Word from the outside of the inside

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I'll deny the talent. He drops a ton of passes, runs sloppy routes and is a full fledged headcase. There's zero reason to give up any sort of assets for him. 

He is also a big play guy who has consistently gone over 1,000 yards per season.  One of 4 WRs with over 6,000 yards and 45+ TDs since entering the league in 2014 (DeAndre Hopkins, AB and Mike Evans are the other 3).  No denying he is a head case, and I don't want to trade for him.  But you don't accumulate the numbers he has without being talented.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

He is also a big play guy who has consistently gone over 1,000 yards per season.  One of 4 WRs with over 6,000 yards and 45+ TDs since entering the league in 2014 (DeAndre Hopkins, AB and Mike Evans are the other 3).  No denying he is a head case, and I don't want to trade for him.  But you don't accumulate the numbers he has without being talented.

Prior to the injury- sure. He's gotten even wackier and will demand undeserved targets- based solely on past rep and his price tag. He doesnt concentrate. He struggles to get open. His routes stink. Pairing that with a young QB who isnt exactly Mr. Confident just yet would be a totally idiotic move. Gase didnt want Bell...you think he wants to babysit another hump the owner wants?

8 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I doubt this vague rumor was leaked to a guy to tell his friend on a message board, so that Robby 'the avid reader' Anderson would find out and sign for less money than he wants. If this rumor appeared from a legit source like Connor Hughes, then I would agree with you.  

lol ... if it's a deliberate move by JD to tell Robbie to "$h*t or get off of the $h*tter" then there will be at least one more guy on a message board (maybe a "tweets for twits" board) that JD leaks the rumor to!

I have a guy who has somewhat of an inside scoop from the Jets and this is what he told me. Take it for what it is. Rumor. 
The Jets believe they can resign Robby and are almost ready to impress more urgency on him in the next 24-48 hours. They have had talks with other WR's but are waiting for Robby first.  They may sign another even if Robby is retained but they want to know his number first.  
That's not all that new and most of us kinda know that already. Now here for the actual news...
The Jets may have the preliminaries worked out with the Browns for an obj trade. If they cannot retain Robby they will switch gears and work on making that happen with the Browns. The problem is odell's contract and they will not pay both Robby and Beckham.  Robby remains preferred. 
He did not know the specific compensation but said it may include both player and draft capital. He told me that he believed there to be 2021 stuff involved. 
I don't know how I feel if this were to hav truth to it. Any thoughts? 

OBJ is toxic. He is a younger Antonio Brown. Another TO. Just like Ocho Cinco.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

26 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I just don’t see it happening.  Not what Ozzie would have taught joe d.  If anything it’s a ploy to get Anderson to sign.  If Anderson goes elsewhere, I believe the rumor he’d go after Dorset and draft wrs.

Dorsett sucks and is not a replacement for Robby imo.  I would think JD would prefer to fail up as opposed to down. Then again there's Fant. :)  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, jetsfansince7 said:

OBJ is toxic. He is a younger Antonio Brown. Another TO. Just like Ocho Cinco.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

let's say it's Avery that is the player. That's 8.5 mil off of the books. odell is what... $15 mil? So that makes it a 6.5 mil net increase. That makes it a bit more realistic no? 

3 minutes ago, SR24 said:

We could probably afford both but I’d have to pick Trent 

I figured that after the past to days. lol 

I'd go with odell if the two were an actual choice.  He's got much more football left to play than TW.  left tackle is  bigger need though so there's that. 

31 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I doubt this vague rumor was leaked to a guy to tell his friend on a message board, so that Robby 'the avid reader' Anderson would find out and sign for less money than he wants. If this rumor appeared from a legit source like Connor Hughes, then I would agree with you.  

The legit source who got literally every single FA the Jets were going to sign wrong? That Connor Hughes?   lol

Yeah this isn't a leak. It's a guy I know that works for the Jets who gives me nuggets from time to time. He told me about CJ Mosely last year before it happened so there's at least some credence. But I doubt it too in truth.  It's definitely not a ploy do pressure Robby. That's for sure. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I figured that after the past to days. lol 

I'd go with odell if the two were an actual choice.  He's got much more football left to play than TW.  left tackle is  bigger need though so there's that. 

I’d love either move I’m just scared of the 4 OTs going before 11 

Just now, SR24 said:

I’d love either move I’m just scared of the 4 OTs going before 11 

I hear ya. I was hoping the Cards would grab Tee Dee lamb, but that's overkill now. They're grabbing a T. Probably Wirfs or Wills to play RT. 

