Word from the outside of the inside

OBJ sucked last year because Baker Mayfield is overrated hot garbage.  Teams doubled his first read (OBJ) while at the same time blitzing or fake blitzing and that was a wrap

OBJ with Sam Darnold returns to superstar status.  That’s why he wants to come here.  He can come back to NY and be with a great up and coming qb 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, slats said:

Is this something you feel people should be admitting at this time? 

No just a hypothetical. My guess is if he ultimately doesn’t become a FQB it’ll be a Sanchez/Geno thing where most wont admit he isn’t the guy until he’s long gone.  

• Thumb Down 1

22 hours ago, jgb said:

I wonder what, besides poor performance, obviously, it would take before Jets fans would ever admit Darnold isn’t a good QB.

There are plenty of Jets fans, me included, that say Darnold is not a good QB. He has great arm talent, but his head is still in college...

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

16 hours ago, JTJet said:

Maybe Adams for OBJ and a 2nd. 

THE STUPIDEST...

Trading a productive player for someone you'll hate more and who actually has no correlation with winning or improving anyone around him.

Just racist stupidity because you don't like black people smarter, better looking, and with a future you never had.

• Thumb Down 9
  • WTF? 3

4 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

To be fair he has been playing in front of a high school JV o-line.

Absolutely, but his thinking and processing is at his pro experience level, which is not a lot and he makes rookie mistakes. I believe he CAN grow. We'll see because the OL is fixing not to be a major issue.

3 hours ago, phill1c said:

THE STUPIDEST...

Trading a productive player for someone you'll hate more and who actually has no correlation with winning or improving anyone around him.

Just racist stupidity because you don't like black people smarter, better looking, and with a future you never had.

WPOTW

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, phill1c said:

There are plenty of Jets fans, me included, that say Darnold is not a good QB. He has great arm talent, but his head is still in college...

All we know about darnold is that he’s not very good with an admittedly garbage cast. Where I differ from most is that it doesn’t automatically mean he will be good/great/elite with a better cast. I sure hope so, but I’d say “elite” is probably off the table from what I’ve seen. Said long ago Romo is is ceiling, I stick to that.

• WTF? 1

16 hours ago, jgb said:

All we know about darnold is that he’s not very good with an admittedly garbage cast. Where I differ from most is that it doesn’t automatically mean he will be good/great/elite with a better cast. I sure hope so, but I’d say “elite” is probably off the table from what I’ve seen. Said long ago Romo is is ceiling, I stick to that.

The cast is no better or worse than he is. Leveon Bell, NOT garbage. the WRs, NOT garbage. The OL was garbage. But that doesn't excuse all his mistakes.

• Upvote 1

THE STUPIDEST...
Not that I would endorse trading Adams for obj I would much rather keep Adams but I am curious to know what that trade would have to do with race? I don't get it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

25 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Not that I would endorse trading Adams for obj I would much rather keep Adams but I am curious to know what that trade would have to do with race? I don't get it.

the notion of trading your best player, an All Pro, and Jamal Adams in particular, is the racist part. They don't like him because he's Black and too uppity for their tastes. IF he were White, they'd be wearing his jersey and anointing him to Canton. You really don't see that?!

Trading FOR OBJ is just stupid and, again, in keep with the racist profile: they're stupid.

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, phill1c said:

the notion of trading your best player, an All Pro, and Jamal Adams in particular, is the racist part. They don't like him because he's Black and too uppity for their tastes. IF he were White, they'd be wearing his jersey and anointing him to Canton. You really don't see that?!

Trading FOR OBJ is just stupid and, again, in keep with the racist profile: they're stupid.

Take your crap some where else. You should get a time out with your drivel.

• Upvote 3

On 3/18/2020 at 6:08 PM, GREENBEAN said:

I have a guy who has somewhat of an inside scoop from the Jets and this is what he told me. Take it for what it is. Rumor. 

The Jets believe they can resign Robby and are almost ready to impress more urgency on him in the next 24-48 hours. They have had talks with other WR's but are waiting for Robby first.  They may sign another even if Robby is retained but they want to know his number first.  

That's not all that new and most of us kinda know that already. Now here for the actual news...

The Jets may have the preliminaries worked out with the Browns for an obj trade. If they cannot retain Robby they will switch gears and work on making that happen with the Browns. The problem is odell's contract and they will not pay both Robby and Beckham.  Robby remains preferred. 

He did not know the specific compensation but said it may include both player and draft capital. He told me that he believed there to be 2021 stuff involved. 

I don't know how I feel if this were to hav truth to it. Any thoughts? 

wtf is this guy talking about?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Dude stop it.  This is about sports it has nothing to do with race/politics.  Just because you disagree doesn’t mean you make a wild accusation like that 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, phill1c said:

No one can deny things like bias, jealousy, racism, etc aren't part of the human condition.

But you can't really prove what you're saying. For starters there are a ton of Jets fans of every race who do exactly what you say they don't: they LOVE Jamal, wear his jersey and anoint him to Canton. Just go to a Jets home game and see - I'd wager his jersey is the most popular.

Otherwise there are some folks, like me, who weren't in love with his behavior when his name came up in trade talks last season. Which had zero to do with whether he was black or white - he just came off on Twitter and in public like a spoiled brat - like many young athletes of all races do in these modern Twitter times. Has zero do with race.

There are any number of foolish white athletes like Jeremy Shockey who turned off people of all races, same as there are any number of foolish athletes of other races who do the same.

• Upvote 1

I was under the impression that obj was also black. Like I said I want to keep Jamal Adams I believe he is the better player I just don't understand where trading Jamal for obj would have underlying racism.

The cast is no better or worse than he is. Leveon Bell, NOT garbage. the WRs, NOT garbage. The OL was garbage. But that doesn't excuse all his mistakes.

So what are you saying? I see what you’re not saying. We had a coach trying to execute a system without the talent he needs for it. The combination of average receivers, a lack of pass protection and running backs who scare no one was dismal. And Darnold was constantly throwing on the run. That’s not a recipe for success.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 3/21/2020 at 1:33 PM, phill1c said:

THE STUPIDEST...

4 hours ago, phill1c said:

Not sure how many times I can say that this isn't the place for this kind of commentary. I won't even comment on what you said, I will leave it at this:

1. This isn't the place for it.

2. We now have to quarantine you because you have been banned and warned numerous times.

Because these are stressful times this ban will be 30 days, it should be much longer or permanent.  Take care.

• Post of the Week 1