I really think Jeudy @ 11 makes more sense

I'm starting to lean this way myself if the top 4 PT are off the board, something until the last 2 days, I didn't think was a possibility.

However if one of those 4 are there, i'm still taking them, even though Jeudy or Lamb is going to end up being a complete stud.

• Upvote 3

Recievers look really bad when their qb has no time to throw the ball as seen last year. I like judey but it makes sense to fix the offensive line and patch wr more than it makes sense the other way around. if judey is on the board when we pick which he may not be (keep in mind the bigger and more obvious our need for a position the more likely another wr hungry team would be to jump us for him) we should look to trade the pick and aquire help on our line, help at cb, help at edge depending of course if we make a big splash in free agency which isn't looking good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Literally. Never.

2019 Draft: 

Deebo Sameul

A.J Brown

Mecole Hardman

DK Metcalf

Terry Mclaurin

2018 Draft: 

Courtland Sutton

D.J Chark

None of those guys are what we hope we replace Anderson with... They will develop into really good players, but year one they are dangerous x-factor weapons like Robby. They are not "save my ass go to" #1 WRs. 

I think it's important to know we aren't going to fix the entire O-line in one summer. We may end up with a weak link along the line. It's manageable.

To come away with Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs etc and give Darnold a weapon is probably a smarter move. Then if it happens, take a Tackle/Center in the 2rd and 3rd. It's chicken and egg. It's all well and good saying we need a line to let Darnold throw, but what good is a line when he's not got an explosive player to catch it.

The beauty of football.

• Upvote 4

This is why I say we should jump on a Trent Williams trade if Washington will take one of our 3rd’s and a conditional pick in 2021.

I’d rather have my #1 ranked WR over my 4th or 5th ranked OT.

Aside from Robby being far from a guarantee to be back, I’m also not trying to rely on some rookie 3rd round pick to step in right away and be my young QB’s go-to target in the passing game.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, nico002 said:

None of those guys are what we hope we replace Anderson with... They will develop into really good players, but year one they are dangerous x-factor weapons like Robby. They are not "save my ass go to" #1 WRs. 

Bah. AJ Brown is a top 10 WR right now and Deebo will be a high end guy soon.

BUT... I don’t think you’re wrong. If the big 4 are gone Jeudy is a nice piece and a huge help to our team. Plus he gives us a guy that gets open fast.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Bah. AJ Brown is a top 10 WR right now and Deebo will be a high end guy soon.

BUT... I don’t think you’re wrong. If the big 4 are gone Jeudy is a nice piece and a huge help to our team. Plus he gives us a guy that gets open fast.

I'l give you AJ Brown, he's the exception not the rule. Deebo will be soon, but wasn't year 1 which is what we desperately need. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, nico002 said:

This team has ONE viable receiver... a slot in Crowder. If we lose Anderson or suffer a single injury, we are the Eagles from last year. 

The idea that a 2nd/3rd round receiver is going to come in and produce right away is far far fetched- it literally never happens.

I like Jeudy because he is a technician, a highly polished route runner. What he does well lends itself to making an immediate impact. Gases offense is highly dependent on complex, long developing routes, something Jeudy excels at..

I am just not sold on the 4th-5th tackle in the draft being a smart move over the #1 WR. 

Worst case scenario I would resign Beachum, roll with him and Fant at LT, and Shell/Fant/Chuma at RT depending on health/performance. 

Use our 2nd/3rd/3rd to build the interior line even more and potentially grab a developmental tackle. 

It is nearly impossible for me to be able to say yes or no to this.  

First off, I'd want to take a close look at the four top OT's available.  Thomas, Wills, Wirfs, Beckton.  When I say close look, I mean like an interview and private workout with HC and O-Line coach.  Determine which if any of them are players that you are fairly sure can do the job on the outside of the line as a bona-fied starter for a decade to come.

Then... If the guy you deem is worthy of the pick is still available, IMHO you take him over Jeudy.

BUT... You should never, NEVER reach for a player just because you are short handed.  If an OT you really like and have properly vetted is not there at 11, you go with the WR *IF* he has also been vetted and you believe he is worthy of the spot.

