Top TV Series to watch in these days of this virus.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank God for the now great Television we have today. Imagine if we didn't, now with this virus and curfews it is a must. Since my injury on the job disability these last 5+ years not only has college

@Dcat @AFCEastFan Just read this article which includes an interview with Garry Kasparov.  You chess heads will appreciate the insights related to The Queen's Gambit.  Too long to post.  So click belo

I just started re-watching The Wire for the first time in years.  My plan was to watch one, maybe two episodes a day. Blew through the first season (13 episodes) in two days. Probably my fav

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2020 at 7:03 AM, Larz said:

Mandalorian delivers again !!!!

as an original Star Wars geek from 1977 I just want to thank them for this. 

Disney, you morons!! Get that talentless hack Kathleen Kennedy out of the way and let Favreau and Filoni run the show, FFS

On 11/13/2020 at 10:45 AM, Fantasy Island said:

The Queens Gambit on Netflix is good.  

My GF and I are playing a lot of Chess lately and the series , for me, was increíble.  I’m a geek for Chess. Watched in search of Bobby Fisher at least 3 times.  I’m now watching YouTube videos for advanced players trying to get back into it.  

• Upvote 1

Just finished The Queen's Gambit it was really good.

Can't wait for Chicago PD to come back.

Sons of Anarchy might very well be my favorite of all time. Holy Sh!t that show got really intense and twisted at times.

Queen of the South has been good as well

I'm six episodes into The Mandalorian.  Not a perfect series (plenty of goofy stuff), but generally good and holding my interest.  And the person who created "Baby Yoda" is a genius.  Maybe the most adorable character ever on TV.

• Upvote 1
On 1/1/2021 at 1:57 PM, Larz said:

Queens gambit. Great story telling, memorable characters 

Agreed... it has rekindled my interest in chess, been playing the computer a lot and studying stuff.  Watched in search of Bobby Fisher again, also on Netflix.  Very well done.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Watched the first three episodes of WandaVision on Disney.   Beautifully shot with dead perfect depictions of classic sitcom eras.  Problem for me is the paucity of insight as to what's really going on with the main characters.   It's maddeningly slow.  Almost like the show is stuck showing you how great it recreates the past to the detriment of key story elements necessary to keep the audience engaged.

Hanging in at least for one or two more as I want to see where this friggin' thing is heading.  Also because I have a crush on Elizabeth Olsen. 

• Upvote 1

For once there was a new show advertised that looked interesting to me that I could watch (as I do not have netflix, hbo, any of those specialty channels).

"Resident Alien" I just watched the 1st episode, kind of a dark comedy. I like it quite a bit. About an Alien on a mission that crash lands on earth and then he has to try to fit in until he can complete his mission.

• Upvote 1

some stuff i've watched over the past year that I really liked

Dark (Netflix)
Russian Doll
Ted Lasso
Ozark
Watchmen
The Last Dance
Outsider
Westworld (season 3)
Queen's Gambit
The Undoing

started "the flight attendant" but taking a break from it because she's too annoying

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 11:28 AM, munchmemory said:

Watched the first three episodes of WandaVision on Disney.   Beautifully shot with dead perfect depictions of classic sitcom eras.  Problem for me is the paucity of insight as to what's really going on with the main characters.   It's maddeningly slow.  Almost like the show is stuck showing you how great it recreates the past to the detriment of key story elements necessary to keep the audience engaged.

Hanging in at least for one or two more as I want to see where this friggin' thing is heading.  Also because I have a crush on Elizabeth Olsen. 

I hope you hung in there....episodes 4 and 5 have been game changers.  

• Upvote 3
36 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I hope you hung in there....episodes 4 and 5 have been game changers.  

I did.  Thought episode four really took off and gave you a glimpse of WTF is going on.  Still have not seen episode five.

Thanks for the shout.

On 1/6/2021 at 8:50 AM, munchmemory said:

I'm six episodes into The Mandalorian.  Not a perfect series (plenty of goofy stuff), but generally good and holding my interest.  And the person who created "Baby Yoda" is a genius.  Maybe the most adorable character ever on TV.

Cmon no one beats Spanky!

8F2267A5-4EF7-4541-A5E1-D64985F78249.gif

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
On 2/5/2021 at 4:42 PM, munchmemory said:

I did.  Thought episode four really took off and gave you a glimpse of WTF is going on.  Still have not seen episode five.

Thanks for the shout.

The end of Episode 5 broke my brain

Not that this is hard to do

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

The end of Episode 5 broke my brain

Not that this is hard to do

lol  Great to hear.   Have Disney paused until we are able to watch all the remaining Wanda episodes.    Sounds like it's really getting interesting.  Can't wait.

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

lol  Great to hear.   Have Disney paused until we are able to watch all the remaining Wanda episodes.    Sounds like it's really getting interesting.  Can't wait.

I would just warn to stay off social media if that's your thing. So many spoilers that are hard to avoid.

• Upvote 1