NY Jets are kicking the tires on a potential Brandin Cooks trade

These stories could be used to put pressure on Robby Anderson.

There are still other WRs out there, too, correct?  Emmanuel Sanders, Devin Funchess, Phillip Dorsett, etc.?  We're also 4 weeks away from welcoming about 30+ new WRs into the NFL....all of whom will be on cheap rookie contracts.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

There are still other WRs out there, too, correct?  Emmanuel Sanders, Devin Funchess, Phillip Dorsett, etc.?  We're also 4 weeks away from welcoming about 30+ new WRs into the NFL....all of whom will be on cheap rookie contracts.

I want Robby or Sanders. That’s it. 

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think we can replace Mr 55 % catch rate adequately and for much less than the coin he is demanding.  

Losing the great Robby Anderson would not be a disaster, contrary to popular opinion.

If he comes down on his demands and comes back to us, great.  If not, that's fine too.  We'll survive.  

sh*t Qbs lead to bad catch rate

Never said Robby was great., or that losing him would be a disaster. YOu know that, 8-0.

I never said just give him what he wants. Just a reasonable WR#2 contract...and that if we lose him and replace him with Cooks, its a downgrade on a subpar position group.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm curious as to how?  

Mostly physics, speed/velocity and mass etc.

When fast big thing hits fast small thing, small thing suffers much, much more. I have witnessed this again and again personally responding to car accidents over the past 20 years.  

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At the very least, this will let Robby Anderson know the Jets aren't necessarily sitting on their hands at the WR position until he makes up his mind.  We're not going to be his "fallback option".  

Cool story, but... We are. Have you seen our WR chart?

and I doubt the Jets starting rumors about OBJ and Cooks or anyone else is really bothering him. He's going to be come rich as sh*t in a very short time. It's just a matter of who makes him really rich, and how rich they make him.

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

I'm in favor of every tire being kicked. I guess if a deal could be done for a conditional 4th or 5th in 2021 I'd have to be on board, but the WR crop in this year's draft is so deep that I'd really prefer finding a guy in the second who could bring Cooks-like production on a rookie contract. 

seems very Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards...but that was only good for two years, ultimately unsatisfying.

JD is in the mix on all trades.

He is talking to alot of teams about alot of players.

If you want any of his players, he will talk to you.

But he buys low, and sells high.  

It is a very good long-term strategy for this team.  

He is not trading a draft pick or paying real money for Brandin Cooks.   I will believe it when I see it.

Robby Anderson knows what he is dealing with, but he is holding out for more than he will get.  

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Funchess and Dorsett are yuck

Sanders I’d be ok with signing if we also signed Robby

Cool story, but... We are. Have you seen our WR chart?
and I doubt the Jets starting rumors about OBJ and Cooks or anyone else is really bothering him. He's going to be come rich as sh*t in a very short time. It's just a matter of who makes him really rich, and how rich they make him.

I’ll believe it when I see it. And by that I mean he’s not going to get what he’s looking for and will end up settling for about what we offered.
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, slats said:

I'm in favor of every tire being kicked. I guess if a deal could be done for a conditional 4th or 5th in 2021 I'd have to be on board, but the WR crop in this year's draft is so deep that I'd really prefer finding a guy in the second who could bring Cooks-like production on a rookie contract. 

Cooks will bring a second round pick at a minimum. 

7 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Article mentions a conditional 5th that may be a 4th. I definitely take a chance on him for that.

If we could get Cooks and keep Robbie, now we have a potentially potent offense.

We don't have the $13 mil per for him if Robby is signed. And I would hate to lock up that much cash for another potentially injured WR. We already have one of those. Cooks was my second favorite WR in that draft and I was furious that we passed on him. I love his game, but there is no way you commit $13 mil of the limited cap we have left to a guy that most likely won't make it through the season. Sucks, but it's the truth. 

I wish him well. 

14 hours ago, FlightBoyz said:

new york giants GIF

Beckham all day. Screw Cooks

Remember when we signed Braylon Edwards? He was much older than some of these guys available. Holmes too. How crazy would it be to trade for OBJ, resign Robby to a decent #2 contract & draft Ruggs, Lamb or Jeudy! 

How freaking fun would it be to see Sam Darnold in a Bradyless AFC East throwing to OBJ, Anderson & 1 of those rookies, with Herndon/Griffin, Le'veon Bell & a guy like Hellaire backing Bell up? 

JD could pull that off, it's not a pipe dream. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

That my little pony looking drama clown does not fit the mold of a Douglas or gase player. Very talented though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

My Little Pony...? Spit my coffee out! 

But....imagine him dancing in the endzone in Gillette for his 3rd TD & a 31-3 lead while Patriots fans head for the exits & the 3rd Quarter just started ?.