Backup qb (insurance policy)

Winston, Cam, Dalton... those guys aren't going to be dtarters. Where will they go?

Dalton and Sam is just too much ginger

Cam would be perfect behind Allen in Buffalo, but he's got too much ego to sit behind Josh or Sam

Winston would be intriguing...

• Thumb Down 1

II wouldn't actually mind Dalton.  Never can have enough experienced QB's.  And maybe all the starters moving will kind of limit his opportunities.  Def. worth a try and maybe he can remind Gase that he actually needs to prepare for a trap game coming off a big win.

15 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Winston, Cam, Dalton... those guys aren't going to be dtarters. Where will they go?

Cam would be perfect behind Allen in Buffalo, but he's got too much ego to sit behind Josh or Sam

Yes indeed. Especially if you enjoy pick sixes.

• Haha 1

I would not want to spend too much on a vet backup QB.

If I were convinced we had a roster that could challenge for a playoff spot, then yes, spend a little extra to ensure we can go .500 if Darnold is out a  few games. 

But I'm not convinced we have that roster (at least not yet), so I would not want to spend what it will take to get the likes of a Dalton or maybe even a Flacco.

Way too many holes to fill.

• Upvote 1

No. We MUST intensify our Ginger Power. Bring in the Red Rifle. 

• Haha 1

Dalton will be in NE and Cam in Chicago - both starting IMO.

34 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He’s about to get released and he’s a guy we could legitimately win games with if Sam got hurt again

Not sure if Flacco is interested in transitioning into a backup QB. He's made a ton of money in his career, he might just retire if he can't find a starting job or at least a place where he can compete for one. 

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Not sure if Flacco is interested in transitioning into a backup QB. He's made a ton of money in his career, he might just retire if he can't find a starting job or at least a place where he can compete for one. 

He has no choice, where will he find a starting gig? 

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

He has no choice, where will he find a starting gig? 

There's not a lot of options but he might wait to see where Jamies and Cam end up first and then make his decision. Maybe Washington to battle it out with Haskins, or Cincy if they feel Burrow isn't ready to start from day 1, maybe New England or San Diego. I don't know, just speculating.

But I find it hard to believe that Joe Flacco would be interested in coming to the Jets where he knows he will be the backup QB from day 1 unless there is an injury to Darnold. That's why I threw out the idea of him possibly considering retirement at a young age (although I doubt he does that).

4 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I would not want to spend too much on a vet backup QB.

If I were convinced we had a roster that could challenge for a playoff spot, then yes, spend a little extra to ensure we can go .500 if Darnold is out a  few games. 

But I'm not convinced we have that roster (at least not yet), so I would not want to spend what it will take to get the likes of a Dalton or maybe even a Flacco.

Way too many holes to fill.

This is the correct answer.  

Just sign Nate Sudfeld or being Siemian back and be done with it.