 11 then at some point Fant competes with him but really in a perfect world it is Fant vs Edoga at RT with Edoga probably losing as he can’t be trusted as he had some bad games last year. 

I could go on praising ever my single other JD move.  I currently think we may have one of the best young GM’s on football.  He is doing the dirty work right now, the Jets were Bush League.  Douglas has an all star team and he has a blueprint built from YEARS of ideal jobs doing ideal preparation work in Baltimore and Philly.  He is building that here.  

we all need to take a breath and watch because the jets are getting built up the right way. 

we have Sam Darnold and we have joe Douglas and in a couple years the brand of the NYJ is going to be up there with the Ravens And Eagles. 

Adam Gase, there are aspects I like. I am withholding judgment.  Vince Lombardi could not have milked out more wins that he did from that god awful 2019 roster 

Sam isnt going to be running for his life this year- it is going to be extraordinary

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Yeah man, I DO know your posting to be solid and circumspect and not negative for the sake of it. 

IMO this off season has been an absolute home run and I’ll explain why. Douglas knows EXACTLY what he is doing in every move.  He looked at ALL the available OL, assigned value to each and then figured out a way to puzzle together an entire NFL offensive line from basically scratch. Conklin wasn’t signed because it would have crippled the ability to get the other 20 pieces he needs to build a team. 

The Fant signing included, it was not desperate, it was smart.  Check out his contact at over the cap.  2020 cap hit $7.25 mill- that’s it. Beyond that he has 2 million guaranteed ie 2 mill cap hit after this year.  That is cheaper than Beachums contract last year and he is 3 years younger, way more athletic and the is an improving player.  And JD isn’t crossing his fingers and just hoping he’s good, the tackle spots are works in progress and he is filling a need smartly.  JD doesn’t WANT Fant starting at LT but he CAN start at LT as we had zero of them. 

JD wants a LT at 11 but he is aware they could all be gone and he prob isn’t trading draft assets to move up. If we get an OT at 11 then at some point Fant competes with him but really in a perfect world it is Fant vs Edoga at RT with Edoga probably losing as he can’t be trusted as he had some bad games last year. 

I could go on praising ever my single other JD move.  I currently think we may have one of the best young GM’s on football.  He is doing the dirty work right now, the Jets were Bush League.  Douglas has an all star team and he has a blueprint built from YEARS of ideal jobs doing ideal preparation work in Baltimore and Philly.  He is building that here.  

we all need to take a breath and watch because the jets are getting built up the right way. 

we have Sam Darnold and we have joe Douglas and in a couple years the brand of the NYJ is going to be up there with the Ravens And Eagles. 

Adam Gase, there are aspects I like. I am withholding judgment.  Vince Lombardi could not have milked out more wins that he did from that god awful 2019 roster 

Sam isnt going to be running for his life this year- it is going to be extraordinary

I think we simply like what JD is going.  Nobody is crowning him yet but so far so good.  He will be judged on the draft ultimately 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, choon328 said:

Anderson had a 47.5% Catch Rate while Darnold was playing QB in 2019. What chemistry are you and others talking about?

Meanwhile Crowder had a catch rate of 64.6% in games Darnold was the QB. This chemistry argument is not accurate.  

Robby plays the outside & his routes take longer to develop... Crowder runs the slot & his routes are quick hits... when you have a porous oline you don't have the luxury of waiting for a longer route to develop... you hit the quick routes... a better oline will increase Robby's opportunities & big play potential... I'm in favor of resigning Robby & having Sam throw to him with a good oline giving him the time to deliver the homerun.