I really think Jeudy @ 11 makes more sense

Just now, Beerfish said:

If we draft ruggs ahead of lamb and jeudy it will be a huge mistake.

I've seen every play Ruggs and Jeudy played in college and I would agree with the caveat that "It sort of depends" - if we re-sign Anderson, then Jeudy for sure, if we let Anderson go, then Ruggs is a bit more of a realistic option, although I'd probably still prefer Jeudy.  Ruggs has elite speed and that can't be disregarded.  I like Lamb too, of course

On 3/18/2020 at 1:05 PM, Sarge4Tide said:

I've seen every play Ruggs and Jeudy played in college and I would agree with the caveat that "It sort of depends" - if we re-sign Anderson, then Jeudy for sure, if we let Anderson go, then Ruggs is a bit more of a realistic option, although I'd probably still prefer Jeudy.  Ruggs has elite speed and that can't be disregarded.  I like Lamb too, of course

Take the better player, you can always find burners lower in the draft or as we did robbie as udfa.

There are a lot of speedy WR later in the draft.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I love Ruggs speed but why was he not the first option at Alabama?  That is the big question. 

6 hours ago, nico002 said:

This team has ONE viable receiver... a slot in Crowder. If we lose Anderson or suffer a single injury, we are the Eagles from last year. 

The idea that a 2nd/3rd round receiver is going to come in and produce right away is far far fetched- it literally never happens.

I like Jeudy because he is a technician, a highly polished route runner. What he does well lends itself to making an immediate impact. Gases offense is highly dependent on complex, long developing routes, something Jeudy excels at..

I am just not sold on the 4th-5th tackle in the draft being a smart move over the #1 WR. 

Worst case scenario I would resign Beachum, roll with him and Fant at LT, and Shell/Fant/Chuma at RT depending on health/performance. 

Use our 2nd/3rd/3rd to build the interior line even more and potentially grab a developmental tackle. 

Yeah because its a guarantee he'll be there at 11. ? No, we need a franchise LT. Fant isn't the answer.

1 minute ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I love Ruggs speed but why was he not the first option at Alabama?  That is the big question. 

He was playing with 2 or 3 other likely 1st round WRs - Jeudy, Devonta Smith, and Jaylon Waddell - plus he was dinged up a bit with a nagging ankle injury in 2019.  He has good hands and great run after catch, but he might have been Bama's 4th best WR

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TNJet said:

This team has ONE viable receiver... a slot in Crowder. If we lose Anderson or suffer a single injury, we are the Eagles from last year. 

you mean "name" receiver. Smith and Berrios have shown themselves to "viable". Yeah, at the start of FA there's some depth issues. But WRs are not hard to find, especially at the end of camps. This position, IMO, is 3rd on the "need" list behind OL (twice). It's even with CB and a little above OLB.

3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

He was playing with 2 or 3 other likely 1st round WRs - Jeudy, Devonta Smith, and Jaylon Waddell - plus he was dinged up a bit with a nagging ankle injury in 2019.  He has good hands and great run after catch, but he might have been Bama's 4th best WR

Exactly.  When I watched Alabama I thought Waddell was the most dangerous but Devonta Smith was overall the best. Even better than Jeudy since he was younger and even more ahead of where Jeudy was. 

• Upvote 2

Literally. Never. 

2017 Draft:

JuJu Smith-Schuster

Cooper Kupp

Chris Godwin

2016 Draft:

Michael Thomas

Tyler Boyd

Sterling Shepard

Go all the way to Keyshawn bro ...to can do it !

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

No thanks.  OT at 11 or trade down a few picks and target WR Denzel Mims.  
Prefer Lamb over Jeudy.  We need an outside WR, not another hybrid slot.  
Mims will be better than both.  
Disagree ... We need a big fast guy that has hands of super glue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, phill1c said:

you mean "name" receiver. Smith and Berrios have shown themselves to "viable". Yeah, at the start of FA there's some depth issues. But WRs are not hard to find, especially at the end of camps. This position, IMO, is 3rd on the "need" list behind OL (twice). It's even with CB and a little above OLB.

I qouted that, didn't say that. 

