Kingmaker Mafia - Game Over, Scum Win!

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We need to lynch scum however we can.  If that means keeping the Kingmaker alive and then forcing every subsequent King to cooperate or die, so be it.  

Yeah I wanted that from the beginning not when we’d lose the numbers game.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

what is the butt secks devil doing?

kdels is atleast contributing, other than some weird transgender robot fantasy fetish larping foreplay with g@tabot, has greece666 done anything?

absolutely nothing I've quoted him and nada 

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Do you want me to clarify why the game type and the logic of players in the early game annoyed me and led me want to rid the game of over speculators running rampant with bad info? I even avoided being too adamant with my observations because they were hunches and generally irrelevant. I found people acting like the game type was normal to be scummy and it led us to this point. With a bad use of anarchy and on the verge of almost equal scum to townspeople ratio. 

There seems to be this misconception by some that there were two groups - those who wanted to treat the game "like normal" and those who "accepted" it wasn't normal. And that's fine and partially the truth. The problem is that the people who seemingly got so bent out of shape by the "treating it like normal" crowd didn't exactly have an alternative to hearing peoples thoughts and making cases. Not that I can remember, anyway. Hell, I gave you what you people asked for - I just made a choice on my own and somehow the game still sucks? It's just very confusing to me.

In reality I felt like there were two groups but one who was trying to get information in whatever way we could - most of us (myself included) chose the classic way - and the other group that kind of just sat around complaining that it's not normal mafia. We know. Not being normal mafia gave you what I did - and it didn't work out so well. It's also helped camouflage scum because there's more in-fighting than typical in this game...making it easy for folks to coast and at this point even get post outraged responses because well everyone is doing it lol

Maybe I'm oversimplifying it or missing the point, I don't know.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, AVM said:

vote Greece as I think this is all we're getting

6 minutes ago, AVM said:

6 minutes ago, AVM said:

^^I'm responsive, if nothing else...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

what is the butt secks devil doing?

kdels is atleast contributing, other than some weird transgender robot fantasy fetish larping foreplay with g@tabot, has greece666 done anything?

1 minute ago, GATA said:

Yeah...I feel like the conversation on the setup and all the frustration makes it even easier than usual for folks to skate by.

31 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Just incredibly dumb play in this game because people wanted to pretend like it was a normal game type. The best hope is that Leelou survives the next night part and is made king or you hope that kingmaker claims to be kingmaker and sacrifices himself/ herself and turns this game into a normal game. 

Why me? 

3 minutes ago, AVM said:

There seems to be this misconception by some that there were two groups - those who wanted to treat the game "like normal" and those who "accepted" it wasn't normal. And that's fine and partially the truth. The problem is that the people who seemingly got so bent out of shape by the "treating it like normal" crowd didn't exactly have an alternative to hearing peoples thoughts and making cases. Not that I can remember, anyway. Hell, I gave you what you people asked for - I just made a choice on my own and somehow the game still sucks? It's just very confusing to me.

In reality I felt like there were two groups but one who was trying to get information in whatever way we could - most of us (myself included) chose the classic way - and the other group that kind of just sat around complaining that it's not normal mafia. We know. Not being normal mafia gave you what I did - and it didn't work out so well. It's also helped camouflage scum because there's more in-fighting than typical in this game...making it easy for folks to coast and at this point even get post outraged responses because well everyone is doing it lol

This... ^^^^

2 minutes ago, GATA said:

1 minute ago, AVM said:

Yeah...I feel like the conversation on the setup and all the frustration makes it even easier than usual for folks to skate by.

Wasn't there some point earlier where he was playing without having read his role? Didn't verbal smack him in thread?

1 minute ago, AVM said:

This assumes there isn’t a benefit to scum by treating the game as normal. Clearly there is and clearly there will be. 

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Yep.

Then what is the benefit of not claiming at this point? I mean at best (unless someone claimed vanilla that is Kingmaker) they know not to fire in a pool of two people. It leaves less certainty for town...meaning again, scum has more info than town.

I get not wanting to go down this road but we're here now, is my point.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Wasn't there some point earlier where he was playing without having read his role? Didn't verbal smack him in thread?

Verbal said apparently he didn't read the role or something. IDK if he was going to get him replaced or not since he had to get decker replaced. 

Hence, now we have AVM 

1 minute ago, Drums said:

Huh?

I think Nyn is kingmaker, based on her reaction

and

If i was scum, I wouldn't kill Kingmaker until I had to. Anti town role.

Imagine in 2 days it's 5 town vs 4 scum and King decides to crown scum? Scum wins

2 minutes ago, AVM said:

Then what is the benefit of not claiming at this point? I mean at best (unless someone claimed vanilla that is Kingmaker) they know not to fire in a pool of two people. It leaves less certainty for town...meaning again, scum has more info than town.

I get not wanting to go down this road but we're here now, is my point.

The benefit is that the numbers game benefits scum after tonight (unless we manage to lynch scum). The only way to beat the numbers game is with town king. 
Also it puts pressure on scum to not just lynch Leelou/80 tonight. And gives the kingmaker a townie to give the king role to.

This assumes there isn’t a benefit to scum by treating the game as normal. Clearly there is and clearly there will be. 

Scum likely split on both sides...I don't think I'm following your point here? I thought you were advocating to hide the Kingmaker and not have them reveal - so what does that have to do with a "normal" game benefiting scum? We're not debating how we're going to play this - normal or with the King doing whatever they want - we're debating whether or not roles should claim. Maybe I'm just really dumb - which is probably the problem here.

As to your point, though, yes - there is no cop, so a "standard" game is more difficult for town than scum. But with the Kingmaker in the game there is the potential that scum get the power to decide the lynch leading to the potential for bussing, for killing off town PR's, etc. So there are benefits to scum both ways and the best equalizer is for the town to have more information.

Because I don’t think 80 survives the night. And you’re a townie that could be a confirmed townie king. It could also be CTM but I felt like singling you out.

Yeah I don’t want to be king again, that was agony on D1 lol.