The Jets will win the AFC East this season

Maxman

46 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Don't make me go back and search for last years "Predictions". LOL. I have the time today....

Believe you had us at 11-5. That was before you dissapeared for 2 months while going 1-7, of course. 

SAR was right.  If not for the injuries and the illness, we would have gone 11-5.

6-2 x 2 = 12-4 

SAR I

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Not you.  SAR. LOL. He did the same W/L breakdown last year and had us at 11-5? Then it was "Its OK, 0-3 gets us 10-6!", then he vanished for October and November.

Untitled.jpg

Like Josh Allen, your poor decision-making is your undoing.

SAR I

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

None of that matters.

The Patriots and Bills are taking big steps backwards.  The Dolphins steps forward will be baby steps.  The Jets were the rightful wildcard team last season and were robbed by illness and injury.  Darnold in his third year and the rest of the division falling back is enough to give the Jets the division. 

2021 when the Bills move on from Allen and whoever the Dolphins draft is in his second year, that's a slight concern.  But 2020?  No worries at all.

SAR I

Bills took a step backwards? Please Elaborate in detail.

1 hour ago, peebag said:

says the man gobbling hand fulls of Orange Sunshine last year.

Last season was great, couldn’t have gone any better.  6-2 after 1-7 is better than a 1-4 finish and a humiliating wildcard loss.  We proved a lot last season, this season is going to be great. 

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Head coach who can’t beat winning teams. Loading up on expensive free agents. Building around a bad quarterback.

SAR I

1. He has beaten teams with winning records..........

2. What expensive free agent have the bills signed? Both McGovern and Fant make more than any free agent the Bills have signed.

3. How does building around their quarterback make them worse in 2020?

14 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

The 9-7 Titans.  Twice.  Not exactly exciting.  Last year, the Bills beat the same amount of winning teams as the Jets-  1.

17 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

2. What expensive free agent have the bills signed? Both McGovern and Fant make more than any free agent the Bills have signed.

If you get Melvin Gordon, for example.  And you acquired Stefon Diggs.  Two malcontent/holdout types who won't stand for Allen sailing balls to Rochester when they're wide open.

19 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Building around the wrong quarterback sets your franchise back half a decade or more.  You should know this.  Every Bills quarterback since 1996, for example.

Look, the Bills have a nice roster but they are handicapped by a bad quarterback and the Jets are going to be much improved next year.  Elite defenses eat Allen alive and Belichick is still out there too.  You'll go 9-7 and miss the wildcard in the AFC, the exact scenario that would have played out in 2019 if the Jets weren't a M*A*S*H unit.

SAR I

35 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Hook, line and sinker.

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The 9-7 Titans.  Twice.  Not exactly exciting.  Last year, the Bills beat the same amount of winning teams as the Jets-  1.

If you get Melvin Gordon, for example.  And you acquired Stefon Diggs.  Two malcontent/holdout types who won't stand for Allen sailing balls to Rochester when they're wide open.

Building around the wrong quarterback sets your franchise back half a decade or more.  You should know this.  Every Bills quarterback since 1996, for example.

Look, the Bills have a nice roster but they are handicapped by a bad quarterback and the Jets are going to be much improved next year.  Elite defenses eat Allen alive and Belichick is still out there too.  You'll go 9-7 and miss the wildcard in the AFC, the exact scenario that would have played out in 2019 if the Jets weren't a M*A*S*H unit.

SAR I

1. He also beat the 10-6 Falcons and 10-6 Chiefs in 2017 and the 8-7-1 Vikings in 2018. This is just wrong

2. Why are you counting a guy who isn't even signed? Diggs wasn't a free agent and he will cost the Bills less than 12 mil per year. That would be for less than Robbie Anderson for 4 years.

3. This thread is talking about 2020, not the future. How does adding pieces now make the Bills worse in 2020?

4. Josh Allen had 23 TDs and 5 turnovers from weeks 5-16 where he played the toughest defensive schedule in the league during that time. He struggles vs Zero blitzes. The addition of Diggs helps against that type of defense.

5.You can make a better argument for the Jets Roster actually being worse right now than 2019.

6. 9-7 is likely a wildcard with the new CBA and 7 teams making the playoff.

28 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Didn't you say the jets were definitely going to make the playoffs last year? Thought so. 