24 minutes ago, Gibby said:

A lot of people see Ruggs as a luxury. He can blow the top off a defensive yes - but is he worth the gamble to do just that @  11? Not sure??  

from what we've seen of the Gase offense, the whole thing is based on having Robby (and others) deep threat while Crowder (and Griffin and the RB) run crossers underneath. the more deep threats they have the more the whole offense opens up

currently they have none (the legend of Vyncynt Smythe notwithstanding) 

I'm dreaming of 2, an heir and a spare 

maybe even 3. Look at the Chiefs they have multiple deep threats from more than one position. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/18/2020 at 9:05 AM, nico002 said:

None of those guys are what we hope we replace Anderson with... They will develop into really good players, but year one they are dangerous x-factor weapons like Robby. They are not "save my ass go to" #1 WRs. 

I would take any one of the 5 2019 receivers over Anderson in a heartbeat. They are all better and significantly cheaper.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, GeorgeJetson said:

I think in general it’s a better team construction  philosophy to build from the inside out. The Jets badly need to improve the OL this year. If the top 4 tackles are gone I think you need to explore trading back. 

I disagree. You take the best player in a huge position of need instead of forcing the issue. Since when are the 5th and 6th best options at a position markedly better than the 7th or 8th. Probably never. You also take a bigger chance at drafting a bust when you go so much higher than where they belong. Take the receiver that can be elite and go OT in 2nd and one in the 3rd. Take a corner with the other pick and hopefully Clowney's price comes down as well as Robbie's. 

4 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

I disagree. You take the best player in a huge position of need instead of forcing the issue. Since when are the 5th and 6th best options at a position markedly better than the 7th or 8th. Probably never. You also take a bigger chance at drafting a bust when you go so much higher than where they belong. Take the receiver that can be elite and go OT in 2nd and one in the 3rd. Take a corner with the other pick and hopefully Clowney's price comes down as well as Robbie's. 

It’s a lot more difficult to find starting OTs on Day 2 and 3 than it is to find starting WRs.

BPA is a philosophy our previous GM held, but how often did the player drafted turn out to be both not the BPA and also did not fit a team need?

If the Jets can trade back and acquire more picks that may be the best case scenario given all the holes on the roster. 

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, GeorgeJetson said:

It’s a lot more difficult to find starting OTs on Day 2 and 3 than it is to find starting WRs.

BPA is a philosophy our previous GM held, but how often did the player drafted turn out to be both not the BPA and also did not fit a team need?

If the Jets can trade back and acquire more picks that may be the best case scenario given all the holes on the roster. 

I agree with you for the most part. My point is that the 5th best tackle is usually a second day pick anyhow and the demand is making him a first day pick. Also, WR is a huge need for us, so I would go with the elite player and double down on the OT in the 2nd and third. It used to be only a LT was worth a first round pick and lines were built later in the draft. The good news is, we have needs at the positions that have the most depth - OT and WR. Douglas looks like a major value guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, ljr said:

Lol agreed.

If 3 OT of big 4 OT off the board consider giving Jacksonville a 6 to jump Cleveland (per JD judgement) as well as trade down scenarios

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Did you actually say give Jax a 6???? to jump ahead of Cleveland?

You do realize they have an actual GM working there, right? Come on man...

• Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

I agree with you for the most part. My point is that the 5th best tackle is usually a second day pick anyhow and the demand is making him a first day pick. Also, WR is a huge need for us, so I would go with the elite player and double down on the OT in the 2nd and third. It used to be only a LT was worth a first round pick and lines were built later in the draft. The good news is, we have needs at the positions that have the most depth - OT and WR. Douglas looks like a major value guy.

Who cares if its the 4th or 5th best tackle? The Jets are fortunate that this is a deep class in OL. 

OL, Pass Rusher, QB, and CB come off the board early for a reason. George Fant and Ereck Flowers are going to make as much as Robby Anderson! 

There are probably 150 men on this planet that are legitimate starting NFL WRs. There are less than 50 guys who are legitimate starting Offensive Tackes. 

SUPPLY AND DEMAND 

15 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I love Jeudy but it’s a deep WR class

48F0EB6F-3D56-4636-8678-AC966B7E3F83.jpeg

Projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd round.  It would be great to get him at three, but more realistically he could be a good 2nd round pickup if we do not go Jeudy with the first pick

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd round.  It would be great to get him at three, but more realistically he could be a good 2nd round pickup if we do not go Jeudy with the first pick

Go heavy at WR with the three picks in rds 2-3