Kingmaker Mafia - Game Over, Scum Win!

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

You played before Greece? Also, what can you tell us about Decker drinking snake blood as part of a weird street gang initiation?

Yes, I ve played before but never online. Decker sounds like amn interesting fellow.

19 minutes ago, GATA said:

Your Spanish is very stiff. 

Is that what we're calling it now?

6 minutes ago, greece666 said:

Decker sounds like amn interesting fellow.

That is a delicate way of putting it, yes.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

They don't call me Barry McMath for nothing.

20 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Sexy nickname... I bet it helps you heaps with the ladies...

College Math majors have the highest earning income potential of any other major.

It damn well should help with the ladies.  

20 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

That's all the ones we had who stuck.

We also had SR24, pdxgreen, and ID who played a bit the first game, then subbed out. Gastineau had, like, 2 posts last game before he bailed. Then there was HelenofTroy, who took one look at CTM's game thread, scrubbed her profile, and basically fled JetNation.

Unfortunate casualties.  Clear evidence this game isn't for everyone, and we're a bunch of dorks.  lol.  

Oh well, the trial by fire served its purpose.  Mafia is back, baby!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

College Math majors have the highest earning income potential of any other major.

It damn well should help with the ladies.  

Plot twist:  I was a math major in college.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nolder said:

Nerd.

Haha. It is a play about murder, revenge, and destiny. Your icon is Pokemon. Mine is king of the fookin' jungle. Who's the bigger nerd here? (And I am definitely a nerd)

2 hours ago, Leelou said:

So Drums, what are your thoughts so far? 

In my experience (two games, so not much) quiet people are dangerous. That's why I voted Stark. I do agree with what people have said about Pac-- just basically that he is annoying--but that might not be enough to kill someone yet.

I hate D1 because my brain hurts reading through all of the nonsense. Big fan of day 3 on, though.

Anyway, I am teaching from home now so I'll definitely be re-reading through the thread when I have some more time today. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Drums said:

In my experience (two games, so not much) quiet people are dangerous. That's why I voted Stark. I do agree with what people have said about Pac-- just basically that he is annoying--but that might not be enough to kill someone yet.

I hate D1 because my brain hurts reading through all of the nonsense. Big fan of day 3 on, though.

Anyway, I am teaching from home now so I'll definitely be re-reading through the thread when I have some more time today. 

I can appreciate that. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Leelou said:

At this point, I’m not surprised on the run up on Pac, but I am surprised there isn’t a stronger second train. 

It was the joke phase.  But it could still prove informative to know Pac's alignment in light of that quick train.   Up to you, my Queen.  

6 minutes ago, Drums said:

Haha. It is a play about murder, revenge, and destiny. Your icon is Pokemon. Mine is king of the fookin' jungle. Who's the bigger nerd here? (And I am definitely a nerd)

What do you like playing better, scum or town?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Leelou said:

I feel like there are a lot of safe Day 1 “votes” being thrown around with no real reasoning behind them. 

Definitely a fair amount of "bystander effect" or "deferring of responsibility" going on. 

Since the VC doesn't guarantee a lynch of anyone and its ultimately up to one person, the responsibility is ultimately yours and no one else's.  

As for me I just think it would be fun to kill Pac.  But if you insist on a more "serious" candidate, then I'd suggest killing Decker I suppose.  The mourning over there being no Ape was disgusting, lol.    

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Definitely a fair amount of "bystander effect" or "deferring of responsibility" going on. 

Since the VC doesn't guarantee a lynch of anyone and its ultimately up to one person, the responsibility is ultimately yours and no one else's.  

As for me I just think it would be fun to kill Pac.  But if you insist on a more "serious" candidate, then I'd suggest killing Decker I suppose.  The mourning over there being no Ape was disgusting, lol.    

Decker’s digging into the old game isn’t a great look, either.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

you know i dont mind ape, right? i dont mind pac either. i tend to sheep Ape's reads as town when im in endgame, or use them extensively when i have nothing.

Just now, Leelou said:

Decker’s digging into the old game isn’t a great look, either.

That part was ill-advised but I don't think it was necessarily alignment-indicative.  He could have just been overzealous, eager town OR he was being a "try-hard" scum.  Either scenario makes sense to me.  

1 minute ago, deckerfan said:

you know i dont mind ape, right? i dont mind pac either. i tend to sheep Ape's reads as town when im in endgame, or use them extensively when i have nothing.

"Not minding" Ape is far different from grieving a loved one like you were doing, lol.  It was a bit over the top.