Sign in to follow this  
Verbal

Kingmaker Mafia - Game Over, Scum Win!

48 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Ape dead yet?

Ape had a post in the last game after being lynched but waiting on CTM to post a story:  "Can Ape go back to being a dad now?" or something like that. Almost teared up a bit. 

43 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Barry: was epic as Scum last game, very enthusiastic player. Much love for him.

Drums: strong contender for best newbie player this year in terms of his skills.

Kdels: mini-AVM. Loves chaos. Strong contender for my favorite new addition this year.

JVill: 2nd Game on JetNation recently, but not a newbie to Mafia. Played many years ago. Had a very good game as Cop first game. Definitely skilled.

Greece: 1st game. Friend of Kdels (I think). No idea.

jack nicholson thank you GIF

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, deckerfan said:

vote drums

sup dude?

Donde esta @greece666

sup @Pac 

idkidkidk 

You really are a dick

I will not bend the knee

Vote Stark

17 minutes ago, Leelou said:

I feel like there are a lot of safe Day 1 “votes” being thrown around with no real reasoning behind them. 

What about you? Even though you are new to the new crowd, this is day 1 so you know as much as the rest of us. What are you feeling so far?

• Upvote 1

Macbeth is one of my favorites so this game is that much more interesting to me. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nolder said:

Nerd.

Haha. It is a play about murder, revenge, and destiny. Your icon is Pokemon. Mine is king of the fookin' jungle. Who's the bigger nerd here? (And I am definitely a nerd)

2 hours ago, Leelou said:

So Drums, what are your thoughts so far? 

In my experience (two games, so not much) quiet people are dangerous. That's why I voted Stark. I do agree with what people have said about Pac-- just basically that he is annoying--but that might not be enough to kill someone yet.

I hate D1 because my brain hurts reading through all of the nonsense. Big fan of day 3 on, though.

Anyway, I am teaching from home now so I'll definitely be re-reading through the thread when I have some more time today. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What do you like playing better, scum or town?

I keep getting town but I think overall it's probably easier anyway. You did a pretty good job as scum last game but I had you as scum. Your tell was constantly asking everyone else what they thought and playing dumb even though I knew you observed an entire game in the DT. 

Looking at Spoot's patterns, he seems to go after teammates early, which might explain his case about Decker being defensive, which I find it hard to make because I don't really see it, and 80 made the same case quite a few pages before him so it could have been an easy strategy for Spoot to hop on. Not trying to tinfoil anything so I'll just keep an eye on things.

I have mixed feelings on Decker right now. 

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

alright someone explain this to me?  so there's like 4 scum and a king maker who anoints a king every night and that person could be scum but they ultimately decide who's lynched?

and the KM can change their mind every night..  and if the KM is killed another townie will be given that power.

that sum it up?

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Kingmaker_(game)

17 minutes ago, Pac said:

what are you a Jazzercise instructor?

Sorry I'm too young to know what that is. 

50 minutes ago, deckerfan said:

idk why you're speculating about Spoot-scum's bussing patterns. But yeah it's one of the weaker cases he has made against me. Even "I dont understand what he says, he's coherent and useless" alone is a more valid case. Just my two cents. :P Also here is the obligatory Rule 14 that we started in Ninja Turtles. RULE FOURTEEN

Why mixed feelings? 

Speculating because it is day 1. Now I can look for further evidence.

Mixed feelings because I am still getting a feel for you. I am leaning more town with you but I'll need further evidence for that as well. 

17 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Townies need to stat putting in effort and making themselves easier to read. Otherwise we're losing this game. There are too many slackers and no town core.

I feel like this is the exact type of post you were making when you were scum. I noticed you prodded a lot of people but always stayed on the fence like you weren't sure and wanted to hear more. Unfortunately you died too early as town last game so I am not sure how you play as town.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

yes yes sir.  also Nyn never casted a vote... direct town to play, but sit on the sidelines

I'm leaning scum on her right now

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Stark said:

if you read up a few posts I was prodding a bit more gently, you just came out with the whole/direct statement.

she also had that weird lean into @Barry McCockinner when he gave his 80% comment that i thought was clearly a joke.

I am definitely sharing some direct leans but now I have to go find evidence to prove my leans. I don't even want to share a lean unless I have at least a little something to go off of rather than just "gut" feelings which I've seen to be pretty hit or miss in Mafia. 

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

If you're town - dead wrong

if you're scum - come at me big boy

I am town and I may or may not come at you. Really depends on what I see. 

@AVM, welcome. You've been here, got any reads? What do you think of this Greece guy?

On 3/18/2020 at 5:31 PM, jvill 51 said:

LeeLou, your grace, allow to offer my explanation for why Pac should indeed be the choice to be sent to the gallows or, better yet, have his head stuck on a pike.

As you will clearly observe, if you have not already, he possesses an extremely unearned sense of bravado that will only grow, for reasons that defy explanation, as the game progresses. His ego threatens to swallow your reign whole, and Pac himself is no stranger to swallowing things whole given his clearly projection-driven penchant to give everyone an objectively horrendous nickname based on homosexuality or phallic objects.

I imagine that should your reign at some point end and you join the rank of the peasants, you will rue the day you decided to let him survive. Should the kingmaker inexplicably name Pac king, we will all undoubtedly be subjected to a king that makes Joffrey look like George Washington without the slaves.

Also, he sucks.

