Sign in to follow this  
Verbal

Kingmaker Mafia - Game Over, Scum Win!

16 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

If not yours, then Jvill's. Couldn't remember.

Although not my friend, I do indeed have friends, and 100% didn’t sign up for the rookie draft because I have no friends. So thank you for correctly assuming I have friends.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Pac said:

Cool your jets Corky..  Leelou was witnessing my greatness while you were still playing with yourself watching Queer Eye season 1.

She knows that my tactics are a necessary evil and my mafia prowess speaks for itself.

image.gif.6b3ba2a7a1ea871ce75589d87e053e67.gif

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, greece666 said:

Have we started playing already?

Many thanks for the invite guys, honoured to be in your company!

You played before Greece? Also, what can you tell us about Decker drinking snake blood as part of a weird street gang initiation?

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, greece666 said:

Yes, I ve played before but never online. Decker sounds like amn interesting fellow.

I was told you guys were friends. Were you also in the gang?

3 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Hi there. Have you seen anyone act in a scummy way yet? 

Hello. The only thing that I would point to as scummy would be Decker's wall of text from a years old game. It could be seen as obfuscation and Decker did frequently refer to past games in his posts in the last game, where he was scum. However, he has already been much more active than last game, more coherent (though it would be hard not to be), and it seems he fancies himself as some sort of bizzaro JN mafia historian. I would still kill Pac.

5 minutes ago, Leelou said:

So...

1. Pac

2. Decker 

??

I like that you are prodding people and getting us out of joke phase and into gameplay phase rather than just chopping heads. And I don't like that Barry's latest post pushing you to make a move while you're getting people on record.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

exactly what scum pretending to be town would say.

love him burger king GIF by Cheezburger

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

So i have an issue with this post. It's like shading... then town brownies... and then a decision to vote elsewhere with no reason that I can see.

Did I miss anything?

I've already laid out my airtight case on Pac. And was more thinking out loud on the Decker thing. Was really the only thing that stood out amidst all the jokes and raised an eyebrow, but given all the other things I don't think it's anything all that concerning.

3 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Not voting for today:

Nyn

Pac

giphy.gif

Unvote Vote Barry

24 minutes ago, Pac said:

alright someone explain this to me?  so there's like 4 scum and a king maker who anoints a king every night and that person could be scum but they ultimately decide who's lynched?

and the KM can change their mind every night..  and if the KM is killed another townie will be given that power.

that sum it up?

I believe if KM dies then it just turns into regular majority rule mafia game

From what I gather - it's kind of a courtesy to not lynch mod of last game D1. Maybe I missed sarcasm but that was how I read it. If I read it correctly your post is pingy given you should know that. 

My opinion is you are throwing darts on D1. I know some people like to believe they're master scum hunters D1 - and maybe they actually are - but in my limited experience it seems like rando regardless of how much you think you're a master scum hunter. 

Villagers should take notice at how quickly some were to jump on me for jokes and stuff like this. Stark can also eat my entire ass.

The two games I’ve played here were actually pretty informative day 1, but we had a vig claim in the first one and scum bussed 80 in the second one. This one does feel more like blindly throwing darts, and I think some of that is a product of the set up where people are sort of coasting because it’s not ultimately their call. It’s natural, but also convenient cover for scum.

All that said, I just didn’t see your post as an obvious joke like you’re claiming. It’s not much and I wouldn’t vote for you on that alone later in the game, but I’m comfortable with it today given the lack of other information/options.

Personally I think @Leelou should take a look at @greece666 as well. Quiet and dropping a vote on GATA with no explanation isn’t helpful.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

She already voted spoot.

Which post are you referring to?

Yeah just saw. The post of yours I was talking about was the one where you said you wished she would make a decision already.

2 minutes ago, Leelou said:

I didn’t want to vote Greece yet since they are a new player here. It was definitely an odd vote though.

Yeah I figured you wouldn’t ultimately vote there but was thinking some deadline prodding could be useful down the road.

@Nolder I am just messing with you.

I do have a real request for the @KINGMAKER though. I think it makes sense to have a rule that a KING should be removed from the throne if they execute a townie. This will prevent a wicked tyrant from destroying the town from the throne.

That's not to say @Leelou is scum, she had the hardest day IMO. Just seems like a general good rule of thumb ...

Town please show your support with likes.

This sounds good in theory and may work fine early in the game, but not so much as we get deeper. If the KM and/or the town at large have a strong town read on the king I’d rather them keep that king coming off a mislynch then potentially naming scum who could then wreck the game. A hard and fast rule could sink the town, there needs to be wiggle room.

• Upvote 1

Never thought I’d say this but good job scum!

• Haha 4

Vote Greece

Again with the drive by vote on the GATAbot. What’s the deal Greece?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

^^^

decker randomly makes his one read as PAC who ends up getting NK'd and flips town

He seemed like the same guy as last game to me. I was scum mates w/him last game. Maybe a more nuanced read by nyn since she's played w/him more?

@Leelou did you ever explain why you wouldn't vote pac yesterday?

Nolder seems more talkative and engaged so far this game. Last game he was very quiet the entire game. Maybe nothing more than he's just more excited about a kingmaker game but definitely a different vibe than when he was VT last game.

maybe just a slip of the tongue but decker was talking about wanting to shoot people.

Decker was replaced by AVM who is now king. Hopefully he makes a solid bus kill D2. 😁

I thought the PAC NK was interesting. He didn't make any reads or anything - just was pac being pac. Maybe they thought it was a good move because his train built up and that obfuscated things. Maybe he has a history of self-voting when he has a PR?

