Kingmaker Mafia - Game Over, Scum Win!

3 minutes ago, Leelou said:

How? 

If the King doesnt pick the majority, what do votes tell you?  What if the King is mafia?  

I think they can be just as much of a distraction and lead to nothing then they can be useful.

Honestly, I think the best way to approach the game is let the King give their top 2-3 reads and gather votes and explain the decision and we go from there.  I just think analyzing vote trains in a game where they technically dont matter can just be unproductive.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

No one? Are we voting? I asked AVM if he wanted to continue that precedent but he never answered me.

1 hour ago, Leelou said:

People have been voting. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He said at the very start of the day he wanted the town's input.

FFS.  

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

That's not the same thing.

???

It's not really that kind of game. If you want me to make some fake ass vote just say so. It's not that hard to ask lol.

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

This is the sh*t I'm talking about. AVM is taking too long so everyone is going at each other for minor things.

So to be clear, you asked about keeping things the same - to which I said I wanted towns input - then you never vote and in the span of an hour complain about voting and that I'm waiting on voting?

I want to kill you off just for being so GD annoying this game, FFS.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

If the King doesnt pick the majority, what do votes tell you?  What if the King is mafia?  

I think they can be just as much of a distraction and lead to nothing then they can be useful.

Honestly, I think the best way to approach the game is let the King give their top 2-3 reads and gather votes and explain the decision and we go from there.  I just think analyzing vote trains in a game where they technically dont matter can just be unproductive.  

If the king doesn't pick the majority could mean they are both scum. So that's helpful.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

Ok I don't like how that just went down so let me explain myself. I'm not being stubborn just for the sake of it, not exactly. When playing a themed game I like to lean into the theme most of the time. Like if it's a Western theme I'll challenge people to duels and sh*t you know? Whether it's a mechanic of the game or not. In this game we KNOW the game is different and that's what I like about it. I'm here to play KINGMAKER not MAFIA. The difference is there is a king who decides everything and we need to convince the king to make the right (or wrong depending on your alignment I guess) decision. That's different and different is interesting (not always fun, juries still out for this imo) and I want to experience that difference. I don't want to treat this like just another mafia game where we vote and majority decides. You all know I love that sh*t, we all do, but I'm here for something different. There is not real voting and so I don't see it as ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY that we fake it and keep a record. I feel that thematically that should be the Kings decision. If I'm king I'm not going to make you guys vote (you can if you want idc) and I may or may not listen to a majority decision. I'm definitely not holding myself to it. Because that's different and I like that.

So. I didn't mean to step on any toes and if you think it's important to vote and that matters to you guys I will do so. But I hope you better understand where I'm coming from now. I want to embrace the ways in which this ISN'T normal mafia not manipulate it until it might as well be, ya know? That's all.

There's a big difference between playing the game differently and not playing the game. There are quite a few barely doing the latter and forcing people to discuss their thoughts and make a stand actually gets that happening.

You're also saying you're going to do exactly what I said I would do as king. So...there's that, too.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If the king doesn't pick the majority could mean they are both scum. So that's helpful.

And now we're on a dangerous slope.  Just because the King doesnt pick right doesnt mean they're mafia.  I've got a town lean on Leelou right now even though she chose wrong.  I think eventually that could come into play but right now?  We could decimate each other.  Hence, give your top 2-3 and let the town only vote there.  It forces the town to take a stance and moves the game along.  Right now we are going in circles and every time I see "fake vote count" I want to puke. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiF said:

That said, neither have really been on my radar so let me go back and check them out a bit.

See!  This is forcing me to go look at players, I otherwise would have not.

#GOAT

I've seen the error of my ways. The people want a kind King, but what they really need is an iron fist*!

*Or the chaotic randomness of chance...either way. Let's find out!

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, AVM said:

So to be clear, you asked about keeping things the same - to which I said I wanted towns input - then you never vote and in the span of an hour complain about voting and that I'm waiting on voting?

I want to kill you off just for being so GD annoying this game, FFS.

I think your timeline is a little off.