It all comes down to having close-up information on these guys AND qualified coaches/managers to interpret what they see and hear.

That is a *BIG* "IF"

I'd also like to add...

I have been saying that Becton is too risky a pick for the Jets if he is there.  I have changed my mind to a degree after watching video of three of his games.  I don't think he can step right in at LT, especially if you plan to run any sort of wide line blocking scheme where he'll be made to change directions in an instant, but, I really think he'd be great as a RT especially in the running game.  If he starts, you can build a little safety feature in at fist with some chip from the backfield on pass plays.  In the running game, my goodness, Becton would be a steam roller. Once he locks up, he can manhandle and push around even the biggest DE's DT's OLB's.  He is also super fast and can get to the second level for run blocking in an instant.  

So... NO way would I start him as LT, but with safety provisions, he could be a world beater as a RT....

• Upvote 2

Douglas isn’t going to throw Sam to the wolves next year with just Crowder and Berrios as his only receivers. He’ll either resign Robby and/or trade for a WR (Cooks obj). Or he can trade for Trent then use pick 11 on a receiver. I’m confident that Sam will have a viable target at WR next year 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

This is why I say we should jump on a Trent Williams trade if Washington will take one of our 3rd’s and a conditional pick in 2021.

I’d rather have my #1 ranked WR over my 4th or 5th ranked OT.

Aside from Robby being far from a guarantee to be back, I’m also not trying to rely on some rookie 3rd round pick to step in right away and be my young QB’s go-to target in the passing game.

A 5th and Brian Winters for Trent Williams.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Literally. Never. 

2017 Draft:

JuJu Smith-Schuster

Cooper Kupp

Chris Godwin

2016 Draft:

Michael Thomas

Tyler Boyd

Sterling Shepard

none of those guys stepped on the field day 1 and were #1 receivers.... no one said that a 2nd+ rounder couldn't develop into a great player. We need an immediate go to guy from week 1...

Im usually against receivers in the first, but I think the top 4 tackles will be gone.

Taking Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs is better than reaching for the next tier of tackles.

We could still get a tackle in the 2nd round that is close in value to austin jackson, josh jones, ezra cleveland.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I’ll take Lamb over Jeudy but love both

I’d be thrilled with any of Jeudy, Lamb or Ruggs at #11.

Lamb scraps and fights his ass off for every ball that comes near him. Jeudy is that Reggie Wayne type that isn’t some kind of dominant physical presence but is an extraordinary route runner and knows all of the little nuances of the position. And Ruggs is essentially a bigger, more polished version of Tyreek Hill.

Any one of them would be a big boon to Darnold’s development. 

It’s been pointed out before but I could see Gase falling in love with Ruggs, especially if we lose Robby. A guy who is a legit threat to score from anywhere on the field and despite being a sub-6’0 guy known primarily for his speed and explosiveness, is actually scrappy as hell and has no qualms about going over the middle.

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’ll take Lamb over Jeudy but love both

Good to see you're still around. 

I was afraid you offed yourself after JD waited to make his moves and you realized the season. was over in March.

All good?

LOL

• Haha 2

I'm with the 1st WR over the 4th OL crowd.

Also, JD the GM is also JD the ex OL.  Until proven a failure I'm trusting he knows what he's looking at with the OL hes assembling.  He might not share the same outlook as fans on a message board calling the OL horrific.  

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Good to see you're still around. 

I was afraid you offed yourself after JD waited to make his moves and you realized the season. was over in March.

All good?

LOL

All is wonderful. The Connor McGovern signing gave me the will to live again. Things aren’t so bad now.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

If we sign one more OT and cannot pick a  LT in the first round I would rather go Jeudy or Lamb and then use the 2nd round pick on the next tier of tackles. I don't think anyone other than a LT should be picked that high and we're not sure if a second round pick won't end up being as good or better than the 4th pick in the first round that can't play LT. Sam needs a young guy to start developing with now. We should also sign either Robby or someone else to pair with that rookie.