Jump to content
Jet hustle

Backup qb (insurance policy)

Recommended Posts

Surprised no one is discussing....  i cant imagine going into the season with Fales and Simian again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetlife33 said:

Matt Moore would be nice

Would probably come cheap as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Would probably come cheap as well

Perfect! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is where you draft someone like Lamar Jackson in the early to mid rd

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winston, Cam, Dalton... those guys aren't going to be dtarters. Where will they go?

Dalton and Sam is just too much ginger

Cam would be perfect behind Allen in Buffalo, but he's got too much ego to sit behind Josh or Sam

Winston would be intriguing...

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jeTMAC said:

This is where you draft someone like Lamar Jackson in the early to mid rd

No, our roster is so bad, we can't waste a pick to develop a backup QB. Too many holes to fill. We need to sign someone.

  • Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

II wouldn't actually mind Dalton.  Never can have enough experienced QB's.  And maybe all the starters moving will kind of limit his opportunities.  Def. worth a try and maybe he can remind Gase that he actually needs to prepare for a trap game coming off a big win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Flacco?

He’s about to get released and he’s a guy we could legitimately win games with if Sam got hurt again

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Winston, Cam, Dalton... those guys aren't going to be dtarters. Where will they go?

Dalton and Sam is just too much ginger

Cam would be perfect behind Allen in Buffalo, but he's got too much ego to sit behind Josh or Sam

Winston would be intriguing...

Yes indeed. Especially if you enjoy pick sixes.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not want to spend too much on a vet backup QB.

If I were convinced we had a roster that could challenge for a playoff spot, then yes, spend a little extra to ensure we can go .500 if Darnold is out a  few games. 

But I'm not convinced we have that roster (at least not yet), so I would not want to spend what it will take to get the likes of a Dalton or maybe even a Flacco.

Way too many holes to fill.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Winston, Cam, Dalton... those guys aren't going to be dtarters. Where will they go?

Dalton and Sam is just too much ginger

Cam would be perfect behind Allen in Buffalo, but he's got too much ego to sit behind Josh or Sam

Winston would be intriguing...

No. We MUST intensify our Ginger Power. Bring in the Red Rifle. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Winston, Cam, Dalton... those guys aren't going to be dtarters. Where will they go?

Dalton and Sam is just too much ginger

Cam would be perfect behind Allen in Buffalo, but he's got too much ego to sit behind Josh or Sam

Winston would be intriguing...

Dalton will be in NE and Cam in Chicago - both starting IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Dalton will be in NE and Cam in Chicago - both starting IMO.

Foles was just traded to Chicago

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will vomit when Cam Newton ends up in NE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LockeJET said:

Winston needs a home

Sign him to the league minimum and pay performance bonuses in king crab legs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He’s about to get released and he’s a guy we could legitimately win games with if Sam got hurt again

Not sure if Flacco is interested in transitioning into a backup QB. He's made a ton of money in his career, he might just retire if he can't find a starting job or at least a place where he can compete for one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Sign him to the league minimum and pay performance bonuses in king crab legs.

 

IMG958909.gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Not sure if Flacco is interested in transitioning into a backup QB. He's made a ton of money in his career, he might just retire if he can't find a starting job or at least a place where he can compete for one. 

He has no choice, where will he find a starting gig? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

He has no choice, where will he find a starting gig? 

There's not a lot of options but he might wait to see where Jamies and Cam end up first and then make his decision. Maybe Washington to battle it out with Haskins, or Cincy if they feel Burrow isn't ready to start from day 1, maybe New England or San Diego. I don't know, just speculating.

But I find it hard to believe that Joe Flacco would be interested in coming to the Jets where he knows he will be the backup QB from day 1 unless there is an injury to Darnold. That's why I threw out the idea of him possibly considering retirement at a young age (although I doubt he does that).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t think Siemien looked that good last year in preseason. I’d pay more for someone like Flacco who could run the team if Sam injured. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dcat said:

I will vomit when Cam Newton ends up in NE

Don't he sucks and isn't going to do diddly squat with Beliprick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect that the Jets will be waiting to see how the QB market shakes out before signing a backup. You'll either have to hand out Fitzpatrick money to one of these guys to get them to sign now or wait until they lose out on potential starting jobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I would not want to spend too much on a vet backup QB.

If I were convinced we had a roster that could challenge for a playoff spot, then yes, spend a little extra to ensure we can go .500 if Darnold is out a  few games. 

But I'm not convinced we have that roster (at least not yet), so I would not want to spend what it will take to get the likes of a Dalton or maybe even a Flacco.

Way too many holes to fill.

 

This is the correct answer.  

Just sign Nate Sudfeld or being Siemian back and be done with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...