It's really is concerning.  I am actually quite high on Josh Jones though and would be perfectly fine with him. We may even be able to trade down a bit and still grab him or Austin Jackson, who I don't like as much. Jackson is still strong though. He just needs a min imo. 

There are a few more sprinkled in later too. Niang and Tega Wanogho are good players and will be able to be starters in the league I think. 

8 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

The legit source who got literally every single FA the Jets were going to sign wrong? That Connor Hughes?   lol

Yeah this isn't a leak. It's a guy I know that works for the Jets who gives me nuggets from time to time. He told me about CJ Mosely last year before it happened so there's at least some credence. But I doubt it too in truth.  It's definitely not a ploy do pressure Robby. That's for sure. 

aw, you got my joke. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

The Browns deal was a 1, a 3 and Peppers.  There’s no way the deal will be for less as all of the signing bonus has been absorbed and you are left with a  cheap 15 mil a year player when it should be closer to 20.

This will never happen but it’s fun to speculate.

4 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I hear ya. I was hoping the Cards would grab Tee Dee lamb, but that's overkill now. They're grabbing a T. Probably Wirfs or Wills to play RT. 

It's really is concerning.  I am actually quite high on Josh Jones though and would be perfectly fine with him. We may even be able to trade down a bit and still grab him or Austin Jackson, who I don't like as much. Jackson is still strong though. He just needs a min imo. 

There are a few more sprinkled in later too. Niang and Tega Wanogho are good players and will be able to be starters in the league I think. 

it’s just too risky if we get OBJ I’d love to sign Peters for a year as insurance 

39 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Prior to the injury- sure. He's gotten even wackier and will demand undeserved targets- based solely on past rep and his price tag. He doesnt concentrate. He struggles to get open. His routes stink. Pairing that with a young QB who isnt exactly Mr. Confident just yet would be a totally idiotic move. Gase didnt want Bell...you think he wants to babysit another hump the owner wants?

Come on, you really think JD would not walk away right now if the owner called and told him who to trade for?    Be realistic. 

10 minutes ago, Hael said:

The Browns deal was a 1, a 3 and Peppers.  There’s no way the deal will be for less as all of the signing bonus has been absorbed and you are left with a  cheap 15 mil a year player when it should be closer to 20.

Different Front office man.  I hear ya, but this stuff happens all the time when a new sheriff comes to town.

i don't think it's the strongest blurb in the world either though, but its not that unrealistic to dump the $15 mil and get rid of a potential problem right before a deep WR draft. 

For all intents and purposes Beckham has played his career with 2 former #1 overall pick QBs, one of which is a border line HOF player.

In games he's played his team is 31-44.

That's obviously not all on him.  Honestly it's tough to know for sure if any of it is on him.   But I don't think anyone should be hanging their hats on him being the guy that magically turns fortunes of franchises.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

11 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

3rd and Avery. 

I’d wanna keep Avery tho. Him and CJ seem like a good duo. 

I like Avery too, but placing the value on the offense would be wise. It seems like that's what we're doing and I hope it continues. 

The idea of Avery and Mosely together is just awesome. I can't believe the cluster F*ck of a year we had where we didn't even get one play of those two on the field together. That said, if you can parlay Avery into a top 10 WR with CJ Mosely sticking around to man the middle, you have to consider it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Hael said:

And this is why it will cost less to us not more. Giants had to absorb the bonus not browns. If browns trade obj they won’t have to absorb nothing. Bonuses was already paid by giants. Am I wrong?

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I'll deny the talent. He drops a ton of passes, runs sloppy routes, throws teammates under the bus, and is a full fledged headcase. There's zero reason to give up any sort of assets for him. 

Oh come on, no talent?  You get five 1,000 yard seasons three over 1300 yards, years of 12, 13 and 10 tds.

This is the exact same sh*t as was said about brandon marshall and he was the last #1 wr we had.

You are fully entitled to think he is a head case but denying his talent puts your cred at risk.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I'll deny the talent. He drops a ton of passes, runs sloppy routes, throws teammates under the bus, and is a full fledged headcase. There's zero reason to give up any sort of assets for him. 

Add to that is he is injured a lot.  Agree totally

You guys are cracked out. OBJ will instantly be the most talented player in Jets history. The whole narrative of him being a cancer in the locker room is ridiculous. Is he a diva? Hell yeah but so is every other receiver in this league. 

• Upvote 2