We did.  Teams that finish 6-2 with that kind of roster would surely have opened no worse than 4-4 if healthy.  

The 2019 Jets were a playoff team crippled by illness and injury.  That’s the platform we are building off of in 2020. 

SAR I

23 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Im as optimistic as anybody but the Bills are winning the division next year and I hate to say that. We will be decent though. 

Only a SOJF could fear the Buffalo Bills.

Bills open 0-5, McDermott gets fired, Allen gets benched.  Just watch.  

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hamat711 said:

He also beat the 10-6 Falcons and 10-6 Chiefs in 2017 and the 8-7-1 Vikings in 2018. This is just wrong

Josh Allen wasn’t in the NFL in 2017. 

Why are you counting a guy who isn't even signed? Diggs wasn't a free agent and he will cost the Bills less than 12 mil per year. That would be for less than Robbie Anderson for 4 years.

I was talking about the type of players the Bills are recently linked to.  Not good team-guys. Malcontents.  

Josh Allen had 23 TDs and 5 turnovers from weeks 5-16 where he played the toughest defensive schedule in the league during that time.

He runs too much and throws bad passes that are often turnovers.  He’s RG4. He’s going to blow a knee on a scramble and when he returns immobile he’ll be a turnover machine and wind up wasting 5 of your seasons.  You need to cut him now.  Or make him a backup.   

You can make a better argument for the Jets Roster actually being worse right now than 2019.

That may be the funniest thing I’ve read the whole year.  I’m a 20 year season ticket holder and I can’t even name more than 8 Jets 2019 starters with confidence, the rest were backups to the backups.   

9-7 is likely a wildcard with the new CBA and 7 teams making the playoff.

I hope you take a wildcard; it would be nice to play the Bills at MetLife and have another guaranteed playoff win.  Having won 7 playoff games and appeared in 14 since the Bills last win, we Jets fans know a thing or two about the postseason, you see.  

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Josh Allen wasn’t in the NFL in 2017. 

I was talking about the type of players the Bills are recently linked to.  Not good team-guys. Malcontents.  

He runs too much and throws bad passes that are often turnovers.  He’s RG4. He’s going to blow a knee on a scramble and when he returns immobile he’ll be a turnover machine and wind up wasting 5 of your seasons.  You need to cut him now.  Or make him a backup.   

That may be the funniest thing I’ve read the whole year.  I’m a 20 year season ticket holder and I can’t even name more than 8 Jets 2019 starters with confidence, the rest were backups to the backups.   

I hope you take a wildcard; it would be nice to play the Bills at MetLife and have another guaranteed playoff win.  Having won 7 playoff games and appeared in 14 since the Bills last win, we Jets fans know a thing or two about the postseason, you see.  

SAR I

1. You said the head coach can't beat winning teams. You didn't say Josh Allen, which is still not true.

2. You keep flip flopping. You said they are "loading up on expensive Free agents". Melvin Gordon doesn't even have a deal so you don't even know if he is expensive. 

3. The entire Jets defense is currently worse with all the holes on the roster. The WRs are also worse. The only upgrades made so far are Fant and Mcgovern. McGovern is a upgrade, but Fant is a complete unknown. He was the backup and played half his snaps as the blocking TE.

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

how have you not figured out that he's being a caricature of the SOJF crowd that laps up everything the Jets do despite their not being results? 

This @hamat711 seems like a nice guy, and I actually like him. He should be banned though, if for no other reason than he's a willing accomplice to this.

I give @SAR I credit for going after a Bills fan, but this has reached the point now where creepy lurker and jets fan 80 started their Fire Macc thread, and a bunch of us try to keep the Mayfield nonsense to a particular thread, in order for it not to pollute every other topic..

Please guys, give the rest of us a break, start a thread where the two of you can duke it out amongst yourselves. If anyone is interested they can go find and read it.   

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Im as optimistic as anybody but the Bills are winning the division next year and I hate to say that. We will be decent though. 

Everyone is riding the bills d-cks 

Jets have the best QB in the division 

• Post of the Week 1

Do you even believe the things you say?

You haven’t won a playoff game since 1995, you beat 1 team with a winning record, you finished the season on a 1-4 collapse, you lost to the worst playoff team in the last decade, and your QB has been exposed as a running back.  

You’re the one that needs to question yourself.  

SAR I