15 minutes ago, AVM said:

There's a big difference between playing the game differently and not playing the game. There are quite a few barely doing the latter and forcing people to discuss their thoughts and make a stand actually gets that happening.

You're also saying you're going to do exactly what I said I would do as king. So...there's that, too.

If that first part is a dig at me, yeah I guess I could be doing more. This is a bigger game than I like and I know you haven't played in awhile but I'm not really that into big games anymore. With that said though it looks like we've picked up some new players and big games are a regular thing again so I better figure out how to deal with that if I want to keep playing.

As for the second thing. Well I can say I would keep my reign shorter than yours and leave it at that.

Wow, okay. 

Kdels is "coasting" which plenty of scum seem to do early on in my experience. Not only that but I've made my own points and reads and others seemed to have made similar reads after I've posted. 

Those that have played with Kdels know something is off with his play. 

Maybe we are both villagers but at this point I think I am helping town more now and hopefully in the long run.

4 minutes ago, AVM said:

Are you trying to make the case that I'm misconstruing what you said or legitimately saying the timing is off?

Lol the latter. I hope it's not on purpose! You haven't given me any reason to think so....although you do seem to have a guilty conscience if you couldn't tell what I meant. Should I be worried?

27 minutes ago, AVM said:

Don't worry, sweetheart. I'm here.

Your choices are Kdels or drums. Have a majority by then or I kill someone at random.

HOWS THAT FOR CHAOS BITCHES

I'm ok with this.

Drums was involved in that thing earlier where someone was "caught" lying about not being around or whatever right?

30 minutes ago, AVM said:

Don't worry, sweetheart. I'm here.

Your choices are Kdels or drums. Have a majority by then or I kill someone at random.

HOWS THAT FOR CHAOS BITCHES

I’m down with that. 

Vote drums 

because voting for myself when I’m town would be dumb

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

Wow, okay. 

Kdels is "coasting" which plenty of scum seem to do early on in my experience. Not only that but I've made my own points and reads and others seemed to have made similar reads after I've posted. 

Those that have played with Kdels know something is off with his play. 

Maybe we are both villagers but at this point I think I am helping town more now and hopefully in the long run.

You’re making a case against me even tho you have to vote for me. That’s weird.

I do love the idea that it has be between us and it takes the pressure off the king. 

3 minutes ago, Nolder said:

If that first part is a dig at me, yeah I guess I could be doing more. This is a bigger game than I like and I know you haven't played in awhile but I'm not really that into big games anymore. With that said though it looks like we've picked up some new players and big games are a regular thing again so I better figure out how to deal with that if I want to keep playing.

As for the second thing. Well I can say I would keep my reign shorter than yours and leave it at that.

Fair enough on the larger games point.

As for the reign...I came in near lunch time on Friday and there were large gaps of things slowing down over the weekend (though more than we used to have, likely thanks to the virus as you pointed out maybe Saturday?). I don't consider a 1.5 weekday time frame to be unreasonable in a new game mode where we need information.

It's not just information for the town collective - the Kingmaker needs to make the right decisions here, too. So while we can agree to disagree on vote count mattering, the conversation in the groups that I pointed out at some point over the weekend has hopefully given the Kingmaker a bit more intel on who is more trustworthy.

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Lol the latter. I hope it's not on purpose! You haven't given me any reason to think so....although you do seem to have a guilty conscience if you couldn't tell what I meant. Should I be worried?

No..I'm asking because the quotes I'm referencing literally both say "1 hour ago" so I'm not sure how my timing can be off lol (and this is where I miss the old rolling laughing emoji)

Both are on my scum list but I lean more on drums being scum because I caught him lying then he kept changing his story to explain it. It also seemed like he talked about scum hunting and told someone else to get scum hunting while in reality he wasn't doing much compared to what I recall him doing in other games. 

kdels is definitely acting odd and unlike other games I've seen him play in but it could sincerely be that this is a different format. So far I'm leaning towards buying his explanation but I do have an eyebrow raised. 

This is my take.