80 pinged a bit for me when he tried too hard to make it seem like I thought I could influence the king late D1 with my crusher vote, then followed up w/a quick vote on me this morning.

I know it was only a 20 minute wait, but I literally watched drums bounce in and out of the thread after I asked him if he liked playing town or scum better (he's only played town prior to this game). Probably just too quick to expect a response but when I saw him recent browsing/not recent browsing/recent browsing during that time when he was active I thought he'd respond. He does strike me as a more calculated player who is going to take his time to formulate an answer - so maybe nothing but someone I'll be paying attention to.

Can someone explain to me why decker posting crap from the last kingmaker game was scummy? Seemed like he was just trying to get an idea of how these games play out to me.

My thoughts/questions so far.

Good post. The Decker/Pac thing could be Decker knowing too much. I don’t really understand the NK of him either, I didn’t see him make any strong reads and not many potential kings would have hesitated to lynch him. Could just be a NK to not give town any leads.

I think LeeLou explained her reasoning as being no one made an actual serious case against Pac.

80 I’m still trying to get a read on. Last game we were scummates and I don’t notice any overt similarities to his style, but no differences have stood out either.

The Drums thing seems like making something out of nothing to me. Plus I like that he picked up on Nyn playing similar to the way she did when she destroyed town a couple of days ago.

The Decker wall of text pinged because it was a ton of unhelpful info from years ago, and normally I’d think of that as an attempt to misdirect. But after I thought about it a bit I’m with you, a combination of weird Decker-ness and trying to figure out the variant.

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

Jvill, was your vote on Pac a joke and this more serious? Why the change?

Yes, although I would have been fine lynching him for the info on his train as I didn’t see any other apparent super-scummy behavior. And also because he’s Pac.

Changed because LeeLou said she wouldn’t kill him, and changed to Barry because of his post pushing LeeLou to make a decision when the game was starting to get serious (he has since said it was a joke but I didn’t take it as such)

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I think if they wanted a kill with no leads they would have shot an inactive vs someone who had half the game voting him at some point on D1.

Fair, I was talking more from the lens of him not making any strong reads, i.e. there’s no obvious motivation for scum to kill him because he was on somebody’s tail.

JiF’s reaction strikes me as genuine, and also nearly exactly how he responded to Ape last game minus the ensuing full on altercation.

I absolutely wouldn’t put it past CTM to intentionally instigate the Batman though after seeing how the Ape/JiF sh*tshow derailed town last game.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, greece666 said:

To answer some of the comments: I can barely tell you apart! This willl take some time.

Also, I've given my reasoning for voting Gata. He posted very little on the first day. IRL games, mafia guys either stay silent or never shut up so I thought he was a good bet.

To add to this, he's one of the few ppl here I can tell apart, has a fake profile pic, speaks Spanish and his name means female cat. 100% mafia.  

So given this reasoning shouldn’t you be a top suspect?

Also, while I’m not sure about how gender dynamics work in the AI community, you assigning a homicidal robotic killing machine a gender contrary to the one she herself has chosen seems somewhat suicidal.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, AVM said:

Are you one of the crowd that this is your second game? If not, how many are in?

This is my third game here, also played a couple of games 10+ years ago on JI

• Upvote 1

On 3/19/2020 at 4:27 PM, Leelou said:

Not voting for today:

Nyn

Pac

I know you explained why you weren't voting for Pac, but what was the reasoning for Nyn? I may have missed it but don't remember seeing it.

7 minutes ago, Leelou said:

I liked her participation levels at that time. She was one of the few digging into the game. 

Gotcha. Has that opinion changed?

On 3/19/2020 at 4:08 PM, Nynaeve said:
On 3/19/2020 at 3:02 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Definitely a fair amount of "bystander effect" or "deferring of responsibility" going on. 

Since the VC doesn't guarantee a lynch of anyone and its ultimately up to one person, the responsibility is ultimately yours and no one else's.  

As for me I just think it would be fun to kill Pac.  But if you insist on a more "serious" candidate, then I'd suggest killing Decker I suppose.  The mourning over there being no Ape was disgusting, lol.    

I dont like this post. The VC might not guarantee a lynch but it still puts players in a position where they commit to leans which is just as important.

On 3/20/2020 at 11:50 AM, Nynaeve said:
On 3/20/2020 at 11:48 AM, Stark said:
On 3/20/2020 at 11:43 AM, Nynaeve said:

The fact that stark puts more value in players that cast a vote without saying anything or giving any reason is funny in itself. And incredibly scummy.

giving reads without voting is basically worthless and a scummy thing to do, then call out town for not playing.

yeah, its funny to actually expect people to vote.

See comment above. 

scummy is to preach to town to play or else we lose and only give thoughts without actually voting. 

sweetie, your vote means nothing in this game so this whole "no voting means nothing" is crap and you know it. I stated my suspects ie who I'd vote for. That's all anyone needs to do.

I hope they crown me next cause I know who I'll be voting for ;) 

Struggling to reconcile the above posts. First the votes are just as important as during a regular game even though they don't guarantee a lynch, then the votes mean nothing?

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I know you didn’t make a promise to the people but it’s always implied. Still the combo of your pick and then Pac’s NK bothers me. That’s really it. A hunch based on a moment that I found convenient. 

Not following how Pac’s NK factors in here

1 minute ago, AVM said:

I can dig it - cheers mate!

Image result for stone cold stunner booker t gif

Vote Barry McCockinner

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

TOWN

Nolder

Leelou