Vote Pac

On 3/18/2020 at 7:00 PM, Verbal said:

Fake Vote Count:

Pac (6) - 80, CTM, Barry, Pac, Jvill, Kdels

Nolder (2) - GATA, Stark

Spoot (2) - Spoot, Decker

Stark (1) - Drums

I don't know about you guys, but I'm trying to look into who would have killed Pac. Unfortunately that list is quite long but Jvill and 80 seem the most eager to kill him so far. (Only on page 14)

37 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I know it was only a 20 minute wait, but I literally watched drums bounce in and out of the thread after I asked him if he liked playing town or scum better (he's only played town prior to this game). Probably just too quick to expect a response but when I saw him recent browsing/not recent browsing/recent browsing during that time when he was active I thought he'd respond. He does strike me as a more calculated player who is going to take his time to formulate an answer - so maybe nothing but someone I'll be paying attention to.

Yeah man you were literally too impatient because I was responding to something else and had no idea you quoted me. Once I noticed, I answered you. Plain and simple. 

On 3/19/2020 at 2:32 PM, jvill 51 said:

giphy.gif

Unvote Vote Barry

Jvill, was your vote on Pac a joke and this more serious? Why the change?

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

The post you quoted from jvill was obviously a joke. I think the entire train may be but I'd have to look back to verify. One reason why he may have been a safe NK option.

Please do. 

On 3/19/2020 at 4:48 PM, JiF said:

Reading up now.  Nothing to pingy.  Only Barry pushing making a decision.   Jville calling it out but still wanting to kill Pac but then I liked him pointing out that Decker's ridiculous post could have been a diversion but that's just some out there sh*t so I dont really know what to think of it. 

Where you leaning? Who's your top 3?  I've still got a few pages to read. 

Jif, what's up? Thought you'd be more involved by now. No vote D1. Maybe some of you don't think the votes matter but I like looking at them as an extra piece to the puzzle.  Just had nothing to go on or what?

On 3/19/2020 at 5:29 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

It's D1 where people are joking and posting GIFs and sh*t. At some point I guess joke time is over and we're super serious. Someone has to die though - might as well be me.

This was your go-to excuse last game as scum. "Oh, vote me and you'll see..."

Yeah.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Were you responding to something else on this site?

Yeah didn't I respond to someone on that same page? Keep in mind I am also working from home and am not spending all of my working hours on this thread even if I have the tab open. Doesn't mean I am avoiding any questions, because I don't avoid anything. 

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

No - I asked the question at 2:58 PM yesterday. You posted at 2:52 PM, were bouncing in and out of the thread after my post at 2:58 PM, then didn't make another post on this site until you responded to me at 3:29 PM.

258pm.png.76f3b63eac141bda5118e04741e48c37.png

The below is a screenshot from your posting history.

329pm.png.99d836c379f4cb390932706e113ec4df.png

So either I caught you in a lie, or you're confused.

Neither, really. I just didn’t see your post when it happened and answered when I did. I don’t know how else to explain this. Your question wasn’t difficult to answer so I don’t see why anyone would avoid it. 

Just now, JiF said:

This guy has been a great addition.

Who invited him again?  

He is playing like Decker played last game (as scum). 

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

omg

Haha, brah, you are missed. 

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

we've established that you weren't

It's not a difficult question to answer if you're town but if you're scum for the first time you might take pause and make sure you don't screw up the answer. 

The time between posts isn't a big deal especially since you're working while posting. But the fact that I saw you bouncing in and out of the thread and your reason for not responding has changed from "I was responding to something else" to just "I didn't see your post" after I proved that you didn't respond to anything else in that time frame pings hard for me.

I like that you're doing your homework, and I get what you're saying, but I've told you the truth. Ever think I have the tab open and temporarily close the computer and then open it again? I am dying to interact in this thread man, trust me. Since I didn't have much to go on during D1, I was still checking for notifications. Just missed yours briefly. 

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Agreed. So either they wanted to send us down the trail sniffing around that train to waste time and confuse or they had some sort of PR read on Pac. That's exactly what drums came into the thread suggesting this morning btw.

Yup, I am okay wasting my time if that is what it takes to rule people in or out as scum. I like that you are tunneling on me. Good luck, my friend. 

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Let us know what you find out. You usually do a good job digging.

So far not much but I will if I find anything that is evidence based. Trying not to tinfoil. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Leelou said:

How much have you played with JiF?

This is my third time. He's always been town in my experience. I wasn't calling him scum though, just wanted him to come out and play. 

5 hours ago, AVM said:

Few reads:

Feel great about Crush, 80, CTM...but I'd bet my savings on Crush ATM. No read on my dears Leelou and Nyn, yet. Same with Nolder, though I feel less okay about him than the others.

Why so strongly on Crush? I'm still trying to get a feel for him but haven't focused much on him yet. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Guessing at the motives of the scum team is usually a useless venture and a distraction.

If a more experienced player was pushing it he/she would get run up very quickly.

Are you saying we should completely ignore what happens at night?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pretty much. Unless there’s info in the scene it’s worthless to try to figure why someone got killed or who would kill him/her.

Ok

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

if he's a noob he can still give thoughts even if they suck - like I do.

I lean scum on drums, stark, and the king. Could vote any of their entire asses.

nolder and kdels playing much differently than last game when they were town so kind of keeping an eye on them.

leelou and nyn seem friendly with each other - not sure if that's a normal thing but something that stood out. didn't like how leelou was upset with the way I cought drums in a lie and didn't care about the lie. I get you're not supposed to look at activity - but I didn't know what before and legit caught the dude in a lie.

that's about it.

You still think you caught me in a lie? 

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company